Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Also people keep saying they Rangers are pretty good. I know they can group tank in classic. How are they dps wise in kunark and velious?

As of Agnarr, the only things regularly beating my ranger in damage pre-Luclin on things Immo could land on was enchanter pets and our best geared monk in kunark+, but anything fire resistant hurt.

Can also tank group content up to the end of Velious, since your gear is incredibly close to what knights are using.

You'll get tlp groups/guilds that think TLP means 1999 era stats and skill caps, but the game has long moved past that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a fantastic group last night. Really probably an ordinary group, but I'm so used to terrible ones that it seemed amazing.

A dorf named Tonka started it and was organizing pickups and invises and doing all that leaderly stuff, then when we get started the poor thing crashes. We carried on in his honor and got the hell out of guk and went to solA gnomes.

EQ000834.jpg

XP was so good I popped a potion, which no doubt caused our ranger and cleric to crash. We carried on into the night however, replacing as people dropped off due to instability.
EQ000839.jpg

As the night wore on our enchanter became more and more wasted.
EQ000843.jpg

Our pick closed and we landed in main royals and they were open so we just kept on going.

And we saw people fighting nag, and one of you accused me of using luclin models! I was so offended.
EQ000857.jpg

Anyway, this storytime brought to you by 5 minute zone times. Did 31 to 38!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As of Agnarr, the only things regularly beating my ranger in damage pre-Luclin on things Immo could land on was enchanter pets and our best geared monk in kunark+, but anything fire resistant hurt.

Can also tank group content up to the end of Velious, since your gear is incredibly close to what knights are using.

You'll get tlp groups/guilds that think TLP means 1999 era stats and skill caps, but the game has long moved past that.

I never saw rangers come even close in the parses in classic.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never saw rangers come even close in the parses in classic.

Ya me either

Melee DPS
Classic - Monk
Kunark - Monk
Velious - Monk
Luclin - Monk (Although rangers with TS can beat them depending on the fight)
Planes of Power - Ranger (WIth TS only)
Other Expansions - Who cares

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I find that top of the parse hard to believe unless you were plowing through expensive crafted arrows. That's the only time I would see rangers near second best parse class pre-luclin.

But yeah, they're solid tanks for some time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crone Crone send Apathy a tell in game. I didn't see your usual name online. "Cucklord"

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I seem to never see when people invite me to a group. I'm going to try to change the "follow" button to a bright color or make it flash or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE needs to make sure they go to their client.ini in their EQ folder and set ALL CPU affinities to -1. Like every single person playing Everquest. Yes, you reading this who didn't know you were lagging.

There's also some stuff you can do with your task manager process details for Everquest with CPU affinity but these two changes alone will fix bad lag for 95% of players. Basically EQ only runs off one core by default. Fixing this allows you to use all your cores and makes running EQ a complete joke.

Doesn't WinEQ2 fix like basically every single thing with EQ?

Vedette

<Donor>
I find that top of the parse hard to believe unless you were plowing through expensive crafted arrows. That's the only time I would see rangers near second best parse class pre-luclin.

But yeah, they're solid tanks for some time.

My guild had a ranger on agnarr that was top 5, there was probably a few parses of top 2. I don't know how many rangers are actually playing the class correctly, and doting/quick nuking. From what I saw even once you hit luclin, half of them just bow, and still never setup gina triggers for dots/nukes.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My guild had a ranger on agnarr that was top 5, there was probably a few parses of top 2. I don't know how many rangers are actually playing the class correctly, and doting/quick nuking. From what I saw even once you hit luclin, half of them just bow, and still never setup gina triggers for dots/nukes.

Most people don't know how to play their class correctly.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You do more than afk auto attack as a melee?

When I led raids I found the biggest issue was people don't understand buff management. I'd /inspectbuffs and find people with all kinds of retarded shit wrong if they were a monk outside the top 10 on a parse especially.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Feeling lonely on Aradune, what's a good, large guild that doesn't expect everyone in the guild to raid but still has a raid force?

• 1Like