Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Explain why you need it. You guys keep spouting this "ur doing it wrong if you're not an ogre," nonsense, but going back to my first post, having raided Agnarr from day 1 to today, and actively raided in classic thru Vel on Mangler and Aradune... And as a DE SK on all of them, I can't recall a single time on a raid where me getting stunned in a raid had any negative consequence to the raid.

And when you're pulling, front stun immunity isn't that big a deal, nobody's pulling by running backwards to face mobs, so if ur pulling 50 frogs in guk and running back to your camp, being an ogre isn't saving you. And if the 50 mobs ARE in camp, your group isn't wiping because you got stunned. If you're wiping it's for other reasons.

If you're tanking a mob and get stunned, you will lose all of your avoidance until unstunned. Pulling a red NPC and getting hit for any reason by it results in a chance to be stunned when your character is in the moving animation, and it's fairly high (35%) - so if you're pulling a raid NPC, you will get stunned OFTEN. Ogres are completely immune to that.

So if you're not dying, it's not because 'it doesn't matter' - it's because your group or raid has many healers working overtime - just because you didn't want the class that has better starting stats and racials.

Also TLP AC/HP is highly inflated to in-era AC/HP. You have access to runspeed potions, regen potions, etc via Daybreak Cash - you did not ever have those back in the day. You also had penalties for rolling an Ogre, which was pretty fucking hefty, in the form of negative experience.

I will say this: EQ is one of the most fundamentally simple games, but is severely not user friendly. You don't know any of this shit when you made your character in 1999, and we only know it because 21 years later, the game is solved - much in the sense that TicTacToe is, there is a formula to beat all of the TLP content.

Compare that to WoW, where developers actively share that information. The mystery behind EQ's races are one of the most important factors in separating EQ as a roleplaying game from a gear treadmill.

The fact that you played a DE SK isn't bad at all. It means you like that race/class combination. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but if you're looking at it from a statistical min/max perspective, there is everything wrong with playing it.

Presumed evidence that the game works a certain way when it actually doesn't is the same reason why we're in a global pandemic despite having a pandemic 100 years ago in 1918: People can't look back 20 years to research a 20 year old game. How do you expect them to know or believe written information from 100 years ago that has even less documentation or evidence of it happening?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So did they actually hot fix the ring war after every server since launch had it like it has been with loots?

has anyone done it since the last downtime?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I read that whole thread last night. Wow. Fucking terrible. Is it an exploit? Kinda. More yes than no. Is it game breaking? No. Is it a general buff to the game that helps people more than hurts them? YEP.

Some salty cunts wanted to jerk off to their crown of Narandi and they got it ruined for everyone. I can't FATHOM doing a ring war for 4 pieces of loot now. Especially since 2 are basically trash. And all the people applauding the people calling it an exploit in the thread. Fucking sad. Bugs like that make the game more enjoyable, not less. Go fuck off to P99 and /list yourself a life.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sitting is better for mana and it also avoids the spin stun. Also if you have high enough mr you can resist most of them. Jalar was destroying me on Lady nev because his mr was a lot higher.

I always play a bard and pretty much always have max MR and that shit still hits way more then it should. I hate lady nev. I tried to volunteer for caster mana song /afk duty behind the wall as often as I could, but always with the melee :(

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ring wars are way more enjoyable when it only takes 6 people and their boxes like on Rizlona. Just sayin'

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can see how the ring war drops are unintended but if it's fixed to only give one of each item the event goes from being too rewarding to pointless considering the amount of time and people it takes.

They did nerf the chainspawning the frog in Misty Thicket trick that was posted in this thread around release, he no longer gives any xp.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
RIP Slaythe

Pour One Out 40 Oz GIF by MOODMAN

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm using Sparxx UI but want a better bank UI. The Sparxx one is old and boring and not every good to be honest. Is there a better bank mod out there that people use that is easy to see what's in the bags?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm using Sparxx UI but want a better bank UI. The Sparxx one is old and boring and not every good to be honest. Is there a better bank mod out there that people use that is easy to see what's in the bags?
What do you feel is lacking? There's only so much the UI can do here.

If you use find items from your inventory you can search your inventory and your bank very easily so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you feel is lacking? There's only so much the UI can do here.

If you use find items from your inventory you can search your inventory and your bank very easily so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

I was trying to get the Vert bank into Sparxx, but when I do, it crashes Sparxx for some reason.

Attachments

• EQ000003.jpg
    EQ000003.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 29

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Luclin: The argument could be made multiple ways since all stats are maxed -- Although I still Prefer DE Because Buff Slot (Its a trade off for Buff Slot, Regen, Stun Immunity)

Huh? DE's get an extra buff slot on TLP's?
Dark Hand Wraps are used beyond PoP?
Keep in mind I've played on AK/TAKP most recently- I did play on and off up to some DoDH and some RoF or whatever, but not seriously after GoD/OoW. So those concepts are foreign to me. Daybreak/whoever couldn't remove that buffslot from DE's? And does h2h cap differently on TLP's? (252 is what I know on AK/TAKP)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Huh? DE's get an extra buff slot on TLP's?
Dark Hand Wraps are used beyond PoP?
Keep in mind I've played on AK/TAKP most recently- I did play on and off up to some DoDH and some RoF or whatever, but not seriously after GoD/OoW. So those concepts are foreign to me. Daybreak/whoever couldn't remove that buffslot from DE's? And does h2h cap differently on TLP's? (252 is what I know on AK/TAKP)
I think he's saying that because he assumes you will always use dark elf illusion if not a dark elf... Which is beyond silly and shows his obvious bias towards DE.

H2h caps are different, but the hand wraps should have always put you over cap.