Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rizlona will be for boxers that want to camp stuff themselves and people that want to raid with 15-20 humans. The shitlord krono farmers will be on the truebox server since that's where the krono will be.

Fully agree, I feel like a just punishment for boxers is to boot them to a boxing server.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Imagine if they added quests and made focus items only work on quested, no-trade items in classic-velious. That'd be fucking awesome. All that shit Sol Ro gear worth it for non-tank classes! Really they should just make no drop item focuses go live in classic. Give people a reason to camp stuff, but that buys into their Dayjob Danny buyin' all the krono to gear his character scheme.

Taking the base game and making an EQPlus with updated loot tables and encounters with another pass at a class balance would be sweet.

I expect it to never happen.

Designing for the classic game is like restoring vintage vehicles, you have to pay attention to the overall look and feel. If you change too much, then that 57 Chevy is just not a 57 Chevy anymore. I think Prathun and Ngreth are open to suggestions, but they're going to be tough to convince.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Fully agree, I feel like a just punishment for boxers is to boot them to a boxing server.
It's not a punishment at all. The people that wanted this are getting it. The people you seem to want to have punished will still be on the truebox server making the prime camps shitty and collecting krono from the masses just like every single other TLP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not a punishment at all. The people that wanted this are getting it. The people you seem to want to have punished will still be on the truebox server making the prime camps shitty and collecting krono from the masses just like every single other TLP.

People are also delusional as fuck if they think that Aradune is going to be "watched" beyond the first month or so. Even then, you'll likely get a bunch of favoritism and false positives. Aradune is going to be a total shitshow. Rizlona would be cool, but I really don't want to box (even with software) an entire 6 man as I just don't really have the setup for it. 2-3 would be my max, but it seems like you're at a pretty big disadvantage doing that, since most people serious about Rizlona will likely be doing full crews.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
People are also delusional as fuck if they think that Aradune is going to be "watched" beyond the first month or so. Even then, you'll likely get a bunch of favoritism and false positives. Aradune is going to be a total shitshow. Rizlona would be cool, but I really don't want to box (even with software) an entire 6 man as I just don't really have the setup for it. 2-3 would be my max, but it seems like you're at a pretty big disadvantage doing that, since most people serious about Rizlona will likely be doing full crews.

This is all pretty amusing. I have seen this play out time and time again since agnarr.
  • casuals complain about the hardcore people getting all the loot and selling it
  • hardcore complain about the crappy farmers getting all the loot and selling it
  • crappy farmers complain about the good farmers getting all the loot and selling it
The vast majority of complaints comes from someones competition. Its like drug dealers calling the cops on other drug dealers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is the type of fuckery that I despise and goes uncheck/unnoticed.

Last year, when Selo launched I was the guild enchanter. I would get tradeskill/jewelry requests and dumped a lot of early platinum into it to get my skills up. It got to a point where I was like, might as well do the Coldain Shawl, because I already made the investment plus the +4 hour Koadic's buff duration is pretty amazing.

One of the challenging things that I did not consider was how stupid hard and expensive Tailoring was going to be. The auction house had simple Spider Silk going for 5pp per. "What the actual fuck?" I thought to my self. It was puzzling, but it seemed on the surface a simple supply/demand equation. This is super early on in the server, where Krono was going for like 800 - 1000pp. So that should give you an idea of the value of money.

Then, one day I had a guildmate that needed some help with his Ranger Epic in East Karana. One thing I noticed was that EK is super out of the way and dead, even when Selo was new and burgeoning with people. It was also a zone that people said was really good for farming Spider Silk. There are Crag and Carrion Spiders that drop up to 6 silks. So, while helping my guildy track down and kill his mob, I am going to check on the frequency and density of these spiders to farm enough to get my tailoring up.

We zone in, there is one anonymous player in the zone. We find his epic mob, kill it without issue, then I start looking around for the spiders. The zone is pretty huge, but over this hill in an area that would be devoid of any normal foot traffic, I find a max level Magician, still in his starter robe, that is clearly not present. He has a macro setup for "Target nearest NPC, Send Pet to Attack". I am watching spiders spawn and die at a rate of probably 5 or 6 per minute. The amount of bodies littering the ground would make lesser computers impload on themselves. I send the guy tells and hang around for 20 minutes KS'ing him a bit, just to see if a real player would ever show up... nope.

