Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is it taking them 36 hours for maintenance?

24 hours for some back end stuff they said was not related to the game
12 hours for the patch

No idea what that backend stuff could be. I mean if it doesnt touch the game then why did they need to bring it down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
24 hours for some back end stuff they said was not related to the game
12 hours for the patch

No idea what that backend stuff could be. I mean if it doesnt touch the game then why did they need to bring it down.
It's not specific to any particular game but affects all of DBG games. Probably some account or payment related stuff.

Vinsanity

Trakanon Raider
Couldnt they just contact the 20 people who play on Miragul directly and offer like a $100 gift card or something and then just delete the server. Would save alot of time and money.

I thought you were joking — but I did a /who all on Miragul over the weekend, and it came back with 29 players...

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought you were joking — but I did a /who all on Miragul over the weekend, and it came back with 29 players...

And thats their peak play time. Check it during the week during the day and will be less than 12 people online.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Krono is up to 100k on Rizlona.

Feels bad man
Yeah. I'm sitting on several hundred thousand plat because I just can't bring myself to buy kronos at that price so early in a server. Logical me knows now is always the best time to buy krono, but illogical me can't do it.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Kronos are like 32-35k plat on Agnarr. Price has gone down lately because we've had an influx of new players. The server added a whole new raiding guild (not Mandalorian).

Plat Raid last weekend delivered about 3.5 kronos worth of plat per person, not bad for 3 hours work in EQ. I enjoy the locked nature of Agnarr. As a completionist, I'd never be able to really 'max' a character on a server that keeps progressing, plus it allows me to play as little as I want and I'll never fall behind. I played Mangler through Velious, took a break and it's way too daunting to catch up now. I don't like the feeling that I HAVE to keep playing just to keep up...

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
- For the first two months after Planes of Power first opens on a server, the giants in the Plane of Storms that normally carry Esoteric Medallions will carry more of them, and other giants in that zone will have a small chance to carry their own medallion.

Why limit this to only 2 months? Why not just leave it at an increased chance of getting them.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice change to PoS. Will make it less of a slog/dps race and help with boxes for planes after the first week. This helps the whole server and hurts no one, which is a good change.

DickTrickle

- For the first two months after Planes of Power first opens on a server, the giants in the Plane of Storms that normally carry Esoteric Medallions will carry more of them, and other giants in that zone will have a small chance to carry their own medallion.

Why limit this to only 2 months? Why not just leave it at an increased chance of getting them.
Yeah, it's weird that they make it time limited. Still, I'm shocked they actually made this change.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll take it. Just the fact trash can drop medallions means you cant really krono lord the drops, and that alone will easily double the medallions/day. Good change. Time limited is whatever, though.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone explain why Atabishi is making this seem like the worst change ever? He has to be trolling on the aradune discord, right? Or is this just another change that helps the lower guilds, so he's against it as more people will be in OW planes sooner?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can someone explain why Atabishi is making this seem like the worst change ever? He has to be trolling on the aradune discord, right? Or is this just another change that helps the lower guilds, so he's against it as more people will be in OW planes sooner?
Because the top guilds always want to control the server. One of the biggest bottlenecks in EQ is those medallions. Been a shit show on every server since they started.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

BECAUSE IT'S A RACE, DON'T YOU KNOW, AREN'T YOU EVEN A LITTLE SAD, THIS IS SO SHOCKING AND DEPRESSING!!!

Dude, the guy "races" to beat every TLP. He's autistic as fuck. You ever watch a speed runner on twitch? Imagine that but playing Everquest and you have TEB leadership.

DickTrickle

I like how he's pretending that the other "bottlenecks" will somehow become worse than storms. Completely not true.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I like how he's pretending that the other "bottlenecks" will somehow become worse than storms. Completely not true.

If they do, who cares, this is like being mad because the city fixes one stoplight thats off timing to be on timing but didn't change the other 12. Oh man it'll create a NEW bottleneck at a place that was already a bottleneck!

• 1Like

DickTrickle

And, outside of racing, a ton of more casual players will love this change because bot is a big XP zone for a lot of people

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I always enjoyed the Storms shitshow. This change should be permanent though and not for just the first little while. Might even be better if it started a couple of days after PoP launch instead of immediately so people could have a shitshow for the race, then it just opens up very shortly after. Also, TLP isn't live from 200 years ago there's a lot less people xping in BoT. Even casuals end up xping in the Elemental planes.

• 1Like