Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I don’t understand what’s wrong with me. No time to really go crazy with this at this time but there’s still the urge to try again and play. It’s like battered wife syndrome, I suspect. Just something about this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seeing this reminds me that I'll have to deal with the Advanced Loot windows again. For some reason I prefer the p99 classic one.

How much faster will the exp be compared to p99?
What's you have things set the advanced loot window makes things so much easier imo. It's a great quality of life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seeing this reminds me that I'll have to deal with the Advanced Loot windows again. For some reason I prefer the p99 classic one.

You prefer something thats more tedious?

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sabbat Sabbat You've inspired me to tweak my UI for the upcoming Aradune launch.

You can see my UI in action in my vids, here's a recent one:

In this the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml for my war/ber are all modded to basically just be hp+sta (and icons for combat status + parcel stuff + group roles), and using my redbackground behind the green health bar. In that vid the shaman's player window is unmodified Sparxx. I always wanted to do something similar for my casters but never got around to it.

I did something similar for my casters and boosted the size of the pet gauge in it to high hell based on how people are talking about giving charmed pets gear (which will poof if you fuck up and let your pet die to a mob).

I also changed the ETW HP bars to green and set ETW slots 5+ to have red backgrounds.

View attachment 270721

I find that when boxing or really, just playing this crazy game, it's easy to lose focus of critical things like HP levels of your boxes/pets, so having all the important HP gauges be green with bright red backgrounds makes any damage they take really jump out at you. I also find most of the extraneous stuff in player/group windows to be kind of useless, so I get rid of it and just make bars massive. I like feeling that emotional alarm the second a mob hits my box and his shit starts going red.

You practicing your skills for aradune? Cleric enchanter?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

You mean the insanely superior in every way imaginable loot system?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You practicing your skills for aradune? Cleric enchanter?
I'd like to think I'm getting it all set up so I can hit the ground running and build a better setup than I would if I had to choose between grinding and tweaking GINA bullshit, but the truth is I want to play some TLP and this is the closest thing.

I've spent the last half hour looking at deepfake voice generators that I want to use to make GINA trigger wav files. I can't decide if I want to build a bunch from Lyrebird: Ultra-realistic voice cloning and text to speech | Descript or just see if I can pay a voice actress and actor like $10 to belch out a bunch of GINA triggers that tell me that charm broke, among other things. I can't decide what accent I'd want for dark elves.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
... or just see if I can pay a voice actress and actor like $10 to belch out a bunch of GINA triggers that tell me that charm broke, among other things.

Let me know if you want a rough as fuck sounding aussie saying "oi, cunt, mez is fucked"

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of the best decisions I made when trying out a 4x mage + enc + dru box team was setting up sweet explosion sounds for big hits and alliance fulminations (for those not on live, you cast a debuff on a mob and if a few other people of the same class cast their standard spell a couple times it completes the spell and blows up the mob).

If I could set up GINA to differentiate between intentional and unintentional charm/mez breaks it'd be worth an 'oi cunt, charm is fucked' trigger

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So here's a vid I just took of me putting the finishing touches on my Aradune prep. It's not perfect but it's as good as I need it to be.

• This is my first TLP, the first time I did any real low-level stuff without being buffed/geared to high hell in twenty years and the first time really playing a charming enchanter.
  • A lot of this stuff is probably obvious to TLP pros, so just bear with me.
  • I'm pretty excited about it but I'm not very good at it yet, a lot of the keybinds I hit in the vid are wrong because I haven't built that muscle memory yet.
  • I bought an Dell Latitude E7270 for my second box http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=604487&CatId=4935
  • I'm running with Multiplicity. I'm not sure if it's that much better than VNC / remote desktop / moonlight / steam etc but it works pretty well, very low latency or compression artifacts. I can't say whether it's worth the $50 without trying alternatives.
  • I tried to put as much of what's going on as possible in the center of the screen.
    • I find it's a lot easier to keep track of what's going on with the massive green healthbars with bright red backgrounds that are loud visual alerts for when my characters and their pets are taking damage. I'm especially interested in my pet's health after hearing that a TLP charming enchanter will give valuable gear to their pet and lose it if they die to an NPC.
    • If anyone wants my modified Sparxx UI, here it is:
      Code:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/16MYEo3SWrqoyARJSWL5D_Vc2dAl8e_WT/view?usp=sharing
    • I put up GINA bars for common debuffs I'm interested in including root, mez, charm, slow, snare. I'm not sure what is useful or will become useful yet.
    • I also have GINA bars for clarity/haste.
  • The cleric box is controlled using a Logitech G13 keypad connected to my laptop. I find this to be inferior to using inner space boxer on live but with one character and the low APM of early EQ it's not that big of a deal. The major actions include:
    • Common stuff like sit/follow/heal/DD/buffs
    • Stun/Root binds
    • A social macro that will set up my ETW to set slots 7/8 to my enchanter and their pet, which I use to target my pet especially