I report him, leave and come back 4 hours later. Same guy, still there, nothing changed. I log out, go to sleep, come back the next day, and he is still there. I go on about my business, and check in on the spot every couple of days. This character is here doing this 24/7 for days on end. Meanwhile, the situation on the auction house never changes, 5pp a silk and anything priced under that immediately gets bought out and resold at the 5pp standard.

At least the poop-socking 6-boxers were actually there running their boxes holding down their camps. It is the automated bots that ran the server economy and Daybreak didn't give a shit.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best tradeable boots in the game for like 70% of the classes (all Int Casters + Priests) and they are the common drop for Efreeti.

That is a lot of buyers and demand. Krono farmers bruh... Krono farmers.
Gebs are the Pumps and Jordan’s of EQ.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
This is all pretty amusing. I have seen this play out time and time again since agnarr.
  • casuals complain about the hardcore people getting all the loot and selling it
  • hardcore complain about the crappy farmers getting all the loot and selling it
  • crappy farmers complain about the good farmers getting all the loot and selling it
The vast majority of complaints comes from someones competition. Its like drug dealers calling the cops on other drug dealers.

As long as there are AOCs, I'm good. Pickzones help, too.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Last year, when Selo launched I was the guild enchanter. I would get tradeskill/jewelry requests and dumped a lot of early platinum into it to get my skills up. It got to a point where I was like, might as well do the Coldain Shawl, because I already made the investment plus the +4 hour Koadic's buff duration is pretty amazing.

One of the challenging things that I did not consider was how stupid hard and expensive Tailoring was going to be. The auction house had simple Spider Silk going for 5pp per. "What the actual fuck?" I thought to my self. It was puzzling, but it seemed on the surface a simple supply/demand equation. This is super early on in the server, where Krono was going for like 800 - 1000pp. So that should give you an idea of the value of money.

Then, one day I had a guildmate that needed some help with his Ranger Epic in East Karana. One thing I noticed was that EK is super out of the way and dead, even when Selo was new and burgeoning with people. It was also a zone that people said was really good for farming Spider Silk. There are Crag and Carrion Spiders that drop up to 6 silks. So, while helping my guildy track down and kill his mob, I am going to check on the frequency and density of these spiders to farm enough to get my tailoring up.

We zone in, there is one anonymous player in the zone. We find his epic mob, kill it without issue, then I start looking around for the spiders. The zone is pretty huge, but over this hill in an area that would be devoid of any normal foot traffic, I find a max level Magician, still in his starter robe, that is clearly not present. He has a macro setup for "Target nearest NPC, Send Pet to Attack". I am watching spiders spawn and die at a rate of probably 5 or 6 per minute. The amount of bodies littering the ground would make lesser computers impload on themselves. I send the guy tells and hang around for 20 minutes KS'ing him a bit, just to see if a real player would ever show up... nope.

I report him, leave and come back 4 hours later. Same guy, still there, nothing changed. I log out, go to sleep, come back the next day, and he is still there. I go on about my business, and check in on the spot every couple of days. This character is here doing this 24/7 for days on end. Meanwhile, the situation on the auction house never changes, 5pp a silk and anything priced under that immediately gets bought out and resold at the 5pp standard.

At least the poop-socking 6-boxers were actually there running their boxes holding down their camps. It is the automated bots that ran the server economy and Daybreak didn't give a shit.

Sounds like you fall under the hardcore mad at a crappy farmer category then.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Scandalous accusations! Scandalous!

spiderfarm.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparantly DBG will ban people for dropping trains on AFK farmers, although I doubt that their investigations go beyond checking chat logs to see if you were gloating about doing so.

1589478975040.png

• 1Worf

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Designing for the classic game is like restoring vintage vehicles, you have to pay attention to the overall look and feel. If you change too much, then that 57 Chevy is just not a 57 Chevy anymore. I think Prathun and Ngreth are open to suggestions, but they're going to be tough to convince.

Definitely see where you are coming from in that regard, as playing on highly modified emus arent congruent with what we expect after 20+ years.

At the same time, I personally feel that they could make some additions. Give people a refreshing experience and reinstill that wonder of what the world has to offer outside of the things any player on these servers know backwards and forwards. It is what made this game so appealing to me at the start and even for a long time after.

