Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That might work but I have my main chat window set to always-chat-here. Was hoping for something like /clear that takes an argument for a tab but not sure how it would be identified. Maybe it does take an arg I will try :D Wanted something I could bind to a button
not to my knowledge

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Never crashed on a TLP before, been using the same computers since agnarr. For some reason I crash after being in the world for 5 mins in EC on a level 1 monk.

Edit: after a few tries basically i get super lag then the game freezes and closes.. looks like I dont get to play lol

Try turning off some graphics settings in advanced and no sky etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I crashed 3-4 times back when Qs were a thing. I switched to the default UI and haven't crashed since.

I almost want the que back. If your group wipes after 7pm, just log off man, they aren't zoning back in even with a resser lol.

The chargeback thought crossed my mind too, but I play too much PS2 on the side, and we all know customer service won't give that shit back willingly.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is there a command to clear a specific chat window? Playin some druid and I have a Butt Stuff window that shows when buffs wear off, and ideally I'd like to clear it after I've recast the ones that wear off, so I'm not constantly thinking they just wore off again.

Why not just put the timestamp there? Should be easy enough to figure out unless it's a really short term buff.

Also, you said "butt stuff". Heh heh heh

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is there a command to clear a specific chat window? Playin some druid and I have a Butt Stuff window that shows when buffs wear off, and ideally I'd like to clear it after I've recast the ones that wear off, so I'm not constantly thinking they just wore off again.
I'd recommend using GINA triggers instead of a butt stuff window. I've developed my GINA triggers quite a bit since this video was captured pre-Aradune but it's basically the same. I've got bars for all the buffs I care about on the left.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I've been building up GINA triggers on my enc. It's pretty good if you roll the target's name into the timer (with {S}) since you can have it restart the timer on refresh.

Supported {} tags - eq.gimasoft.com has some important information that is lacking in the main documentation.

The main problem I have is 1) it tracks random out of group buffs since it can't distinguish between your casts and everyone else's and 2) when you buff at the newbie lift you'll end up with like 20 bars.

This could prob be fixed if GINA supported setting a flag or looking at a range of lines, but as of right now I believe it only hits one line at a time.

There is also a built in Audio Trigger system people might not know about if they just came back. It's under the EQ menu->Actions. I set mez breaks / charm breaks with audio cues there and then use GINA mostly for timers.

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
This exp bonus is giving me a much needed leveling shot to the arm. I pounded out 6 levels on my paladin last night in lower guk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
12m labeled queue at 4:39PM EST

Would rather have ~3000 people getting good service than ~4000 people getting terrible service.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

We wanted to update players on Aradune with some changes made recently. Since launch we have been working on solving the issues with server performance that has affected game play for many of you. In the interim we have reduced the server capacity slightly as a short term fix. Disconnects while zoning have been greatly reduced, and some of the sources of crashes while zoning will be addressed in the upcoming June update.

While the server is at a reduced capacity it is likely that you might see a queue during peak times, we know this can be frustrating and thank you for your patience while we continue to work on the outstanding issues.

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, do you all click "okay" after seeing the queue message? or do you leave that window up

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got through the queue and my house got attacked with an electrical storm that started cutting power

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This gina thing, I've tried it before and never managed to get it to do anything. Even the built in invis wear off thing doesn't work. Also usually my buffing stuff is on my second comp that has no sound.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Managed to go from 23 to 30 in about 2 and a half hours doing an aoe group in sol a before crashing and getting a 59m queue.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've DC'd twice today. It's a real nail-biter waiting in this queue to see if the mob I was fighting ran and got me killed lol.

• 1Worf