Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah if Aradune turns out to be a bot-infested shit hole I'll really regret deciding to play on Aradune, which includes buying an laptop just to truebox.

I'm optimistic though, on the basis that if that a single GM just randomly porting around testing people is really enough to put a huge dent on the profitability of bots.

Unless you are planning to farm items for RMT then bots wont be an issue for you on any server.

Sterling

El Presidente
They alter it slightly and only people who rmt or plan to rmt care about it.
Or the people that just want to camp their own shit. I do think some people definitely overblow how bad it is, but it's still not insignificant.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much my experience as a druid main on Mangler. Loads of them around early on but most turn into port bots by the end of classic. I did many full raids where I was the only druid in the raid.

LFG situation can be kind of painful because you're really good in small groups but the current meta is all about a full groups with a charm pet, and you're just never going to be first choice for those because anything you can do, a cleric or wizard will do better. 9 out of 10 groups you do get will expect you to main heal so you're left wondering why you didn't roll a cleric with the proper tools for it in the first place. Not once was I invited to an AOE group.

On the upside, you're a decent soloer so at least you'll have something to do while LFG. You can pull off some pretty nice stunts outdoors because you're really good at getting shit under control as long as you can kite. Port money is pretty good until PoP comes out. Epic isn't particularly hard to do although the actual item is little more than a stat stick.
How would you compare them to rangers?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I am worried about the opposite. Imagine if a CSR makes biased decisions on Aradune favoring one guild, enforces rules selectively, etc.
People say servers like P99 are horrible for GM corruption. I don't entirely trust a CSR they hired in San Diego for min wage to effectively do their job on Aradune. Generally when money is involved in games, you end up with lazy 9-to-5'ers who work for a paycheck and put in minimal effort for maximum gains. It's very rare you find someone actually dedicated to the job, and often nepotism results in others advancing regardless of performance. Can't blame them if they're effectively a janitor, though, in this case.

I still believe that EQ needs to be policed without human intervention but to do that you'd have to fundamentally alter how the game works mechanically.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
How would you compare them to rangers?

You would compare Rangers to Druids the same way you would compare Paladins to Clerics or Shadowknights to Necromancers.

All are melee focused hybrids of warrior and the parent caster/priest class.

In the case of Rangers I think they are a fun versatile and undervalued class. They can tank group content quite well until at least PoP, but aren't going to be used as a raid tank apart from those 15-20 seconds of glory where you weaponshield to give time to position the mob and get CH rot set before a real tank takes it off you.

In classic and kunark they are pretty shit dps wise, in velious they get their atk buffs which help to make monks shine and their archery dps is respectable but will cost you money as endless quiver is not yet available.

Luclin and PoP will be your moment in the sun when you get AM3 and EQ aa's, archery self buffs and suddenly Trueshot discipline (velious) becomes the iwintheparse button every hour or so.

All through the game however the combo of harmony, roots and snares, makes you a pretty good puller as long as you know how to play, and your DPS while not being top tier again is always adequate.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You would compare Rangers to Druids the same way you would compare Paladins to Clerics or Shadowknights to Necromancers.

All are melee focused hybrids of warrior and the parent caster/priest class.

In the case of Rangers I think they are a fun versatile and undervalued class. They can tank group content quite well until at least PoP, but aren't going to be used as a raid tank apart from those 15-20 seconds of glory where you weaponshield to give time to position the mob and get CH rot set before a real tank takes it off you.

In classic and kunark they are pretty shit dps wise, in velious they get their atk buffs which help to make monks shine and their archery dps is respectable but will cost you money as endless quiver is not yet available.

Luclin and PoP will be your moment in the sun when you get AM3 and EQ aa's, archery self buffs and suddenly Trueshot discipline (velious) becomes the iwintheparse button every hour or so.

All through the game however the combo of harmony, roots and snares, makes you a pretty good puller as long as you know how to play, and your DPS while not being top tier again is always adequate.
That all sounds like a much better position to be in than what a Druid is in? Those are the 2 classes I was debating about playing.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They can tank group content quite well until at least PoP

I think you're being very kind saying Gar's can tank, they are a chain class after all. I mean, most melee can tank but the healer will haemorrhage their mana pool keeping them up.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am worried about the opposite. Imagine if a CSR makes biased decisions on Aradune favoring one guild, enforces rules selectively, etc.
People say servers like P99 are horrible for GM corruption. I don't entirely trust a CSR they hired in San Diego for min wage to effectively do their job on Aradune. Generally when money is involved in games, you end up with lazy 9-to-5'ers who work for a paycheck and put in minimal effort for maximum gains. It's very rare you find someone actually dedicated to the job, and often nepotism results in others advancing regardless of performance. Can't blame them if they're effectively a janitor, though, in this case.

I still believe that EQ needs to be policed without human intervention but to do that you'd have to fundamentally alter how the game works mechanically.

Well one things for certain, regardless of the ineptitude of the min wage CSRs on these servers, it will never be as corrupt as p99

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm still so torn about what to play. CLR/ENC for full apotheosis, CLR/NEC for more relaxed casual support when the cleric is not grouped, or go with SHM after all, as they have more involved gameplay.

Point in favor of cleric is that if I find a decent raid guild with a schedule that I can work with, the chances that they're recruiting my class are pretty high.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still so torn about what to play. CLR/ENC for full apotheosis, CLR/NEC for more relaxed casual support when the cleric is not grouped, or go with SHM after all, as they have more involved gameplay.

Point in favor of cleric is that if I find a decent raid guild with a schedule that I can work with, the chances that they're recruiting my class are pretty high.

You can really exploit the FDing when your charm pet is low hp, keep the shm out of agro range, and let the pet regen 20% a tick while it has no agro mechanic, recharm with necro a lot easier than enchanter w/ a non cleric so in my experience you wont have as many issues with running oom from healing. For example I could do the entire hamlord wing (or frenzy or king) as nec/shm. In kunark I could keep kennel clear and pop CoD was np. Everyone likes a raid shm and no one likes to play them as well.

After doing shm/nec and enc/clr the last 2 TLPs, Id go enc/clr again. Especially on a fresh TLP. There are just so many more options avail to allow you to stay ahead of the curve and can pretty much solo anything that would normally take a full group to do. Start building that krono early

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless you are planning to farm items for RMT then bots wont be an issue for you on any server.

Welcome back to the thread after being humiliated earlier for claiming gms are bad then being proven a cheater. Now I see you want to claim bots don't hurt servers or economies that badly? Fuck off, nobody takes you seriously.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welcome back to the thread after being humiliated earlier for claiming gms are bad then being proven a cheater. Now I see you want to claim bots don't hurt servers or economies that badly? Fuck off, nobody takes you seriously.

What he do? My pitchfork is ready.

torches.jpg

• 1Like