Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This has been posted multiple times but nothing will come of this.....why in the fuck everytime I load EQ does it revert my FULLSCREEN settings. Everytime I play the god damn game it will pop up in windowed mode fucking up my settings even if I hit fullscreen?

Can anyone please for the love of Christ help me on this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
This has been posted multiple times but nothing will come of this.....why in the fuck everytime I load EQ does it revert my FULLSCREEN settings. Everytime I play the god damn game it will pop up in windowed mode fucking up my settings even if I hit fullscreen?

Can anyone please for the love of Christ help me on this?
game is telling you that even on truebox servers nobody plays in fullscreen. this aint 1999.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Your ui file is corrupt. delete it. Try playing in a window. I play with a window of 1400x1050, since EQ was written with a 4:3 ratio and it cuts the top and bottom of the image off to get 16:9. Set you window to 1920x1080, or whatever you want to use. A lot of wierd things can happen with a corrupted ui file.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Did they lower server cap? I swear people were saying they had 2-3hour queues around launch. Figured it would of dropped pretty hard now, what 2 weeks in?

Amazing what gamers will put up with while complaining the entire time. It's no wonder companies just don't care, ignore it or just give their little PR response(like that jchan letter).
I think they lowered it in a kneejerk reaction to whatever was going on.

I also agree on gamers putting up with this shit. I see people complaining about "wasting all night waiting on a queue" and I'm thinking, just go do something else for another week or something, or log on and play early like I am right now. It's one thing if you're "competing" and the game is so meta at this point that strugglign through queues is about as fun as fighting over efreeti on the fourth server, but for the random person, why struggle?

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I hope no one is sitting in front of their computer when they see a 200+m or even 15m queue. I queue and go do other activities

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Actually got in about 30 minutes faster last night than the pop up said (190 minutes). Took my enchanter from 22 to 27 in an Unrest FP group. Now to the basement.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Need you folks logged in to ramp up the /ex and alt-F4 pranks.

Thanks, appreciate it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just logged off, someone get those two slots quick!!!

85m qeueu at noon on Saturday, hahahahah. I think there is also like 1/3rd the server capacity as there was at release.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I just got in after a 4 hour queue and then I got on my wizard, walked like 3 minutes and the game crashed. It's 12:11am... 201m queue.

The fact that they can't figure out how to let people who crashed back in without queing up again is ridiculous. I crashed a few times day 1, switched to default UI and haven't crashed since.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
And that's the problem, not everyone is crashing, so some people wrongly believe that the other person has a bad computer or some such nonsense. Just a crappy client with bugs in it.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
There are settings you can change to lower the chance of crashing:

Options - Advanced - Memory Mode - Least memory usage
Stream Item Textures - Check
Terrain Texture Quality - Minimum

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well while I'm waiting in queue, is there a way to stop the lag when pointed west? Doesn't happen every single time, but it's as if west always has a giant pile of invisible players sitting afk. 3rd person view, and moving of course, I rarely play 1st

There is a line in eqclient: DisableWestBugFix=0

Setting that to 1 fix my problem? I don't care about any graphics glitches, apparently that's why it was patched in 10+ years ago.

When I led raids I found the biggest issue was people don't understand buff management. I'd /inspectbuffs and find people with all kinds of retarded shit wrong if they were a monk outside the top 10 on a parse especially.

buff classes = first responders. "pst c2/enlightenment/VoG/ ....." gotta stop. the nightmares.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turn on texture caching and texture compression in the launcher options, turning those off made me crash within minutes. Haven't crashed once otherwise.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well while I'm waiting in queue, is there a way to stop the lag when pointed west? Doesn't happen every single time, but it's as if west always has a giant pile of invisible players sitting afk. 3rd person view, and moving of course, I rarely play 1st

There is a line in eqclient: DisableWestBugFix=0

Setting that to 1 fix my problem? I don't care about any graphics glitches, apparently that's why it was patched in 10+ years ago.

That's kind of amazing that is an actual option. I would actually pay just to browse their code base.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
To give props where it's due, I gotta compliment the queue system in one way for being smart enough to let me queue up one on machine, then end up switching up to a new machine for that account and it holding my place in line from the original queue. :p

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, so what's the stay at character select strat? Do you auto clicker to select between two characters every couple of minutes or so?