Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you have another PC or another IP address (ex: cell phone hot spot) you can try using to log into your account?
I have a laptop I use for two-boxing on TLP that works fine. I logged in and back out without issue. So it's something wrong with my desktop. I'm going to try to submit a ticket for all the good that will do.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This game runs like garbage in full screen for me but fine in windowed mode. Any idea why and how to correct it?

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game runs like garbage in full screen for me but fine in windowed mode. Any idea why and how to correct it?

EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE needs to make sure they go to their client.ini in their EQ folder and set ALL CPU affinities to -1. Like every single person playing Everquest. Yes, you reading this who didn't know you were lagging.

There's also some stuff you can do with your task manager process details for Everquest with CPU affinity but these two changes alone will fix bad lag for 95% of players. Basically EQ only runs off one core by default. Fixing this allows you to use all your cores and makes running EQ a complete joke.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watch
EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE needs to make sure they go to their client.ini in their EQ folder and set ALL CPU affinities to -1. Like every single person playing Everquest. Yes, you reading this who didn't know you were lagging.

There's also some stuff you can do with your task manager process details for Everquest with CPU affinity but these two changes alone will fix bad lag for 95% of players. Basically EQ only runs off one core by default. Fixing this allows you to use all your cores and makes running EQ a complete joke.
I’d ask how you were so smart but we already know by the baconator wrappers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's an EQ tradition from TLPs passed down from me going "WHY MY GAME RUN BAD" and some guildmate going "Oh yeah there's this mandatory thing every should do but no one tells you to do" and spreading the gospel after that.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Xevy Xevy how do we get into it asking for a friend.
Depends, it's not secret or anything. Pretty sure you just locate your EQ folder and it's in there amongst the 10,000 files. Just scroll down to the E's. If you play on Steam you'll have to do the Steam--Common--Apps---Everquest F2P or whatever.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Right click your eq icon, go to properties, open file location, search for eqclient in explorer.

sukik

Are you trying to log into the same account on 2 different machines? Cuz you can't do that.
No, one account, one machine. It gives a different error when you try to log in an account that's already in world.

I submitted a ticket. No response and I still can't log into Aradune several hours later.

sukik

I just tried again and I hit a two minute queue, which logged me in. A few days ago the queue would boot me every time. The behavior of their queue and anti cheat makes no sense.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just tried again and I hit a two minute queue, which logged me in. A few days ago the queue would boot me every time. The behavior of their queue and anti cheat makes no sense.

Queue not the issue now, the 5 min zone time starting at 4pm until 11pm is.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's been really stupid. Had 2 accounts suspended for unattended gameplay while i was literally actively playing eq. No GM tell, nothing, literally just 2 of my guys get disconnected and 7 day cruise.

• 1Worf

sukik

I just timed it with a stopwatch zoning from Commons to Nro. 2:30, not as bad as 5, but not great.

Last edited:

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been really stupid. Had 2 accounts suspended for unattended gameplay while i was literally actively playing eq. No GM tell, nothing, literally just 2 of my guys get disconnected and 7 day cruise.

That sucks, especially not knowing why or what triggered that so you don't do it again by accident. But remember the stupid people who wanted this. It will get far worse once the 1-50 grind slows for most and people go out looking for trouble.

sukik

That's shitty.

I think I'm done for awhile until I'm sure I can log in every night without that server denied message, or I get some reply from support. I don't want to invest any time if I'm not going to be able to log in because of their buggy anit-cheat software.

• 1Like