Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sterling

El Presidente
the storms picks literally benefit us the least out of every guild who got to use them. I really dont understand where you are going with this or why it keeps getting brought up. You really, truly believe that the picks were INJECTED into the game by a player?
You sir do not seem to understand logic. Clearly the guild that's racing and winning 90 percent of the Storms medals is the guild that needs to create more picks for reasons. Also, it's obvious that it was a player that created the extra picks because why would a GM do something that would likely massively decrease their workload over tickets concerning contested giants.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who knows grisvok knows how absurd the claim is. It requires you to believe that he decided to spawn picks in a manner that would decrease competition and never benefit amtrak the most, and only in a few extreme circumstances. This is a guy who lived for the race and wasn't shy about active hacks, somehow deciding to give other guilds fg picks when amtrak is winning dps races, then lies about being on vacation and secretly sneaks on just to spawn deep picks for mostly am and casuals, and then kronos a handful of wizard accounts and spends time devising plans for racing storms only to just spawn enough picks that none of his idea see daylight.

At least the atabishi theory of some 3rd party trying to move us along, while I don't believe it, is not batshit stupid.

I'm sticking to my theory. The same fucking theory from back then. Gms did it because they didn't want to deal with petition spam from incidents that lacked a clear bad guy or bad side or rulebreaking but was super toxic. Picks ended the petitioning. They just won't admit it because then people will petition to get free picks, defeating the whole point of trying to deal with less petitions.

I'm also sticking with my theory that vice you are a dumbfuck. Your guild didn't benefit from storms the way everyone else did so fuck everyone else!

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Anyone who knows grisvok knows how absurd the claim is. It requires you to believe that he decided to spawn picks in a manner that would decrease competition and never benefit amtrak the most, and only in a few extreme circumstances. This is a guy who lived for the race and wasn't shy about active hacks, somehow deciding to give other guilds fg picks when amtrak is winning dps races, then lies about being on vacation and secretly sneaks on just to spawn deep picks for mostly am and casuals, and then kronos a handful of wizard accounts and spends time devising plans for racing storms only to just spawn enough picks that none of his idea see daylight.

At least the atabishi theory of some 3rd party trying to move us along, while I don't believe it, is not batshit stupid.

I'm sticking to my theory. The same fucking theory from back then. Gms did it because they didn't want to deal with petition spam from incidents that lacked a clear bad guy or bad side or rulebreaking but was super toxic. Picks ended the petitioning. They just won't admit it because then people will petition to get free picks, defeating the whole point of trying to deal with less petitions.

I'm also sticking with my theory that vice you are a dumbfuck. Your guild didn't benefit from storms the way everyone else did so fuck everyone else!

Lol this is great, I wasn't trying to debate on what happened with storm picks on selo's. Its pretty obvious by now you aren't going to change my mind just like I'm not going to change your mind.

I was more just trying to point out what a fucking hypocrite you are. (thanks for playing into it)
but you defend harder than those idiots. You gotta let shit go man.

Nobody brought up Amtrak or Grisvok until you did on the EQ boards, All I was doing was comparing the overall time spent in storms on Selo's vs Aradune until you went to the thread stirring random shit up.

Now please crawl back in your hole you fucking low life.

Last edited:

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Amtrak spent 10hours in storms split between 2 time periods, I dont feel like reposting the timestamps but there ya go.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Much respect for anyone who organizes and executes a guild race plan to conquer an expansion, I do not think many folks realize how difficult it is. How do you assign loot? Do you prioritize leveling or boss kills? How do you adapt and work around unexpected zone mechanics? I would like to see final boss fights live streamed ... a postmortem would be cool too.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Much respect for anyone who organizes and executes a guild race plan to conquer an expansion, I do not think many folks realize how difficult it is. How do you assign loot? Do you prioritize leveling or boss kills? How do you adapt and work around unexpected zone mechanics? I would like to see final boss fights live streamed ... a postmortem would be cool too.
bobby has a few of ours from AoS/WT up on youtube. I think GoD/Omens/DoN start to finish

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
you playing mischief? you gotta be since you're lurking forums again :p

yeah im gonna static with thraka malaki and qelyn for launch, what I do beyond that is up in the air though. I enjoy the first few weeks of a server then get bored quickly. Maybe thatll be different this time.

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Screenshot_from_2021-05-05_19-55-42.png

• 1Mother of God

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only input I have is that every single TLP has gotten easier than the last. Either through actual game changes or changes to the meta and consolidation of knowledge. You compare yourself and your times to previous TLPs so to not include the very last round of them is short sighted if your intention was to hold some record. A short lived record because if not this generation then the next generation of TLPs will crush the records due to the aforementioned changes to the game over time.

