Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am pretty sure bobby isn't. People are just itchy to report. Doesn't help that when I looked last night all the group members had names that started with R. Which makes people think it was a box group.

But honestly I have no clue how they are going to enforce it besides the super obvious idiots that try to get away with all casting/sitting etc at once. People are just going to claim its a wife, kid, roomate etc. You can already see it on forums "It's just my son with his 2 characters following me".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First thing I'd do every shift if I was the Karen GM is to delete all the boxing/botting reports without looking at them. A GM just needs to port around to all the high-value spots and hit people, there are so few spots to police and so few players that it's just not that hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
But honestly I have no clue how they are going to enforce it besides the super obvious idiots that try to get away with all casting/sitting etc at once. People are just going to claim its a wife, kid, roomate etc. You can already see it on forums "It's just my son with his 2 characters following me".

My gf (actually me i guess) got shit all the time for being a box because she was a brand new to the game when we did corinav tlp and shes not a gamer in general. She prob woulda failed 75% of any "test" anyone woulda given her despite the fact she raided with 60% RA from classic through PoP.

• 1Seriously?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The key for this shit is don't log out once you get on. Apparently they are up for 5 or more general chats which means server is past 2k people. Something they might do next time is just launch multiple servers and merge them at Kunark. OR MAYBE UPDATE THEIR FUCKING TECH TO THE YEAR @)@). Fuckin bullshit...

Launching multiple servers and merging them at Kunark is absolutely brilliant. Maybe Velious if there are still a lot of new characters being created at Kunark launch. The main issue I'd see with that is name overlap.

Enchanter question if anyone knows the answer: If you give a 2H weapon to a charm pet, do they dual wield? I would think not, except the single 1H = dual wield makes me wonder. Wouldn't be surprised if a 2H weapon actually nerfs their DPS because of delay.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
The best thing to do if you want to play on a new tlp is to go buy a bunch of weed and then smoke it launch day. Get super high to where you don’t care. Make sure you have plenty of snacks and be sure to nap often. Then after you wake up on day 3 from your hibernation you are ready to play. Don’t worry you won’t miss much by then.

• 1Solidarity

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey I got in. Regime is my Monk and Apathy my cleric. I am not two boxxing for a bit so just playing cleric. I am on Aradune.

Big Regime copying my meta. Jackie Chan is my monk and Medicman is the cleric.

Zaide Zaide - Spill the monk strats. Already feeling legendary with my Throw Stone ability and White Training Sash.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
3 levels in north ro this morning knocked me out zzzzz

Old oasis is even worse though with those ocean wave sounds

Now I'm back in the queue

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
The best thing to do if you want to play on a new tlp is to go buy a bunch of weed and then smoke it launch day. Get super high to where you don’t care. Make sure you have plenty of snacks and be sure to nap often. Then after you wake up on day 3 from your hibernation you are ready to play. Don’t worry you won’t miss much by then.
Fuck yea, been training for this my whole life.

What's a TLP anyway?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Low levels are godawful on TLP, blues give shit xp and finding white cons can be hard at times. Yellows beat your unarmored head in. I joined an orc group at level 5 and it got a lot better, it's not as boring and xp moves a lot quicker.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Group immediately even if it seems dumb to do it a level one or two. The exp difference is substantial.

pratexps.png

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah while I was home at lunch (noon EST) I checked Aradune and wait was 95 minutes - logged in to Rizlona instantly and made a few characters, but Aradune is where I’ll probably play.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Thanks! Sadly right after I posted that my machine crashed hard. I fired eq back up really fast and it gave me the usual "You h ave a character already logged in would you like to remove it" box, and after it removed the character it stuck me back in the queue. Thanks.

Says 141 minutes.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't watching the queue for 15 minutes and I came back to a timeout, and the other machine logged in. Back in line for 140 more minutes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasn't watching the queue for 15 minutes and I came back to a timeout, and the other machine logged in. Back in line for 140 more minutes.

You don't get to wear this shirt anymore. It's only reserved for us lvl 6+

1590701720791.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users