Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
RE: AJ Discussion

Genocide all ROAMING dogs, all of them. The spawn can happen anywhere a roaming Dog spawns so the key to getting fast spawns (saw 2 spawn in 20 minutes) is absolutely destroying all dogs. Most of the time this means that it'll spawn a couple places:

1599151094470.png

1599151132167.png

Locations of ALL dogs:

1599151351087.png

Maps taken from:

Not live.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I really don't want to go digging for it. I'm 99% that around the time the spawn timers on the groundspawns in SONH and Kaesora were reduced AJ had his spawn chance increased.

We did the clearing strat for hours upon hours on Ragefire and it didn't make shit all difference vs just AFKing by the tunnel and waiting for the zone population to fight itself out.

EDIT: Never doubt the power of autism
April 2016
- We have reduced the time needed to gather the keys to Veeshan's Peak in the following ways:
- - Reduced the respawn timer on the Top Shard of the Jarsath Medallion by half.
- - An ancient Jarsath is now about three times as likely to spawn rather than a placeholder.
- - The bloodgill marauder will respawn twice as fast.
- - Verix Kylox's Remains is now almost twice as likely to spawn rather than a placeholder.
- - The shard of the Kylong medallion that spawns in the Kaesora library will respawn twice as fast.
- - The rotting skeleton has had its chance to spawn instead of a placeholder slightly increased.
- - The pained soul has had its chance to spawn instead of a placeholder slightly increased.

These changes happened about 70% through Kunark on Phinny, long after most of AoS had gone through the keying process. So confirmed, back in my day we actually did walk uphill both ways in the snow to key for VP.

Man I really don’t remember LJ vs Agnarr being much different keying except for the pickzone changes making it so we couldn’t just keep 3-6 picks or loio/song/kaesora open 24/7 with one character anymore on Agnarr.

Can’t dispute the patch notes though!

Nate

Molten Core Raider
RE: AJ Discussion

Genocide all ROAMING dogs, all of them. The spawn can happen anywhere a roaming Dog spawns so the key to getting fast spawns (saw 2 spawn in 20 minutes) is absolutely destroying all dogs. Most of the time this means that it'll spawn a couple places:

View attachment 299141

View attachment 299142

Locations of ALL dogs:

View attachment 299143

Maps taken from:

Not live.

this is correct. It is for sure much, much faster than afk’ing in the tunnel and waiting for him to pop. Even the patch notes Bobby referenced say the spawn chance was increased for his placeholders, which are the dogs.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you get yourself in to a situation where you're trying to get the piece by yourself keep your own killing to one of those three circles in the first map GuardianX posted. Trying to cover the whole zone is going to make you really frustrated really quickly.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Double rares and faction coming next weekend, double xp this weekend, should help with a few of the key pieces

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Sweet, thanks.

Hopefully EQ has a friends list lol.

Is it worth it to keep stuff like bonechips CB belts ect... to sell? Or should i just turn them in for quests. bad space is already rough

If you wanna join to level up, currently lvl 19 with an iksar sk/monk duo

Last edited:

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you wanna join to level up, currently lvl 19 with an iksar sk/monk duo - name is Serk / Serksi

I just hit 14 before going to work today so i'm abit under your level but ill hit you up. Need to buy Breeze then thinking Unrest i suppose?

Had alot of fun my first day so far. Did 8 to 14 in like 2 hrs in a 4 man Crushbone grp. Somehow we killed Dvinn with all lvl 12s and like 5 adds. lol. Thats def not classic.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Are monk fists still way better than weapons? Wasn't sure if they changed it recently, seeing a ton of high level monks with shit weapons instead.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Fists are 23/26 with epic, 23/38 without for a human. But fists don't get damage bonus or something on motm mobs so many weapons can be better on those mobs.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok so I got a clicky from someone today, shrunken goblin earring, buffed me with 2 perm AAs on my SK netting some nice attack. Anyone know of any other clicky AA stuff we can grab in kunark?

Xevy

Log Wizard
So not only did they launch double rares a day early, they just removed double exp a day early! Huzzah!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok so I got a clicky from someone today, shrunken goblin earring, buffed me with 2 perm AAs on my SK netting some nice attack. Anyone know of any other clicky AA stuff we can grab in kunark?

I'm probably being thick but what do you mean by AA? It's been a while but that earring used to just give a slight attack buff. It was more useful for taking the first buff slot when you went up against bosses that used to debuff you though. You'll want to keep hold of that thing for a while. You can click from your inventory right?

The SK equivalent of the PLD Deepwater set, think it was Blood Ember, probably has some nice buffs on it but some of the pieces are tough to get (Trak).

Other than that, I can't remember much from Kunark for tank hybrids. Luclin was a clickie fest though.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm probably being thick but what do you mean by AA? It's been a while but that earring used to just give a slight attack buff. It was more useful for taking the first buff slot when you went up against bosses that used to debuff you though. You'll want to keep hold of that thing for a while. You can click from your inventory right?

The SK equivalent of the PLD Deepwater set, think it was Blood Ember, probably has some nice buffs on it but some of the pieces are tough to get (Trak).

Other than that, I can't remember much from Kunark for tank hybrids. Luclin was a clickie fest though.

It gave a buff but its one of those items that gives you AA points permanently. It gave 2/3 grim aura AA I believe it was called, but the AA bonus also stacks with grim aura the castable buff, so I clicked off the buff from the earring but kept the attack bonus from the AA. The reason I asked is because on live I know there are tons of items that grant AAs so I was just wondering if anyone knew about any other items like that in kunark.

I'm rocking currently 457 attack with the 2 hander without bard epic on raids. I'm not cool enough to get in the bard epic group as an SK yet =).

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

It gives you a permanent AA and a buff that does nothing now.

A lot has changed from back in the day

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user