Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
rangers are tanks in classic. rogue isn't great early one since nobody has any gear so you'd be way outclassed by monks in that regard, but it's early tlp, so just group with some pals and enjoy yourself. play what you want.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Grouping

Healer: Cleric>Druid/Shaman

CC: Enchanter>Bard>Shaman

Tank: SK>Warrior>Paladin>Ranger

DPS: Mage/Monk>Wizard>Necro/Ranger>Druid/Rogue>The Rest

Ideal group for humans: Cleric/Enchanter/SK/Mage/Monk/(ANY OTHER CLASS)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never played TLP but if half of what people say is true it'd be hard to take a rando rogue in the group in classic because not only is it gimpy on paper, but the person who chose to ride that gimpy horse is probably a potato.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've never played TLP but if half of what people say is true it'd be hard to take a rando rogue in the group in classic because not only is it gimpy on paper, but the person who chose to ride that gimpy horse is probably a potato.

WoW Classic has a lot of that mindset with offspecs but it's far more subdued in EQ.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You'd think that, but generally rogues lean more towards challenge seekers than pure bads. Just tell the rogue he will be responsible for chain pulling and replaced if he afks more than the people charming (they can't afk) and if they object don't invite. He doesn't have to actually pull or not afk, you're just testing here.

As for rangers, anyone saying they do good dps is a liar - nuking clerics do more. Rangers can snap agro and tank very well.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Really once you have at least 1 charm/1 clr, everything else is whatever. When a dps drops from your group, as long as its not the enchanter, youll grab the closest dps to the zone your in and youll be fine. Even when you do end up in a god group with 2 hasted charm pets with whatever other ideal setup you can imagine, youll be killing faster than you can get spawns into the camp for the most part

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Made one of those widish ones. I used to have a UI like this long ago. It sort of happened by accident so I made it work

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you're right, it just occurred to me they cannot clear any planar trash until Vox and Naggy are down. Might be their first time running on a TLP or something.

On the other hand those two can be downed pre-46. I believe they've been killed with raids around level 40 by people on this thread before.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Grouping

Healer: Cleric>Druid/Shaman

CC: Enchanter>Bard>Shaman

Tank: SK>Warrior>Paladin>Ranger

DPS: Mage/Monk>Wizard>Necro/Ranger>Druid/Rogue>The Rest

Ideal group for humans: Cleric/Enchanter/SK/Mage/Monk/(ANY OTHER CLASS)

For the any other class I'd definitely go with a port class. Since SK can snare, probably wizard.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ports are the most overrated ability in everquest. Just run places and hunker down without needing to ADHD every which way and you'll be 100% fine without them. If you box your own crew they are especially unnecessary since you aren't reliant on lfg requests that may draw you away.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Capture.JPG

"* Except where explicitly noted, these packs are only available once per account."

If you buy both, do you end up with 2x100wr 40 slots and 4x50wr 20 slots that you can use on one account? Or does it count as 2 packs of the same if one is part of the other?

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
View attachment 272073
"* Except where explicitly noted, these packs are only available once per account."

If you buy both, do you end up with 2x100wr 40 slots and 4x50wr 20 slots that you can use on one account? Or does it count as 2 packs of the same if one is part of the other?

sizea.png

One deal is the bag, which is lore and the other deal is the same lore bag plus a mess of other shit. If you want more than one of the 40 slot bags on the same account buy the one you want now and wait for the new deal to come out next week and buy that one. If you hate your wallet you can also preorder an expansion collector's edition for a third (I think).

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
View attachment 272073

No you get 1 40 slot bag. if you get the 35 dollar bundle you get that extra stuff in addition. but paying for both, you dont get the 2nd bag.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 272075

One deal is the bag, which is lore and the other deal is the same lore bag plus a mess of other shit. If you want more than one of the 40 slot bags on the same account buy the one you want now and wait for the new deal to come out next week and buy that one. If you hate your wallet you can also preorder an expansion collector's edition for a third (I think).

I plan on playing a monk on Aradune and not boxing unless I have to. So an extra bag for an alt is fine. Totally missed the lore tag, thanks. Was just trying to capitalize on bags for monk. Haven't played EQ for a decade, but I am assuming monks are still bound by the same weight rules.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No you get 1 40 slot bag. if you get the 35 dollar bundle you get that extra stuff in addition. but paying for both, you dont get the 2nd bag.

Why in the world do they not just allow you to buy as many bags as you want. If you want 8 40 slot bags for 20 each thats $160 pure profit. Tons of people would do that.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I heard there will be a "TLP bundle" to buy when the new server is available. Is this true?

• 1Like