Now onto the topic of how amazing Rizlona is as a server. It is. That is all.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol this is great, I wasn't trying to debate on what happened with storm picks on selo's. Its pretty obvious by now you aren't going to change my mind just like I'm not going to change your mind.

I was more just trying to point out what a fucking hypocrite you are. (thanks for playing into it)

Nobody brought up Amtrak or Grisvok until you did on the EQ boards, All I was doing was comparing the overall time spent in storms on Selo's vs Aradune until you went to the thread stirring random shit up.

Now please crawl back in your hole you fucking low life.

Your guildmate brought it up repeatedly, and dredged it up again after 2 different thread nukes. Anyone who thinks storms was easier on selo with the picks than it is now on riz/ara with the changes is ignorant and must not have experienced both; it's SO much better now. Anyone who thinks Grisvok had the ability to spawn picks and used them as happened on Selo is an idiot.

You can absolutely get a jab in at me on hypocrisy for calling Atabashi the most easily rustled while being a rustlemonger myself. Saying I started the mess on the EQ boards is completely false though, and the only reason anyone might believe you is because your AM guildmates got the threads nuked. It was AM and TEB going back and forth for many pages before me (or people like cupie etc) that don't play on aradune even got involved.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The only thing that ruins the nostalgia here, is everyone is too old, and needs to sleep for the night. No more Jolt fueled weeks long flame war, that never really gets resolved.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only thing that ruins the nostalgia here, is everyone is too old, and needs to sleep for the night. No more Jolt fueled weeks long flame war, that never really gets resolved.
Aradune was a struggle man! I could barely get through that grind on 5 hours of sleep a night. Wasnt fun at all. Definitely not doing that anymore. After doing it on basically every TLP, I have no desire to do it again lol.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Aradune was a struggle man! I could barely get through that grind on 5 hours of sleep a night. Wasnt fun at all. Definitely not doing that anymore. After doing it on basically every TLP, I have no desire to do it again lol.
Yeah when I played at the start I foolishly chose a Bard, back was still really fucked up then, pain spasms ect, hard to explain everytime I couldn't pull the entire time, although I didn't mind doing it, just needed breaks. Didn't do my research, I was more thinking of raiding, which would allow me to sneak quick stretches in ect. Should have picked a wizard or something.

Like fuck, I've had lots of free time, but my body won't let me sit there for hours like when I was 19-20, it's like a monkey paw wish.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah when I played at the start I foolishly chose a Bard, back was still really fucked up then, pain spasms ect, hard to explain everytime I couldn't pull the entire time, although I didn't mind doing it, just needed breaks. Didn't do my research, I was more thinking of raiding, which would allow me to sneak quick stretches in ect. Should have picked a wizard or something.

Like fuck, I've had lots of free time, but my body won't let me sit there for hours like when I was 19-20, it's like a monkey paw wish.
Welcome to the club, old man.

• 1Worf

Crone

Foaming Foaming What's the raid scene like on Rizlona? I know you mentioned there are a few guilds in Elementals? The general assumption is that every raid just has 2 dudes boxing 24 accounts or whatever to take down content? Do they have any guilds that have "mains" then the boxes go along with the mains? or how's all that work?

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
The two biggest "Real People" guilds are Shadowed Souls and Deconstructing Gods with about 54ish reals in each. There is quite a few other guilds with anywhere from 20-30 people in them and then there are your boxer only guilds that 72 man raids with only 6-8 real people. I believe there are also a handful of 54 man, two real people shows.

There are three guilds in EP's atm I believe. SS killed quarm two days ago I think it was. Most of the rest just stick to their raid schedule and don't go out of their way to race.

Drama is almost non existent on this server.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in SS. We raided like 2hours on launch night and added 1 extra raid night on Friday for launch. Took the whole weekend off. We're like 50-60 mains and fill the rest with boxes. I think DG is basically the same but less progressed. I believe there are 2 more guilds that are mostly mains supplemented by boxes but I honestly don't even know anymore. With PoP like 10 new guilds have popped up getting yellow texts. Since no one really competes there is no real tracking.

Guilds on just about every time zone clearing stuff at various levels, though. I doubt any of them would shrug away another body because fights like Rathe Council benefit massively from more people able to react to stuff.

Crone

Because of true box, I play EQ across 2 laptops, and 2 desktops. I travel a lot for work so the laptops are for when I'm in a hotel, and sometimes boxing at home. Otherwise, I use the desktops. Problem is, syncing UI changes or other shit across all of them has been really annoying. Basically, they all look different and have a lot of different hotkeys.

What's the best way to make sure that it all syncs up? Run EQ off my google drive folder? except the log file would start to get massive or cause needless download. Can I exclude that one folder from uploading to Google Drive, making sure the rest syncs? GeForce Now and Luna both do not support Everquest yet, and maybe never will.