Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Layout and hotkeys are in the root eq folder (UI_char_server.ini / char_server.ini). Audio triggers, loot filters, etc are in the userdata folder.

If you didn't want to sync your entire eq folder, you could also try storing all your ini files on google drive/dropbox and then using symlinks to point the config files to that location.

ie. "mklink <everquest ini file loc> <google drive ini file loc>" in an elevated cmd prompt window. This should work on Windows 10, though I never fucked around with whether EQ handled it well since all my uis are different resolutions so I just set them up separately. Might be worth it for hotbars/triggers at least (char_server.ini / userdata/AT_default_char_server.ini)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Honestly it sounds like theres demand for a Mischief offshoot of TEB on Mischief sans the Bishiboi.

Mabbu's guild looks like it will have a large number of Bloodthirst and TEB players, most of his officers were in both guilds. At this point every big dog guild is a melting pot of people from various TLP guilds. It's like my kids playdough an hour after they get it, all blended together into an amorphous blob.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People play where their friends go. And usually 1 person makes a guild and everyone just migrates to it under a new name lol.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I don't think we'll ever see another server with 2 batphone guilds competing, 1 guild just reaches a critical mass and nobody can contest so people just pile into it and the OW loot is stretched super thin but you make up for it by aggressively splitting DZs. Only thing worse than waking up at 3am to a batphoned Dragon is waking up to that batphone then losing anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
One guild ruthlessly crushes the competition causing other guilds to give up and stick to their DZ's. Then people are like why is there no competition?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
EQ is just too winner-take-all for people to continue fighting for raid targets once they start losing. The next TLP they should set up the rules such that anyone within cast range of a boss in open world is temporarily PvP flagged. You'd see some competition then.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Most people at the top don't want the competition.

How was Selos weighed in terms of competitiveness? From what I remember during the hype of the server, it was like 4 previous TLP guilds combined into 1... vs 1 guild. Which I thought it was hilarious that a bunch of old guilds joined together instead of competing versus each other.

I didn't end up playing there, but how did that end up? Did it end up being 3-4 old guilds combined vs 1 other guild or did things change up before launch?

Sterling

El Presidente
Which guild was 3 guilds in 1? it was the TL/AoS guys and the faceless guys. Obviously both guilds had people that were in other guilds on other servers, but the main bulk of both guilds were that. Unless there was some wild stuff happening on the Faceless side I wasn't aware of.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I just remember 1 side had almost all the recognizable names that just talked about how easy it was going to be because they had all the pros.

did it end up being 1 sided or was it pretty good competition.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was fun in the sense of doing luclin raid bosses with the most minimal gear ever(im talking mage summoned armor, bronze/fine steel etc). Not sure there was ever really a competition? Maybe to kill emp/ahr? Then it kind of was just cruise along and gear up. PoP i don't remember a rush, though the storm instances basically helped everyone. But again I don't remembering rushing into time or going as fast a possible. I slept plenty.

Honestly the only real racing I remember on selos was GoD stuff. Things like goats, txevu mobs, which was mostly smaller members who just happen to be on or could be on(no batphones, just pings in discord).

Sieger(the guy who ran/runs faceless on selos) had no real interest in racing from the start. It was mainly making sure to get into later eq expansions that was the goal, as what most players rolling there were there for. When its a month for unlocks, it always felt like going fast, because you had to key quickly to into last raid zone and gear up before next expac hit.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't think this era of hundreds and hundreds of people in a single guild is going to end unless they do something to restrict instance creation by guildtag. People were 3 digit zerging pop raid mobs in era because they could; people are mass zerging ow and low man splitting dzs now because why not. There's no real reason to turn people away anymore because the more the merrier you just add to your split count, and no real reason not to just join #1 since its an incestuous recycling of tlp names anyway, so the trend will probably continue and even expand. I wouldn't be shocked if mischief had a 500 member guild.

