Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
What a fucking joke of a fucking company. Having selos one 100% crashes you while zoning. Fucking worthless fucks

really??!!!

Yeah, a bard in my group mentioned if you have drums + selos and go too fast through the zone you're DCed. lol

this makes sense to me. not only do i experience disconnects, but last night i disconnected while zoning into commons and ended up under the world in commons when i got back in. some problem calculating position from velocity and lag when zoning???

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Velocity being too high while zoning disconnecting you is complete madness. I can't imagine what kind of cornholery code you need to do that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Never bothered with alcohol tolerance before, figured I'd skill it a bit while skilling up instrument skills.

Selos & eq drunk is not recommended for the unprepared. I wasn't aware it locked you to first person, fun times.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
really??!!!

this makes sense to me. not only do i experience disconnects, but last night i disconnected while zoning into commons and ended up under the world in commons when i got back in. some problem calculating position from velocity and lag when zoning???

Wonder if it has to do with that artifact where the person looks like they are running off into space after they zone. Maybe you run too far out. Or maybe it just triggers some kind of anti warp cheat detection. *shrug* Code's old yo.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's more likely the "zone out" line is only a certain width and if you hit it during a server tick you can completely bypass it. The whole area isn't a zone out, just the first few feet. I experienced this on Mangler at one of the LDoN camps in Lfay where if I did it at the wrong time I'd run passed the zone in and get caught behind it until I could wiggle onto the actual zone line. Kurn's Tower is also a good example of this.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
People keep saying that the slow loading times are because they removed the queue or increased the server population cap, but I have casually monitored server pop via General Chat populations since launch and it was much higher the first few days.

I know this is not a perfect system as some people leave gen chat but on day 2 or 3 we saw 4500 people in general chat and last night I only saw 2800.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This is awful. It's taking 10 minutes to zone. I didn't mind TOO much before, because once settled you were good to go. But the chat lag always hurts group comms, and just now I lagged to death. Literally. My spells weren't going off, and interupts wouldn't show for 10 seconds. I had to solo, because good luck /picking around to find a group when it takes that long to zone.

I think that'll do until they fix it. I made it to 40.5%!!!

...interesting thought on the dupe thing. Twenty years ago I found a dupe on live, the lag hint kind of makes sense. I had dozens of full charge rez sticks, a bunch of CoF, and those beads that summoned eye of zomm

:

1) Dual someone, have wizard in group
2) Juuust as you get the killing blow, time the in zone evac so it hits
3) Congrats on the full corpse, and all your gear still on you!

I assume the above is still fixed, and is posted just for historical purposes ;)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't dupe. Even if it sounds like easy Krono you better have multiple accounts and fucking three card monty that shit, because they can track items. So if your character goes from having 1 SSOY to 4 SSOY without parceling or trading they're gonna perma you.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
So the bard thing is even weirder. I was running through East Freeport with selos + drums, accepted a rez and went LD on zone.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a really slow comp back in ye olden tymes and zones slow. This is like reliving that a bit.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So the bard thing is even weirder. I was running through East Freeport with selos + drums, accepted a rez and went LD on zone.

yeah i've been testing it--i disconnect during zoning w/ or w/o drums, and I crash w/ or w/o selos active. If it is selos related, having used selos at any time can screw up your next attempt to zone--maybe the server is having trouble keeping track of player positioning? also, this is only during congested hours.

this disconnect has also returned me under the world once, and way beyond a zone line another time.

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's just weekly tributes guys. This week it's Vanguard theme. Next week they gather the GM's in Arena and inform them they are not economically feasible.

The Pantheon week is currently TBD, possibly when Torment of Velious unlocks on the Aradune TLP server.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play euro daytime and lagwise everything is mostly fine until the early evening (say 3am-2pm EST). Chat and group invites start having huge delay by then, zoning takes forever. Can't imagine how bad it gets in US primetime.

I was experimenting with graphics settings in the launcher options and crashed within minutes after I turned off texture compression and texture caching though, may want to try turning those on if you're crashing. Leave MIP mapping off, it causes glitches with LoD textures (faces having blurry low res textures etc).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Whats the point of using GINA vs Macroquest?

Gina is basically a third party program that just reads your log file and tells you what happened in an overlay. Macroquest automates gameplay, allows you to hax0r your character around the map, etc etc.

Think Deadly Boss Mods vs whatever the fuck WoW bot program people used. WoWbuddy or whatever.

• 1Like