Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like people are gonna be packed into The Hole.

The hole is one of the strongest choices at first and arguably undead the best xp possibly for the first half of the grind. Eventually though you need to move to kunark for higher level mobs, zem or not. Most people do chardok because its endless pulls.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
When kunark launches go buy your spells. All of them that the vendors carry that you will need.

Grab the friend or two you enjoy farming crap with as you coordinate enchanter piss breaks.

Head to fungi king in seb or korocust room in chardok for the next week to grind 51-60 while selling every drop you get for insanely inflated values. On Agnarr we were selling fungi sticks for 14kr and tunics for 10kr first day.

3 boxing with Kobin on Agnarr the first two weeks of Kunark I pulled 600+ krono while working a full time job and making the choice to skip all of the needless VP keying for a zone I had no interest in revisiting.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
When kunark launches go buy your spells. All of them that the vendors carry that you will need.

Grab the friend or two you enjoy farming crap with as you coordinate enchanter piss breaks.

Head to fungi king in seb or korocust room in chardok for the next week to grind 51-60 while selling every drop you get for insanely inflated values. On Agnarr we were selling fungi sticks for 14kr and tunics for 10kr first day.

3 boxing with Kobin on Agnarr the first two weeks of Kunark I pulled 600+ krono while working a full time job and making the choice to skip all of the needless VP keying for a zone I had no interest in revisiting.

Can you get all of your buyable Kunark spells in FV or OT, or are some only sold in one or the other? Is there any other place that sells them (i.e. some obscure frog in swamp, or some classes have to sneak into Cabilis)? I'm kunark-deficient on TLP. Ideally we can go to our base-zone (Overthere outpost etc) and cover our bases there and get going quicker. I'm going to go through Zam's spell archives and start making a list.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It rough but doable to 3 box king at 51 with enchanter/shaman/druid. At least that is what I was running back then.

Tash/malo and pray you can get some kind of slow to land.

Pet choices are find the best melee frog you can at those levels and once you can charm a 53 find yourself a reaver. They are underconned and hit much harder for their level.

For spells I ran my bard/druid to FV. Bought all they could from the vendors and went straight to trak's teeth to farm up seb keys.

Most of the good spells are either dropped or from other spell turn ins. We ended up farming up most of the dropable ones by taking a trip down to juggs where spells drop like candy. I do remember paying like 3kr for a copy of Torpor though. Those level 60 rare spells are a pain in the ass.

Edit: We weren't killing fungi king with 3 toons. We each 3 boxed. I was running enchanter/shaman/druid and he had enchanter/monk/cleric if I remember correctly.

I know I killed it a few times with my own 3 box when I held the camp myself or had to fight big china for it. Lots of fun train wars in Seb.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

600 Kronos, holy fuck. That's insane.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Have a 50 Ranger, nearly 50 enchanter box, and two friends who are close to 50 (ranger & druid) who have expressed some interest in raiding. Heard good things about Spirit of Eventide, but sadly they raid too late. That's EQ Baby the way to go? Guild seems massive. Any recommendations appreciated - did all the way up through Time on Agnarr, the other two haven't raided on EQ in nearly 20 years, but they aren't retarded and have done much harder shit.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It depends on what you are looking for. Do you mind batphone (Open World target)? Or do you want DZ (instanced) only? There is only one batphone guild on Aradune which is That's EQ Baby. The rest are DZ only including Spirit of Eventide. There maybe guilds merge and try to compete for OW target in Kunark/Velious/Luclin, but right now just one.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This last page shows the failure of the game and the people who play it.

stop being pawns and quit or go tomangler. Planning the best spawn drops day one is gross and you people ruin it for everyone else

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This last page shows the failure of the game and the people who play it.

stop being pawns and quit or go tomangler. Planning the best spawn drops day one is gross and you people ruin it for everyone else

I know EQ greed isn't a new thing, hell I remember when Kunark first launched and I finally got in a fungi group. The enchanter won 2 in a row. LORE you say? He died on purpose to leave one on a corpse.

But I wonder how much better these servers were if they suddenly made a rule: "No getting around the NO DROP / LORE tag, ie no SLR" It's too late to stop the Krono train.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Have a 50 Ranger, nearly 50 enchanter box, and two friends who are close to 50 (ranger & druid) who have expressed some interest in raiding. Heard good things about Spirit of Eventide, but sadly they raid too late. That's EQ Baby the way to go? Guild seems massive. Any recommendations appreciated - did all the way up through Time on Agnarr, the other two haven't raided on EQ in nearly 20 years, but they aren't retarded and have done much harder shit.

Been playing with a guild that's pretty laid back, largely kinda on the down-shift for kunark release. A good amount of people that are either OG EQ1 players, old or vet TLP campers. Very open, no need to walk on egg-shells.

Cleared all open content so far via DZ.

Guild is "Pillage and Plunder"

Raid times are:

Friday 8:00PM - 12:00PM PST
Sunday 6:00PM - 10:00PM PST
Monday 8:00PM - 12:00PM PST

Lately we have been ending early because we have been clearing fast.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing with a guild that's pretty laid back, largely kinda on the down-shift for kunark release. A good amount of people that are either OG EQ1 players, old or vet TLP campers. Very open, no need to walk on egg-shells.

Cleared all open content so far via DZ.

Guild is "Pillage and Plunder"

Raid times are:

Friday 8:00PM - 12:00PM PST
Sunday 6:00PM - 10:00PM PST
Monday 8:00PM - 12:00PM PST

Lately we have been ending early because we have been clearing fast.

Ah dang, yeah looking for a EST or CST guild -- Sounds like a solid group. I'm perfectly fine with DZ stuff only.

Brad

Trakanon Raider
An improvement DBG could make regarding Adv Loot system is to allow clickig sprocket to get to give loot to a person UI and in empty box list the six players, can just check the select boxes for those who need and click roll for just those people. As of now, cannot be done, only give to one person.... Unless I'm missing something?

Was told can just do /roll but how do you do that for just two or three people?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Currently if you stop autoroll you can click the gear symbol and check peoples designated rolls (Need/Greed) and even uncheck people's rolls.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users