• 1Like

Coka

Golden Squire
One guild ruthlessly crushes the competition causing other guilds to give up and stick to their DZ's. Then people are like why is there no competition?
I believe this happened on Aradune only really. There were no big guilds going there so everyone US based just ended up in one guild.

The only attempt at competition was a rushed US/EU guild which didn't work and when it was just left to the EU players most didn't care. So OW competition was less and less.

In terms of competition Aradune was/is the weakest TLP I've participated in.

Even when competition did turn up you just saw them get poached and merged into the biggest guild. Saw a lot of Victorem and Midnight Redemption leave and join them. For example, I think even MR guild leader jumped ship to them.

Now with Mischief coming I can see a lot of the Faceless, RI etc players in that guild leave.

Early looks at the Discord back that up

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
In terms of competition Aradune was/is the weakest TLP I've participated in.

Says the guy from a guild that batphoned for a year whilst losing everything. I respect the dedication, trust me. I don't think there's ever been a guild that batphoned targets that long while losing. Most guilds would have given up after 1 month in to classic. However, you only get to call the competition weak if you are winning. When you lose for 4 expansions straight on sometimes a daily basis (until you give up the last half of each expansion), you don't then get to make the claim that competition is weak lol. That's just retarded rofl

Anyone who argues that Aradune wasn't the most competitive OW server of modern era tlp's is just straight trolling. It's not even close. DZ guilds going for OW mobs has been on a steady increase since Coirnav. I think you saw very little of it on Phinny and Agnarr because AoC's were new and DZ guilds were just content with raiding DZ's. Over time though that's gone away. Mangler is kind of when a lot of DZ only guilds realized "hey, we can go for OW when it's up" and that boiled over in to Aradune pretty hard.

The DZ guilds going for OW or trying to mass recruit then attempt to make a conversion in to an OW guild is one of the big things that has helped us stay so big. Every expansion there are DZ guilds one at a time that start trying to call OW targets and after they lose a handful of times a lot of their members leave and join us. DPS racing has always been a snowball effect. The winners snowball and the losers die off, that's why it's very important to win obviously lol. There has been like 3 guilds at least per expansion that does this. I mean we are in PoP era right now, the expansion where OW matters the least, and just in the last few days we've had to dps race 2 dif US guilds on ele gods at 4 am. Since classic, we've had over 200 DPS races and 34 counter poopsocks vs 13 different guilds and we aren't even to GoD yet, the motherland of contested OW.

Coka

Golden Squire
Says the guy from a guild that batphoned for a year whilst losing everything. I respect the dedication, trust me. I don't think there's ever been a guild that batphoned targets that long while losing. Most guilds would have given up after 1 month in to classic. However, you only get to call the competition weak if you are winning. When you lose for 4 expansions straight on sometimes a daily basis (until you give up the last half of each expansion), you don't then get to make the claim that competition is weak lol. That's just retarded rofl

Anyone who argues that Aradune wasn't the most competitive OW server of modern era tlp's is just straight trolling. It's not even close. DZ guilds going for OW mobs has been on a steady increase since Coirnav. I think you saw very little of it on Phinny and Agnarr because AoC's were new and DZ guilds were just content with raiding DZ's. Over time though that's gone away. Mangler is kind of when a lot of DZ only guilds realized "hey, we can go for OW when it's up" and that boiled over in to Aradune pretty hard.

The DZ guilds going for OW or trying to mass recruit then attempt to make a conversion in to an OW guild is one of the big things that has helped us stay so big. Every expansion there are DZ guilds one at a time that start trying to call OW targets and after they lose a handful of times a lot of their members leave and join us. DPS racing has always been a snowball effect. The winners snowball and the losers die off, that's why it's very important to win obviously lol. There has been like 3 guilds at least per expansion that does this. I mean we are in PoP era right now, the expansion where OW matters the least, and just in the last few days we've had to dps race 2 dif US guilds on ele gods at 4 am. Since classic, we've had over 200 DPS races and 34 counter poopsocks vs 13 different guilds and we aren't even to GoD yet, the motherland of contested OW.