Just spitballing here for classic...

A new raid boss in mistmoore with new loot. Always loved the zone itself but it always felt underutilized.

Add a new key questline and dungeon connected to rathe mountains or lake rathear. I wouldnt even care if they reused zone files from much later expansions.

Add obscure rare mobs with desirable loot in underutilized zones. Possibly rescale level wise if needed. Gorge, Paw, Befallen, Kithicor at night.

Rework some of the loot tables or the stats on items in the goto zones. Guk, solb, hole, ect.

Anything to create some mystery and exploration. Their tlp expansion moneymakers are obviously classic-pop as most people have an affinity to those zones, so take advantage of that and expand upon it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

What's pathetic about this is that if you record this in any way and post it on their forums you'll get your shit deleted and your forum account suspended.

Only time will tell if their GM measures will have any impact. I feel like one dude teleporting around and testing people a few hours a ray at different times could quickly change the profitability of bots and box armies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

During the free period on Mangler there were eight picks of sirens grotto. Each had a group of 65s continuously killing and the rest were filled with level 1's warped into locations where they couldn't be trained to keep the picks open. Gms do nothing.

Siren's grotto has had at least four picks in it since the end of velious. The three most recent TLP also have this behavior, probably more.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
On mangler in solb at freeti each pick would have a group of all necros all FD until a mob pops, theys stand up, kill, and FD again. Couldnt even train them if you wanted to

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game's design drives players to seek out zones that have a large numbers of mobs within a narrow level range, and as a result all the classic zones that have this (or even just the parts of zones that have this) are popular camps. Many of the underutilized zones have too wide a range, or too few mobs in each range. For example, High Keep basement goblins are around 20-24, but if you move down one room they are up to level 34. Half the mobs are either too high for your group, or too low. There aren't enough mobs for a full group in either case. You could make this a substantially more appealing zone just by making the level range smaller.

It's something you can see the designers learned their lesson on because the Kunark zones follow this design philosophy far more than the classic ones do.

• 3Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What they need to do is increase the difficulty of the game. Give some earlier Exp mobs rampage and flurry etc. Add more of a rock paper scissor aspect to the game. Like the swirling sword dudes in unrest, they should have a massively high parry/riposte rate so that melee's have a real hard time killing them. Make flying mobs much more evasive to melee and give bows a bonus to flying creatures so that rangers have a special niche. Make it so the fire ele's in sola/b can't be dispelled and have permanent DS's. Make some mobs anti magic of course. This way you need a more diverse group make up to succeed in deeper area's.

Add zone wide aoe's to high end dungeons. Wanna go to permafrost? Well now you'll really need CR because every 60 seconds or whatever there's a zone wide cold AoE. You'll see a message like "a freezing wind sweeps through the caverns". Same shit for solB. Lguk could have a poison/disease type. This will make it so that you actually need to gear for high end zones and can't just wander into them with trash gear. They should also do a slight re-itemization of zones and improve/change/add gear that wasn't so great. A lot of the zones were underutilized because their rewards were pretty bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What they need to do is increase the difficulty of the game. Give some earlier Exp mobs rampage and flurry etc. Add more of a rock paper scissor aspect to the game. Like the swirling sword dudes in unrest, they should have a massively high parry/riposte rate so that melee's have a real hard time killing them. Make flying mobs much more evasive to melee and give bows a bonus to flying creatures so that rangers have a special niche. Make it so the fire ele's in sola/b can't be dispelled and have permanent DS's. Make some mobs anti magic of course. This way you need a more diverse group make up to succeed in deeper area's.

Add zone wide aoe's to high end dungeons. Wanna go to permafrost? Well now you'll really need CR because every 60 seconds or whatever there's a zone wide cold AoE. You'll see a message like "a freezing wind sweeps through the caverns". Same shit for solB. Lguk could have a poison/disease type. This will make it so that you actually need to gear for high end zones and can't just wander into them with trash gear. They should also do a slight re-itemization of zones and improve/change/add gear that wasn't so great. A lot of the zones were underutilized because their rewards were pretty bad.

Great idea, take original zones and lore and add new mechanics and challenges. Maybe rename it from scars of velious to torment of velious.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That goes against their strict no effort policy

• 2Worf
  • 2Like