Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
hopefully if I queue around 6 I'll be on by 830 after the kid's bedtime...

Hit 42, hope to get to at least 45 tonight.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why do you guys even log out? Computers these days can handle weeks of 24/7 login. Run an AHK script to type / every 30 or so seconds in a / in game hotkey and never log out, ever.

I don't even play aradune.

Download autohotkey, search it on Google
Right click on desktop, click create new autohotkey script

Type this next msg in the new empty file box:
Qtoggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

F8::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send 3
sleep 10000
}
return

Now go to file and hit save, make a new file on your desktop named whatever. Now right click this file on your desktop and click run

F8 turns it on/off(can change this too). Sometimes buggs out and must be restarted by right clicking the ahk script on desktop and clicking run again. By buggs out I mean f8 seems to stop turning it off and it keeps going until you re"run" the script to reset it

Send 3 can be changed to any #, but make a hotkey in game in the "3" spot to hit a hotkey that does "say /"

Sleep 10000 equals every 10 seconds it's going to send that hotkey. Can set it to 30000 for 30 seconds, 60000 for 60 seconds, etc then click save, right click file on desktop and click run to reset.

Log in, hit f8, afk for days while it does /w all and never logs you out, and is never doing some command that is obvious to anyone watching . Maybe relog when you're around the comp in case there is any duration logged in type check that might toss a red flag

"why is this que taking so long damnit"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All these years, people have been asking and wanting EQ re-made in a modern engine with modern graphics. The various EQ owners and studios have laughed it off, saying "you think you want it, but you really don't."

Then you have branching studios that go on to things like EQ2, Vanguard, Green Monster Games, Visionary Realms, etc. You have failed projects like EQ3, EQ Next, EQ Super Secret never announced. All them them trying to recapture the EQ1 magic and all of them failing or falling short.

Reluctantly the EQ owners, put development time into TLPs... and what do you know, they are massive successes. They keep bringing people back time, after time, after time. They milk people for a few months, get them to buy EXP pots, bags, and keep the game afloat. Fast forward to today, 21 years later and there is still good demand for EQ, but with the massive headaches of old technology and trying to make ancient code actually function.

What if they could just go back 10 years, and actually put development time and resources into EQ Remastered? Same game, new tech, no bullshit server issues or zombie code that rises to cause performance issues and queues? Find out what your customers want, bite the bullet and give it to them in the best way you can.

These band-aid fixes, half measures, repeatedly poor experience for your customers are a testament to bad and greedy business decisions.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Darkpaw studios are a bunch of nebs. They should have redone the source code in microservicre-architecture deployed on the cloud for optimal horizontal scaling.

Rookies running they own servers

Sterling

El Presidente
I think it's pretty telling of their financial situation that upgrading the server doesn't seem to be an option.
They actually switched server farms somewhat recently. They don't say it, but presumably it was to save money so It's pretty safe to assume they went the other way.

• 1Truth!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All these years, people have been asking and wanting EQ re-made in a modern engine with modern graphics. The various EQ owners and studios have laughed it off, saying "you think you want it, but you really don't."

Then you have branching studios that go on to things like EQ2, Vanguard, Green Monster Games, Visionary Realms, etc. You have failed projects like EQ3, EQ Next, EQ Super Secret never announced. All them them trying to recapture the EQ1 magic and all of them failing or falling short.

Reluctantly the EQ owners, put development time into TLPs... and what do you know, they are massive successes. They keep bringing people back time, after time, after time. They milk people for a few months, get them to buy EXP pots, bags, and keep the game afloat. Fast forward to today, 21 years later and there is still good demand for EQ, but with the massive headaches of old technology and trying to make ancient code actually function.

What if they could just go back 10 years, and actually put development time and resources into EQ Remastered? Same game, new tech, no bullshit server issues or zombie code that rises to cause performance issues and queues? Find out what your customers want, bite the bullet and give it to them in the best way you can.

These band-aid fixes, half measures, repeatedly poor experience for your customers are a testament to bad and greedy business decisions.
4000 people piling into a server isn't really evidence that EQ1 remastered would be successful.

I do think me and a few other solid devs + artists could remake an impressive EQ1 in unreal and be compatible with p99 servers though. I'd rather make robots.

Vedette

<Donor>
4000 people piling into a server isn't really evidence that EQ1 remastered would be successful.

I do think me and a few other solid devs + artists could remake an impressive EQ1 in unreal and be compatible with p99 servers though. I'd rather make robots.

I would take an api, for quality of life changes. Fuck pretty graphics, I just want to stop having to parse my logs.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
fuck these incompetent American Inventors. 2.5 hours in the queue..."An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i dont see how hardware is a problem, its most likely configuration of the environment. it costs like $10k or less for a blade that would be like 128gb of ram and 24 i7's... they are probably trying to split zones across containers/servers and/or do some dumb fancy shit like autoscaling across nodes and its probably failing hardcore.

i mean peq runs the db, world, and all zones on 1 container in a VM and there's never been lag with 1500 people

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Our healer crashed, says there a 3 hour queue. Oh well, I hit 36 on bard, don't know why I never rolled one back in the day, fun as hell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i dont see how hardware is a problem, its most likely configuration of the environment. it costs like $10k or less for a blade that would be like 128gb of ram and 24 i7's... they are probably trying to split zones across containers/servers and/or do some dumb fancy shit like autoscaling across nodes and its probably failing hardcore.

i mean peq runs the db, world, and all zones on 1 container in a VM and there's never been lag with 1500 people
That's my feeling too. This is a configuration / code issue that can't easily be solved by hardware.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If you camp to character select screen does aradune kick you out after a while? Most other servers I just leave my dudes at char select 24/7 for quick logins when I get time here and there

Maybe if you camp to character screen, but, erm, if you say...accidentally forget you put yourself in Q and go to sleep, you'll see yourself at char select 12 hours later lol

• 1Like