Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I started a new character with the following self imposed rules:

Permadeath: any death not due to intentional training or griefing retires the character.
Solo: No grouping 1-50.
Self-Found: All items acquired must be camped, crafted or quested by me alone. Any vendor items purchased must be default vendor stock. I cannot trade with other players.
Buff Avoidance: I don’t accept buffs from any other players whenever possible. If someone runs by and buffs me I add the buff to my blocked buffs list.

Class is Paladin, currently level 6.

The solo self-found ruleset was created by an EQ streamer Echolocation8 and is surprisingly fun.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Crashed to desktop while zoning and into a queue. Guess I am done for the day!

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Really liking the SK. Need to find a leveling path for solo grinding when im working. Did make it to level 4 though.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider

Permadeath: any death not due to intentional training or griefing retires the character.
Self-Found: All items acquired must be camped, crafted or quested by me alone. Any vendor items purchased must be default vendor stock. I cannot trade with other players.
Buff Avoidance: I don’t accept buffs from any other players whenever possible. If someone runs by and buffs me I add the buff to my blocked buffs list.

The solo self-found ruleset was created by an EQ streamer Echolocation8 and is surprisingly fun.

My character is a level 14 Paladin. You're in for a painful grind.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That sounds absolutely miserable

• 2Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ouch someone was selling a cleric on mangler for 600. Don't get me wrong back in early 2000's i cleared about 20k one summer that i took off work during college to focus on lifting for the football season just doing PL'ing and selling gear but damn 21 year old game still holds it value....

Did clerics have a self damage shield that didn't count against damage to mob so they could tank and lower hp and then just have other toon last hit?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Almost there... The krono prices on this server are fucking retarded. Everything is a krono or 5.

48.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much krono have you spent?
I havent bought any, if thats what you're asking.
I sold a Runed falchion for a krono and just sold imbued granite spaulders for 2 krono.
Elemental binders going for 5 krono is absolutely stupid, no matter how you look at it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This is a really cool idea. A Paladin should be really fun for survivability. Not having FD to fall back on is going to get pretty intense, I would think.

I've done some "challenge runs" of the original Final Fantasy with groups of four White Mages or four Thieves or whatnot to see how far I could get through the main quest. It's always interesting to push the boundaries of a game like this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Would he interesting to do a group of people doing permadeath/self found.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine paying someone $45 (3 months of gametime) for an item that is going to be replaced when Kunark hits