Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Maybe a week after Kunark, because of the shitshow it might be. MIGHT. Every TLE launch has been a disaster, but since they seemed to have actually fixed something and TEQB guild no longer blows up the server when the batphone rings with 300 people zoning, it might be fixed, 50/50 chance :p

Labor Day is incredibly likely

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone want to fill the last spot in a semi-hardcore leveling static? All have wed-fri off, probably playing like 14-16 hours a day or so. Few short breaks in late afternoon to mitigate wife agro.

We're pal, ench, wiz, cleric, bard. Last spot I would prefer either another enchanter, a mage, or maybe a shaman.

Send me a message if interested.

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That's EQ Baby is a travesty.

You're just realizing now that TLP raiding guilds are terrible? Didn't you guys have like... 13 years of TLPs to learn how awful and toxic the TLP raiding guilds are?

The way the servers are set up with Krono farming being a big focus... it's not a big surprise that people can't get along when there's Taco Bell money on the line. At least they have instancing for raids. But that still does not contain the autism of contested / epic quest content.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
You're just realizing now that TLP raiding guilds are terrible? Didn't you guys have like... 13 years of TLPs to learn how awful and toxic the TLP raiding guilds are?

The way the servers are set up with Krono farming being a big focus... it's not a big surprise that people can't get along when there's Taco Bell money on the line. At least they have instancing for raids. But that still does not contain the autism of contested / epic quest content.

I am part of EQ Baby.

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Anyone want to fill the last spot in a semi-hardcore leveling static? All have wed-fri off, probably playing like 14-16 hours a day or so. Few short breaks in late afternoon to mitigate wife agro.

We're pal, ench, wiz, cleric, bard. Last spot I would prefer either another enchanter, a mage, or maybe a shaman.

Send me a message if interested.

I can smell all of your greasy skin from here

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why are people so attracted to thats EQ?

This content is easy as fuck to clear even with average people.
I was going to say, Vets of Norrath has nice people, some mouth breathers for sure, but we've cleared everything. They're a good balance

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why are people so attracted to thats EQ?

This content is easy as fuck to clear even with average people.

You can't get as much loot/accounts to sell on redguides at the end of each xpac unless you kill all the contested targets and have high value assets.

There is no other reason.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can't get as much loot/accounts to sell on redguides at the end of each xpac unless you kill all the contested targets and have high value assets.

There is no other reason.

But with so many people, doesn't the gear average out to just a bit more than a normal guild? Or does some of it get "lost"

Sure, I get they do splits, but are they still doing 3+ splits on things? Most guilds are 2 splitting dragons and planes now anyways.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
But with so many people, doesn't the gear average out to just a bit more than a normal guild? Or does some of it get "lost"

Sure, I get they do splits, but are they still doing 3+ splits on things? Most guilds are 2 splitting dragons and planes now anyways.

I think the idea is that you get many more drops because you can pop a billion DZ' as well as controlling OW.

At the end of the day..why?

You will kill the KR price of the items you are farming. You will get more of them by proxy but you will saturate the market.

Just seems silly to me to turn EQ into a secondary job of sorts.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you're in a guild that gets most of the open world targets, you're going to get more loot even if you don't do a lot of bat phones because the price of gear will decrease for everyone. There's really no comparison. There will be much more loot in the guild as long as they're doing splits.

That said, some people really do make this their second job. There's some targets on Mangler right now that spawn on average every 6 hours and there's some raiders in the top open world guild that were in almost all the open world kills in the first month of the expansion. To me, that's really sad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the idea is that you get many more drops because you can pop a billion DZ' as well as controlling OW.

At the end of the day..why?

You will kill the KR price of the items you are farming. You will get more of them by proxy but you will saturate the market.

Just seems silly to me to turn EQ into a secondary job of sorts.
I figure after a few rounds of TLP, chasing the meta of krono farming is where the fun is.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're in a guild that gets most of the open world targets, you're going to get more loot even if you don't do a lot of bat phones because the price of gear will decrease for everyone. There's really no comparison. There will be much more loot in the guild as long as they're doing splits.

That said, some people really do make this their second job. There's some targets on Mangler right now that spawn on average every 6 hours and there's some raiders in the top open world guild that were in almost all the open world kills in the first month of the expansion. To me, that's really sad.
You know you've reached peak MMO player status when you adopt a polyphasic sleep cycle based on around regular MMO events.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I figure after a few rounds of TLP, chasing the meta of krono farming is where the fun is.

I mean to each their own. To me that would be a really shitty second job.

Not only is the pay terrible, but you're also turning something that was fun into something of a grind. You're also killing the experience that other people have playing the game in the process.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I mean to each their own. To me that would be a really shitty second job.

Not only is the pay terrible, but you're also turning something that was fun into something of a grind. You're also killing the experience that other people have playing the game in the process.
Autism

• 2Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Biggest frustration I have right now is the minimal picks in LGuk and trying to find an open assassin camp to get a mask for one or two alts. Other than that I can enjoy the game with my instance guild and avoid the farmers for the most part. Even won a DPS race on the AC for my jboots as a solo enchanter - got lucky since the warping necros weren’t online so I got a head start on dots/nukes.

• 1Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha am I really getting blasted on the FoH forum of all places for wanting to play a lot of EQ directly after an expansion launch? This place has gone soft!