Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Feeling lonely on Aradune, what's a good, large guild that doesn't expect everyone in the guild to raid but still has a raid force?

Could talk to Atabishi about That's EQ Baby. Despite the batphoning, raids overfill so fast that sitting out isn't the crime it is in a lot of guilds. It's a relatively low-pressure environment overall if you aren't a core high-attendance raider. There's always stuff going on, raid-related or not.

When I led raids I found the biggest issue was people don't understand buff management. I'd /inspectbuffs and find people with all kinds of retarded shit wrong if they were a monk outside the top 10 on a parse especially.

This is a big one. Tabbing through people with my chanter I see casters without clarity and meleers without haste even as multiple buff calls have gone out from buffers. In later expansions, seeing Brells on rogues or monks is rough.

Any particular insight on buffs for melee characters that people might not know? With my zerker on Phinny, even after 3 years of the character I still feel like I'm not optimizing buffs as well as I could, or missing something. For example, for a long time I didn't know that chanter haste = +ATK and shaman haste doesn't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I really hate the tunnel trading system, and prices seem random and crazy.

Edit: nvm gonna hold out a bit, prices are stupid. I'll just tough it out old school for a bit, not like there is a massive amount of endgame content to rush to right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm starting to take this personally. Three days in a row. I played a little this morning without issue, and logged out normally for lunch and to get some exercise. Just got this trying to log in agian.
1591467587109.png

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could talk to Atabishi about That's EQ Baby. Despite the batphoning, raids overfill so fast that sitting out isn't the crime it is in a lot of guilds. It's a relatively low-pressure environment overall if you aren't a core high-attendance raider. There's always stuff going on, raid-related or not.

This is a big one. Tabbing through people with my chanter I see casters without clarity and meleers without haste even as multiple buff calls have gone out from buffers. In later expansions, seeing Brells on rogues or monks is rough.

Any particular insight on buffs for melee characters that people might not know? With my zerker on Phinny, even after 3 years of the character I still feel like I'm not optimizing buffs as well as I could, or missing something. For example, for a long time I didn't know that chanter haste = +ATK and shaman haste doesn't.
Thanks. That's EQ Baby requires level 40+ to apply, been avoiding Aradune while the queues were high so I'm still level 19. Won't take long to get to 40 though.

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just timed it, zoning takes 3 minutes and 10 seconds right now. Absolutely retarded.

If this doesn't get better quick I guess I'll add to the solution by letting my account lapse.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just timed it, zoning takes 3 minutes and 10 seconds right now. Absolutely retarded.

If this doesn't get better quick I guess I'll add to the solution by letting my account lapse.
Could be they're messing with stuff or increased the queue sizes, but I think this is the result of the population not hanging out AFK all the time. Now most players are active and the servers can't cut it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can anyone share there Gina trigger with me in game? I used to have a sweet one with Naga/vox etc on it.

Name is apathy.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Dear apathy

Gina triggers for me, but not for thee

Suffer slowly

Is this the way its got to be?

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dear apathy

Gina triggers for me, but not for thee

Suffer slowly

Is this the way its got to be?
Dear Flaw

Server laggy as fuck
Here comes Flaw again
Drunk as a skunk

Barfing on sofa

• 1Worf

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
When I led raids I found the biggest issue was people don't understand buff management. I'd /inspectbuffs and find people with all kinds of retarded shit wrong if they were a monk outside the top 10 on a parse especially.

"Can I get brells?"

YOU HIT THINGS WITH A WEAPON, CLICK THAT SHIT OFF AND TAKE TUNARE.

I had to yell at people for that back in the day (as a paladin) and I had to yell at people for that on Agnarr as a ranger.

I find that top of the parse hard to believe unless you were plowing through expensive crafted arrows. That's the only time I would see rangers near second best parse class pre-luclin.

I wasnt in the best guild (I was trying to prod the foh p99 guild through Agnarr by explaining very loudly how THIS IS NOT P99 PLEASE PAY ATTENTION THINGS HAVE CHANGED), but there were competent dps'ers. Rangers were just stupidly good with out of era 2handers and actually casting spells.

I was pleasantly surprised, I hadn't played a ranger anywhere but Test, but didnt want to play a paladin again, and wasnt sure wtf I'd be getting into on a TLP, but it felt like overpowered knight at early levels and being on the other end of bullet hell shooters once bow'ing was viable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hah

Hah naw was just poking fun at breaking Benjamin dear agony song

I don't have any Gina triggers to share btw sorry

It’s ok we used to have some baller ones that’s for sure.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
These zone times are way worse than having queues. Can hardly put a group together when it's a 30 min trip with the zone times.

If this is the price of raising the queue caps, put them back. Better to sit in queue and actually be able to play when you get in vs this.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks. That's EQ Baby requires level 40+ to apply, been avoiding Aradune while the queues were high so I'm still level 19. Won't take long to get to 40 though.

If you have friends in the guild that can vouch for you, you can apply under 40 just put their names in the app.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
While this game can be annoying at times, when you finally get in that epic group and farm the hell out of Lguk for 10 hours (and get 9 levels!) it's a ton of fun. Up until today I've been pretty casual, but got 40 finally :p

I need to learn research, but it looks like it will cost thousands of plat just to get it to a reasonable level (1-54 is from vendor stuff and easy)

• 2Like