Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
For MOTM Mobs monks -- epic + weapon in primary + bare offhand is good for a super long time.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So not only did they launch double rares a day early, they just removed double exp a day early! Huzzah!

Oh wtf that's why my xp last night was so fucking trash at Juggs...

Can you buy the goblin earring and sell it and keep the AAs, or I'm sure it has to stay equipped?

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh wtf that's why my xp last night was so fucking trash at Juggs...

Can you buy the goblin earring and sell it and keep the AAs, or I'm sure it has to stay equipped?

I think so, I just borrowed the earring from a pally that got one and gave it back after I clicked it. The AAs stayed and I clicked off the buff. I mean it would make sense to keep the thing for the insta cast buff when you are getting dispelled, also probably builds up some nice aggro. I'm not sure what all classes it works for but for sure pallies and SK.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Key stuff is extra cancerous on Aradune. People selling jade chokidai prods for like 4-6 krono while monopolizing the spawn. VP key quest was designed for when we had an expansion for like a year, and with less people on the server. Kinda brings out the ugly lol. I'd just like a balance struck between "Dont just hand it to me" and "Why the fuck does this take soo long to respawn and still have Placeholders"

That's my QQ story.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Key stuff is extra cancerous on Aradune. People selling jade chokidai prods for like 4-6 krono while monopolizing the spawn. VP key quest was designed for when we had an expansion for like a year, and with less people on the server. Kinda brings out the ugly lol. I'd just like a balance struck between "Dont just hand it to me" and "Why the fuck does this take soo long to respawn and still have Placeholders"

That's my QQ story.

Easily done IMHO

Un-key all DZ'.

Openworld gets a specific message of "Honor" for first kills / kills, something like, "Trakanon has been killed by SOANDSO and adventurers from GUILD!"

DZ kills get a message like, "A mighty enemy has been killed by SOANDSO!" No mob name, no guild name, congrats on your loot..

People that wanna fight for server first can do it in OW, people that want to drink beer and raid with buddies can. The people that put in effort to do keys get a server first message AND follow up clout every time they down OW bosses.

On that topic...Sleeper, we all know it's gunna be fucked...why not have 2 DZ people (one for sleeper still sleeping, one for awakened)? Why have an entire server held hostage by zerg guilds?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I said it before....just skip VP.

Get your levels, farm some krono then take off the next few months until Velious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Using spawn times as a gating mechanic to introduce difficulty is the most boring of options.

Next TLP should have an option with mobs having double damage, double health and being immune to charm, among other things.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I said it before....just skip VP.

Get your levels, farm some krono then take off the next few months until Velious.

Meh, I'm having fun doing farming for it, I have my epic, I'm level 60, I'm leveling my bard to 60 and all raid content aside from VP is on farm...yay...

Using spawn times as a gating mechanic to introduce difficulty is the most boring of options.

Next TLP should have an option with mobs having double damage, double health and being immune to charm, among other things.

Agreed, Gating mechanics in a TLP don't make sense unless the "Time" part of the equation is around the same time as OG.

The OG point of gating was to ensure people were "Doing things" in game and that people had, in the loosest sense of the word, "content" to do.

When the content cycle is 3 months, you don't have stagnation time and, by proxy, don't need gating mechanics other than maybe level.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Meh, I'm having fun doing farming for it, I have my epic, I'm level 60, I'm leveling my bard to 60 and all raid content aside from VP is on farm...yay...

Agreed, Gating mechanics in a TLP don't make sense unless the "Time" part of the equation is around the same time as OG.

The OG point of gating was to ensure people were "Doing things" in game and that people had, in the loosest sense of the word, "content" to do.

When the content cycle is 3 months, you don't have stagnation time and, by proxy, don't need gating mechanics other than maybe level.

Also time to fix the incomplete shit they released

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Per dreamweaver - bonus xp should be turned back on.

It def wasnt as of 1pm est when i quit my ghoul lord group.

Still, its been super fun playing eq again doing classic camps. I got to 42 thus far and was psyched i won an guise of deceiver and SMR to go along with my still mostly cloth junk. Something about classic eq camp groups. Most fun i have had in an mmo since Burning Crusade.

I just need to find a researcher to make the good lv 40+ enc spells now. I bought all these old grimoire pages with my meagre pp before being told they are useless.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why is everyone walking around with emperor sword transmogs? talk about killing that items swag

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was always more of a fan of the Petrified Heartwood Flamberge.

But that's probably more because we only ever got one to drop and it went to a fucking cross-server guild hopper.

Totally over it.

Fuck you Warwolf!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Nah, not me - just how terrible they are in game and how they try to spin it on the forums. They get caught and he's trying to play it off so hard.
Tell us how you really feel, this isn't the DBG forums, where you have to talk in passive aggressive faggoty code-speak, constantly in fear of getting banned.

Don't deny us the little taste of EQ drama, this thread desperately needs more of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
AtabishiX just wants to be "known". And the more people mention him the more he probably thinks he matters. He's like an EQ influencer. He has a following, mostly of mongloids or desperate people, and everyone else just wonders how and why. But that's fine.

TEQB will break. Maybe in Velious, probably in Luclin. These guilds usually do. The haves and the have-nots. The poopsockers and the normies. The cheaters and the purists. Usually the core of "leaders" decides they're tired of carrying 50-250 bags of sand around at their own mental health and they cut ties. Then it's usually like the 3 knowledgeable people trying to herd the flock of normies into success in more difficult content. Then due to frustration the authotarianism comes out to try and just reign in control and "make it all work". Then sometimes theirs another coup or outster or the "leader" ragequits and it all falls from there. An MMORPG tale as old as EQ itself.

So enjoy the limelight while you can! Screenshot those angry posts for your jerk off folder! After Luclin, or PoP if you're lucky, you'll have to wait for another TLP launch to zergforce to the top!