I didn't batphone everything for a year and lose everything? I mean Aradune hasn't even been around for a year?

Rampage also didn't batphone and lose everything, another lie you spread. Rampage batphoned and lost a LOT of races (literally all), but enjoyed plenty of uncontested batphone kills in Kunark, Velious and Luclin. Even managed to win a couple of races in there. Notice I say uncontested? because there was no competition. TEQB enjoyed countless uncontested batphone kills, yet you're standing here saying it's busy competitive server? haha

The losses you suffered to us (and there were only a few) were always met with an excuse from yourself, usually some bullshit like, "oh you had more numbers" (against TEQB?? lol) "oh you had x amount of people camped out there" "you warped" so on and so forth.

I personally enjoyed the "congrats on your ban" tells from some people in your guild for 'warping' in Sleepers Tomb when I got a res from zoneline.

Aradune is a weak server for competition I don't know why you try argue the fact it isn't? There were mobs in Velious left up for half a day at least, I know this because your officers used to batphone bigger targets and would mop up mobs that had been left up or would see us move there and come over, something Hicks especially liked to do.

As soon as Victorem started turning up your guild tried to poach their members and officers, Safeside the GL of Midnight Redemption left to get easier loot with you guys and just abandoned his guild. I'm not saying these as a negative tactic for your guild. I'm just further reinforcing the fact Aradune is a weak server where one guild dominated and if you wanted literal free easy loot it was the place to go. There were a lot of cases of mobs being left up and most guilds are happy to sit in DZs. You were, alongside Rampage at a time the only guilds 'tracking' targets. These other guilds didn't have FD SK's down at Vulak 24/7 like you did for example.

See that's the difference between you and I, I've done all this before in RoI and Darkwind, It just isn't that important to me.

Congrats though on your domination, I'm sure you'll be remembered as one of the greatest guild leaders to ever grace the game and Aradune will go down in history as the most competitive server and the pinnacle of the TLP genre.

You just need to accept you literally impress nobody because you're not doing anything special, Although I'm interested with what will happen if your World Records get broken on the next TLP? What will the excuse be?

Just want to add one final thing with regards to the 200 DPS races. If you even used the measure of 4 OW mobs a day from Classic for one year (and that is mega conservative), that's 1,460 mobs and you've only DPS raced 200 times... you're trying to stand here and tell everyone you're on the most competitive TLP ever?

Last edited:

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't batphone everything for a year and lose everything? I mean Aradune hasn't even been around for a year?

Rampage also didn't batphone and lose everything, another lie you spread. Rampage batphoned and lost a LOT of races (literally all), but enjoyed plenty of uncontested batphone kills in Kunark, Velious and Luclin. Even managed to win a couple of races in there. Notice I say uncontested? because there was no competition. TEQB enjoyed countless uncontested batphone kills, yet you're standing here saying it's busy competitive server? haha

The losses you suffered to us (and there were only a few) were always met with an excuse from yourself, usually some bullshit like, "oh you had more numbers" (against TEQB?? lol) "oh you had x amount of people camped out there" "you warped" so on and so forth.

I personally enjoyed the "congrats on your ban" tells from some people in your guild for 'warping' in Sleepers Tomb when I got a res from zoneline.

Aradune is a weak server for competition I don't know why you try argue the fact it isn't? There were mobs in Velious left up for half a day at least, I know this because your officers used to batphone bigger targets and would mop up mobs that had been left up or would see us move there and come over, something Hicks especially liked to do.

