Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any reason Krono is falling so early before Luclin? It was 12-12.3 last week and last night it was 10.5-11k in the tunnel (being sold for that). I can see closer as people want to have money for mounts and such, but now makes no sense.

Its about the same price that krono was on Coirnav around this time and reflects the lack of popularity of the server.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its about the same price that krono was on Coirnav around this time and reflects the lack of popularity of the server.

Krono was 3.5k each at one point in Luclin on Phinny. It had dropped from around 7-8k in Velious to the 3.5 on Luclin launch and stayed less than 5k for several weeks before stabilizing at around 10k. I guess by your logic that server was dead. I thought you said phinny was the most popular of all time?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Krono was 3.5k each at one point in Luclin on Phinny. It had dropped from around 7-8k in Velious to the 3.5 on Luclin launch and stayed less than 5k for several weeks before stabilizing at around 10k. I guess by your logic that server was dead. I thought you said phinny was the most popular of all time?

Phini was the first of the new TLPs and doesn't follow the same patterns of the newer servers.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
The botters are trying to drop the krono price so they can do an easier buyout in luclin. They're not able to farm as much as usual. They only put half the teams afk farming and are a bit scared at the moment to do too much. Probably trying to just squeeze as much money as they can to make up for lack of pure plat farming they are doing.

They still have millions of plat saved up but they just want to lower the price and then when luclin comes they will buy out every krono and the price will be 20k in luclin.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
They will hold the spot for the top wts krono and top spot for wtb krono until the server dies. And there is nothing you can do about them completely controlling the market.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A member of DPG staff confirmed for me today that Mangler was the most popular TLP server ever. This surprised me personally as I expected it to be Phinigel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A member of DPG staff confirmed for me today that Mangler was the most popular TLP server ever. This surprised me personally as I expected it to be Phinigel.
Based on what? Active users, longevity? I didnt play Mangler until later in its run and was shocked by how big the population was compared to other servers by then.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Based on what? Active users, longevity? I didnt play Mangler until later in its run and was shocked by how big the population was compared to other servers by then.
Total active users. Most of these servers hit the same peak concurrent since the 5k queue was triggered for all but a few where there was either no queue system or the queue was artificially lowered.

Longevity remains to be seen since Phinigel is about to hit live in 3-6 months. I suspect it wins that race.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I imagine it's a combination of all of them. Phinny was massively popular, but there was only a few big boxers (6) and VERY few 20 boxers. Phinny also was fortunate and got the event server that replaced a real server, so it didn't have the massive drop off 1 year in. The following server was also... Agnarr, which helped it keep people even longer lol.

Mangler also kept a lot of its core like Phinny. The difference would be the amount of large boxers. Mangler, during planes of power, had at least 250 characters that were played by like 4 people. That's a huge boost in the population by itself. 250 is a conservative number. That's just raiding toons. There were 10 accounts just being used as bankers for them. During free to play on Mangler, there were 80 lvl 1s in sirens grotto that were keeping 8 picks open and then 6 lvl 65s in each of those picks farming sirens. Along with 2-3 picks of plane of water and 2-3 picks of sol ro tower and 2-3 picks of tactics.

Imagine casually warping 80 lvl 1s on a truebox server into Sirens Grotto, so you can farm 8 picks of SG with your 8 groups of lvl 65s.

RIP Truebox

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not super surprising as in my numbers Mangler and Phini were close. People forget Phini had crazy slow exp which turned a lot of casuals off and a lot of the TLP things were not ironed out until late Agnarr. Mangler was about the perfect TLP server as to date. They would be best served to just release a Mangler copy (with item effects not disabled) and a Selo clone this year and watch the numbers fly. Assuming stability isnt terrible.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not super surprising as in my numbers Mangler and Phini were close. People forget Phini had crazy slow exp which turned a lot of casuals off and a lot of the TLP things were not ironed out until late Agnarr. Mangler was about the perfect TLP server as to date. They would be best served to just release Mangler a copy (with item effects not disabled) and a Selo clone this year and watch the numbers fly. Assuming stability isnt terrible.
Plus there were also two other TLP's in Kunark (one just finished Classic) when Phinigel launched with another classic start. There were at least 3-5 guilds on both Ragefire and Lockjaw that stayed in place while Phinigel was opening. I know personally I couldn't stomach another 3 months of classic on top of the 6 months of classic I just did.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mangler crashed from the dodh load today. Pretty impressive for this late in the server.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean expansion launches were always shitshows even before they switched to a budget server farm awhile back.

Doesnt really bode well for any new server releases being stable at all. We all remember how terrible Aradune was for over a month.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Some of Aradune was self-inflicted. Let's hope they don't turn on their "scan all yo shit each time you zone" cheat catcher during a launch ever again. What a fucking mess.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

So part of the reason that the server was complete ass is that Daybreak had a thing running in the background that was checking for cheaters and boxers and such. I guess p99 uses something similar? The way they had it initially configured it scanned all the shit it could scan each time you zoned. It was a massive resource hog. One day a couple weeks in they just stopped using the fucking thing.

You could always tell when an open world raid target had spawned because the server instantly took a shit as TEB logged on a couple hundred people and started moving through the world.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
This conjecture or actual factual info? First time I've heard of it, and given the quality of minds that frequent this forum I'd be less than surprised its just some conspiracy theory with little supporting evidence other than a massive guild all logging on at once will add a non insignificant amount of stress to an already fragile server.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A friend of a guy I knew whose uncle had lunch with someone who served lunch to the wife of a DPG developer confirmed it for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users