Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not a two-box server though. It's a server where if you wish to box you must do it on an additional machine just like the previous true-box servers. This one has an additional restriction of limiting how much of that you can even do. It's not a lessening of restrictions, it's a tightening.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to work out if I have time to pick up a lappy before this server launches. It'll most likely be crickets on UK time so I guess I could finally try out playing a necro.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They keep the truebox as a first line of defense. Otherwise there's no chance they can stop people splitting camps. They won't get rid of it, I'd wager.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
They need to release the truebox requirement for Aradune. Keep it at 2, that's fine, let the community self-enforce it, since you'll have a GM sitting right there anyway, but fuck don't make me use extra hardware to do it. That sucks.

Why not just play on Rizlona then?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
FYI

Q: When will classes or races that were not available at launch be available on Progression Servers?

Not until the server progresses to the point at which the race, class, or combination was added.

• Iksar will launch with Kunark.
  • Gnome Shadowknights, Gnome Paladins, Halfling Rangers, and Halfling Paladins will launch with Luclin.
  • Beastlords and Vah Shir will launch with Luclin.
  • Frogloks will launch with Legacy of Ykesha.
  • Berserkers will launch with Gates of Discord.
  • Drakkin will launch with the Serpent's Spine.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm warming up to one of these servers. I'd probably burn out on Kunark again anyway. Spending 10 charming at juggs to get 60 broke me last time. Regime Regime where's the action at?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really seeing the appeal of this server, looks like a do-over of Mangler. Not really looking forward to doing the same stuff all over again. Currently feeling rather burned out on EQ and I haven't logged in in weeks so maybe it's just me.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there a guide somewhere to how people run a PC in a separate corner of their home and then can essentially alt tab into it from their main PC without having to set up its own monitor, keyboard, etc? I know people did that on Agnarr and if I could get something like that set up then I'd probably check out Aradune for a bit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why not just play on Rizlona then?
Because I want to have a sense of community. Keeping it to 2 boxes, means that every group, you are at minimum with 2 other people. On Rizlona? Or any other truebox server without limitations? Good luck getting a regular group. Everyone is just boxing their shit. This happened recently for me on Selo's. Got power leveled up to the 70, but when my friends weren't on to drop one of their boxes for me, there was shit all I could do. Sucked ass. That same thing is going to be on Rizlona, but way worse, because you don't need to truebox to do it.

Truebox or not Truebox is my issue, not the limit.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. May need to clean my poop socks out for this one... Who's gonna be leading the most poopsocking guild? Want my socks full to the max.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was leaning toward playing an enchanter for this because I never got in on the charm game but after

I'm def either going enc/cle or enc/dru.

Any way I can easily two-box with true-box rules without buying another PC? If not what PCs are people buying for this? Something like

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/NUC6CAYH-Quad-Core-Celeron-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B07QG3XGQJ

??

DickTrickle

I was leaning toward playing an enchanter for this because I never got in on the charm game but after

I'm def either going enc/cle or enc/dru.

Any way I can easily two-box with true-box rules without buying another PC? If not what PCs are people buying for this? Something like

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/NUC6CAYH-Quad-Core-Celeron-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B07QG3XGQJ

??

Dude, almost anything will be fine. I have eight year old laptops that I use to run boxes. It doesn't matter. That thing is overkill but if you really want to spend it...

Last edited:

DickTrickle

For a six box on Mangler, I rolled with Paladin/shaman/druid/bard/monk/mage.

Knowing what I know now, this would be my six box: SK, Enchanter, druid, cleric, monk, mage. I think having a bard box is very useful but I don't think it really shines until Luclin, to be honest. Plus they're super easy to PL, so can always make one later. I prefer druid over wizard for ports/evac because backup healing is useful and their dots are very good (as are their debuffs later on). If you want to take down high value targets (like hate minis, for example), you're going to need efficiency. Wizards kind of suck without FT and focus to elevate them. It was dumb not to have a cleric originally -- they're just too damn good at the primary job of healing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dude, almost anything will be fine. I have eight year old laptops that I use to run boxes. It doesn't matter. That thing is overkill but if you really want to spend it...
Sure, but I've got nothing I can use other than my main PC. I don't use laptops at home and always repurpose my existing hardware when I upgrade, so I'll have to spend something on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For a six box on Mangler, I rolled with Paladin/shaman/druid/bard/monk/mage.

Knowing what I know now, this would be my six box: SK, Enchanter, druid, cleric, monk, mage. I think having a bard box is very useful but I don't think it really shines until Luclin, to be honest. Plus they're super easy to PL, so can always make one later. I prefer druid over wizard for ports/evac because backup healing is useful and their dots are very good (as are their debuffs later on). If you want to take down high value targets (like hate minis, for example), you're going to need efficiency. Wizards kind of suck without FT and focus to elevate them. It was dumb not to have a cleric originally -- they're just too damn good at the primary job of healing.
How much do you think the six-boxers will try six-boxing on Aradune regardless of the threat of GM monitoring?