As soon as Victorem started turning up your guild tried to poach their members and officers, Safeside the GL of Midnight Redemption left to get easier loot with you guys and just abandoned his guild. I'm not saying these as a negative tactic for your guild. I'm just further reinforcing the fact Aradune is a weak server where one guild dominated and if you wanted literal free easy loot it was the place to go. There were a lot of cases of mobs being left up and most guilds are happy to sit in DZs. You were, alongside Rampage at a time the only guilds 'tracking' targets. These other guilds didn't have FD SK's down at Vulak 24/7 like you did for example.

See that's the difference between you and I, I've done all this before in RoI and Darkwind, It just isn't that important to me.

Congrats though on your domination, I'm sure you'll be remembered as one of the greatest guild leaders to ever grace the game and Aradune will go down in history as the most competitive server and the pinnacle of the TLP genre.

You just need to accept you literally impress nobody because you're not doing anything special, Although I'm interested with what will happen if your World Records get broken on the next TLP? What will the excuse be?

Safeside left MR actually because our officers (he wasn't GL, he was just a officer. We never had one really - just a bunch of officers. Crabman was the "official GL" as listed though) wouldn't kick people who people who did poorly on parses /were AFK on raids. He was actually planning on coming back if MR would have stayed, he just had to spend his DKP in TEB. MR won as many OW mobs as we lost, but we only went after them in they were up in our raid times. We never batphoned a OW mob and on release days we tried a few.

We even got a few OW VP kills during Kunark and lost on a few that we went to after our raids. But we also never had people FD in every zone like you TEB did.

• 1Like

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider

Aradune is a weak server for competition I don't know why you try argue the fact it isn't? There were mobs in Velious left up for half a day at least,

We never reached out to victorem members, they reached out to us after losing races. Safeside was also not the GL of MR. Lots of lies here. TEB and Rampage were not the only guilds tracking targets, another lie. Lot of lies in your post from a guy always claiming others lie lol.

You got absolutely crushed despite the hours and hours and hours and hours you guys tried. Again, when you lose...you cannot say there is no competition. It makes you look retarded. I've literally never seen a guild try harder than yours and lose for so long. It was pathetic to watch in a way but the dedication to losing was also impressive in it's own right.

Last edited:

Coka

Golden Squire
Safeside left MR actually because our officers (he wasn't GL, he was just a officer. We never had one really - just a bunch of officers. Crabman was the "official GL" as listed though) wouldn't kick people who people who did poorly on parses /were AFK on raids. He was actually planning on coming back if MR would have stayed, he just had to spend his DKP in TEB. MR won as many OW mobs as we lost, but we only went after them in they were up in our raid times. We never batphoned a OW mob and on release days we tried a few.

We even got a few OW VP kills during Kunark and lost on a few that we went to after our raids. But we also never had people FD in every zone like you TEB did.

I stand corrected on Safeside's rank still he jumped ship as I stated. Yes you guys did, gave TEQB a kick up the arse with those end of expansion VP kills caught them off guard.

We never reached out to victorem members, they reached out to us after losing races. Safeside was also not the GL of MR. Lots of lies here. TEB and Rampage were not the only guilds tracking targets, another lie. Lot of lies in your post from a guy always calling out lies lol.

You got absolutely crushed despite the hours and hours and hours and hours you guys tried. Again, when you lose...you cannot say there is no competition. It makes you look retarded. I've literally never seen a guild try harder than yours and lose for so long. It was pathetic to watch in a way but the dedication to losing was also impressive in it's own right.

You're clearly one of the most derranged people I've ever come across in a game. You even come in my Discord and told me you destroyed RI on Mangler in 4 weeks (RI didn't exist on Mangler at the point which you stated you destroyed them) and you tried to threaten us with getting no loot lol. You try to come across all calm and collected and it's easy to trigger you and get a rise without even trying.

Again with the crushed thing? who cares? hahaha you beat a European guild who had plenty of people who didn't even care they just showed up for the batphone DKP. You've seen the parses. LOL.

You impress nobody, and you soooo crave acceptance. I loved triggering you in game and it's funny watching you sperg out on here too. Keep going!