8RYlDyb.jpg

Any recommendations are welcome, I'm pretty much going into this just from spending a couple days setting this up and reading these TLP guides:
Code:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tips-for-charm.241252/page-3#post-3548792
https://www.reddit.com/r/Agnarr/comments/6bkfj5/enchanter_charm_pet_list_for_classic_only
http://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide

Last edited:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Forgot i had one of these bad boys, just dug it out.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

Used it all through Guild Wars 2, never quite got used to it though, the joystick on it just wasn't good enough. Binding keys to my G600 mouse that get shared to the other box would be a much more seamless option.
Heh, I had the exact same thing and I used it for GW2 but I too never got used to it and probably used it a lot less.

Programmable mouse is also a pretty solid option. I find it's easier to have the number pad in front of me and having the big key to hit versus putting my hand in the mouse position and hitting one of those keys. That may not be as big a issue with only boxing one person though.

For those of you with G13s I highly recommend a thumbstick replacement, makes it so much more functional. If you have old xbox or ps3 controllers laying around not being used you can drop one of those in with some minor modification.

I used a PS3 thumbstick and can move chars with my thumb, mapped wasd to the 4 directions on the stick, changed a and s to strafe left and right in game and it works brilliantly.

The guide I follwed doesn't seem to be around anymore but this link might help.

• 1Mother of God

Crone

For those of you with G13s I highly recommend a thumbstick replacement, makes it so much more functional. If you have old xbox or ps3 controllers laying around not being used you can drop one of those in with some minor modification.

I used a PS3 thumbstick and can move chars with my thumb, mapped wasd to the 4 directions on the stick, changed a and s to strafe left and right in game and it works brilliantly.

Pleb noobs, upgrade to the Razer Orb Weaver!

715xMrB1x7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Pleb noobs, upgrade to the Razer Orb Weaver!
I wish the Razer monopoly on these things wasn't so strong. I've been using these pads since like 2006 and Razer products only last like 2 years. My Belkin lasted 8-10 at least.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
My G13 is probably about 10 years old, still going strong, although there have been periods where it just sat in a drawer, these newfangled ones look nice and all but I don't see any need to upgrade.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Interesting. I always thought the thumbstick on g13 really held it back from being able to pair with a mouse and give the perfect output for some games like dark souls.

Crone

I've got both. I got the G13, then found out about the Orb Weaver, and got one of those as well. The Orb Weaver has mechanical keys, and I feel the joystick is better, and the hand rest is moveable. So it's a minor upgrade, but whatever.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On launch day a few hours before servers are scheduled to go live I'm probably going to drop a dump of small techniques and exploits you can use to help you during the grind on these servers. I'll also include a list of the new ZEMs and some mob HP parses for you guys. Dropping it the day of to avoid any last minute "fixes".

• 7Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 10 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On launch day a few hours before servers are scheduled to go live I'm probably going to drop a dump of small techniques and exploits you can use to help you during the grind on these servers. I'll also include a list of the new ZEMs and some mob HP parses for you guys. Dropping it the day of to avoid any last minute "fixes".

Much appreciated. My thoughts generally was to stay out of dungeons to avoid train deaths as long as possible. Feerot swamp Sro until 20 then not sure.