Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also you can only do bosses (except OW spawns) with 72 people. Think most "CLASSIC EQ" raiders did that shit with 100+. Not no mo'.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
TLP raids are far harder than P99 raids, that's for sure. Classic TLP raid buffs:

1. Mobs have 4x the HP of original classic. This is closer to Velious mob HP than it is to original classic.
2. They mitigate 60% of all incoming damage (This is calculated after AC etc).
3. Being within like 200 range of them reduces all your resists by 40 points. It's like having a negative bard song going.
4. They do double damage, so Nagafen is hitting for 600 damage. Plane of Sky mobs are pushing like 1200-1500 damage, VP dragons are similar.
5. The more pets attacking the mob the less damage the pets do and more damage they take (assuming they take any damage since most people use an unfixed geometry exploit).
6. All pets xfer aggro to their owners, raid mobs will not attack pets other than w/ riposte and AE's.

The buffs that cause this are called Mitigation of the Mighty, Mark of the Old Ways and Presence of the Mighty, they're on all raid targets from classic - pop with the strength dialed back a bit in Velious and beyond.

After playing on TLP's for a decade I tried P99 Green/Teal, I did the server first dragon raids there and I was amazed at how braindead and easy it was. Nevermind the buffs TLP mobs have, but clickies, manastones etc further trivialize already easy content.

I like AoC's because they keep a server alive but produce raid content at 1/7th the rate (roughly) of OW, meaning it still pays to be a winner, and there is reason to do classic EQ shit.

I really dislike pickzones. Pickzones aren't really what people imagine when they think instancing, it doesn't feel instanced since you still have 60 people in Lguk, it's never a private dungeon experience, it just keeps the zones always close to their maximum classic occupancy.

The bad thing with pickzones is that it turns Classic EQ into GukQuest and UnrestQuest. Before pickzones there was a good reason to explore the rest of the world. Now you never see people in 90% of the classic zones and I think that's a shame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
No see, the goal is to be one of the people at the top, to be one of the people others are waiting on to eat their gluttonous fill. YOU WILL DRINK OF NOUGHT BUT SAND AND EAT OF NOUGHT BUT ASH UNTIL I ALLOW OTHERWISE. Monopolize so much content for so long that everyone else just gives up and you win be default.

Classic as fuck

42ny9k.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
24 was the limit in ye olden days. Any more than that and you'd flood out people's modems. They eventually added the commands to have the server send less spam but I kind of think that was in kunark maybe?

I remember having 30ish for VP so I guess we bumped it up a little.

• 1Seriously?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The bad thing with pickzones is that it turns Classic EQ into GukQuest and UnrestQuest. Before pickzones there was a good reason to explore the rest of the world. Now you never see people in 90% of the classic zones and I think that's a shame.
What do you think a TLP would be like without pick zones?

Have they ever talked about limiting the # of pick zones based on the current population (meta pick zones, lol) such that if there were 500 level 50s online they would open 3 guks, but if there were only 100 level 50s online they'd open one?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cool idea but I don't think it's ever come up. IMO a better solution is just never start prior to kunark and accept that vanilla leveling progression with everyone starting on the same day is hot garbage.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question: I have accounts with over 7000 daybreak cash, there is no way to buy packs and shit on Aradune with that right? The only thing I can p2w on is the bullshit that costs $$$?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool idea but I don't think it's ever come up. IMO a better solution is just never start prior to kunark and accept that vanilla leveling progression with everyone starting on the same day is hot garbage.
A week after Kunark releases does the game go from being GukQuest to being SebQuest?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dumb question: I have accounts with over 7000 daybreak cash, there is no way to buy packs and shit on Aradune with that right? The only thing I can p2w on is the bullshit that costs $$$?

The two different bundles with their 40 slot bags are bought with dollars but when Aradune launches and you're playing there you can buy the full suite of four hour pots and services.

edit -

A week after Kunark releases does the game go from being GukQuest to being SebQuest?

It's not quite as extreme but yes

• 1Like

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider

buy group exp pots, sell clicks for plat/krono, sell krono for cash, use cash to buy bundles.

its the circle of life

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The two different bundles with their 40 slot bags are bought with dollars but when Aradune launches and you're playing there you can buy the full suite of four hour pots and services.
Not sure what you mean by full suite there. When Aradune launches what in the below list will be available for Daybreak cash?
1590344232342.png

I'm tryna decide whether I want to use accounts with huge amounts of DB cash or the ones with less DB cash so I can build some up with the 500 monthly DB cash I'll get on those accounts.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bro do you really think for one second this company is gonna let you use DB coins to buy those packs over cold hard cash?

They do the same shit in EQ2. Cash for all the hot items.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What do you think a TLP would be like without pick zones?

Have they ever talked about limiting the # of pick zones based on the current population (meta pick zones, lol) such that if there were 500 level 50s online they would open 3 guks, but if there were only 100 level 50s online they'd open one?

The first few TLPs we didn't have pickzones and it was fine. The big issue was newbie zone content because you have thousands of players packing into like 5 zones all at once. They did picks just for those at first (North Qeynos, WFP, Nektulous etc) and it worked very well. Slippery slope happened though and they added them universally.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure what you mean by full suite there. When Aradune launches what in the below list will be available for Daybreak cash?
View attachment 272458

I'm tryna decide whether I want to use accounts with huge amounts of DB cash or the ones with less DB cash so I can build some up with the 500 monthly DB cash I'll get on those accounts.
You won't be able to use the daybreak cash for bags, those open up later. you can use all that cash to buy xp and other potions and stuff though. also the 500 monthly db cash can be 3 25 percent xp pots or sometimes heritage crates at a reduced cost.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The twenty dollar bag comes with I think two exp pots as well. Claiming another three with your sub instead of the 500 Daybreak cash is twenty hours of bonus exp for the launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bro do you really think for one second this company is gonna let you use DB coins to buy those packs over cold hard cash?

They do the same shit in EQ2. Cash for all the hot items.
Like I said, dumb question! Thanks guys.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

51-60 in only kunark is still nowhere near as awful as 30-50 in classic. Seb really only supports 2 groups with decent spots for the latter 50s but it tends to get enough traffic of early 50s to spawn picks. Chardok can support a LOT of groups, and massive multi-charming or out of group mage pet ones at that. Most of chardok and shrooms+ seb are better late 50s than guk is for late 40s; classic really only has freeti (which is its own strain of aids) and oot goblins as "good" xp spots at the end of the spectrum. Kunark gives a massive quantity of 50- spots that let people spread out and not face the same options of either shitloot+boring oot goblins or RMT honeyhole freeti, or shit xp.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just bought a bunch of fucking bags I probably will never use lmao

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users