Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I mean strictly speaking you can edit them too. One of the funniest things that happened on P99 was someone editing Nizzar's face into an ogre model and uploading it on a torrent site as "EverQuest Titanium" - Rogean asked why this download has some modified files in it as it was getting flagged by their detection, I laughed when I found out why it was.

Gotta find it, it was called DukeVision.

edit: found it.

m9ecwUh.png

uhi1bj3.jpg
Is there anymore to that story? LOL. That is hilarious.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Twistin from OGC got a beastlord from 1-60 in 13 hours...pretty sick speedrun. I'm not even sure if he was trying to do a speedrun. Wonder if he was the server first.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
AHR died his morning about 5am. No idea of this is some record but seems p nuts.

Is there someway to kill emo without having all keyed? I keep seeing people suggest this

Zaide

TLP Idealist
AHR died his morning about 5am. No idea of this is some record but seems p nuts.

Is there someway to kill emo without having all keyed? I keep seeing people suggest this
It is about 2.5-3 hours faster than the previous record.

You don’t need to key everyone for Emp but you still need to key a lot more now than you did like 4 years ago when the old record was set. Pre 2018 you could pull Emp out of his room using some z-axis exploits so you only needed two keys to start.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
did Deep AOE groups really get banned?

People are doing it right now on Aradune, dunno if they will get banned.

Is Khati Sha down yet?

Mediumcore downed Seru on wed night and Sha last night. Was a blast doing Sha because it never worked for our guild on classic / OG EQ.

Word is we got server 1st on Seru? I dunno about that though.

EDIT:

OH, we also did the burrower beast event and HOLY CRAP I don't recall that being such a painstakingly long event.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are doing it right now on Aradune, dunno if they will get banned.

Mediumcore downed Seru on wed night and Sha last night. Was a blast doing Sha because it never worked for our guild on classic / OG EQ.

Word is we got server 1st on Seru? I dunno about that though.

EDIT:

OH, we also did the burrower beast event and HOLY CRAP I don't recall that being such a painstakingly long event.

Nice! Yeah, we never managed to down Sha either.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
We finished it in 35 hours 55 minutes. Honestly thought it was going to end up taking 3 days (only had the 7 day time on mangler to go off of).
We keyed 38 for Emp and 40 for VT. We finished the 38 emp keys and 40 VT shards in the first 24 hours of launch and then the remaining 12 hours was orb splits/emp/vt clear. It took 12 hours to finish shards, took a 4 hour break, then about 8 hours to finish the 38 emp keys.
I didn't think beating the 39 hour would even be possible under the current luclin. Not having to do emp keys and only having to key enough to kill aten vs keying enough to do the actual clear is a massive time advantage.
Based on our progress times, if we could have pulled emp down to the zone line and only had to key enough to run straight to Aten we would have finished around the 10-12 hour mark.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Vise

Molten Core Raider
We finished it in 35 hours 55 minutes. Honestly thought it was going to end up taking 3 days (only had the 7 day time on mangler to go off of).
We keyed 38 for Emp and 40 for VT. We finished the 38 emp keys and 40 VT shards in the first 24 hours of launch and then the remaining 12 hours was orb splits/emp/vt clear. It took 12 hours to finish shards, took a 4 hour break, then about 8 hours to finish the 38 emp keys.
I didn't think beating the 39 hour would even be possible under the current luclin. Not having to do emp keys and only having to key enough to kill aten vs keying enough to do the actual clear is a massive time advantage.
Based on our progress times, if we could have pulled emp down to the zone line and only had to key enough to run straight to Aten we would have finished around the 10-12 hour mark.

Gratz TEB, Was pretty sure you guys would be able to do it.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
If any of you want some 44 enc buffs or to group, hit me up. Name is ismaris in-game. Also have a 39 dru I can help plvl a bit.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

So, buddies and I were having a convo about current "Strats" of cornering VP dragons and shit like that.

I find it amazing that we didn't do 90% of this chit in classic, either we didn't know it existed OR people would get banned at the drop of a hat for doing this shit.

OG we fought EMP in the room, we fought dragons in their rooms, we fought all the dragons in ToV in their Cubbies...

I feel like if we even attempted to do any of the strange shit that people are doing now we would have all been perma'd back 20ish years ago. I feel like, with the advent of instances, people do way more shady shit and nothing happens and then you have an entire server doing shady shit (compared to OG).

What are your thoughts on the shit that people do now for "Strats"?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like cornering dragons is pretty legit since they can make spells pass through walls very easily. It's not in an indoor versus outdoor thing but a simple flag on the spell itself.

why have that distinction if they never intended for you to corner dragons to avoid AE?

obviously, pulling emp out of his room wasn't intended which is why they later changed it to death touch you if you did that. Same with rooting certain raid mobs because they didn't want them pulled to an easier location (though with motm that has its own exploits).

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
We (AOS) got all the way through Velious on Phinny before we learned other guilds had been mage tanking the rooted dragons, we also did Emp in his room every time not knowing you could pull him out. Woulda been real nice info at the time cause we 100% would have used it. Def took advantage of the VT ninja hole.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, buddies and I were having a convo about current "Strats" of cornering VP dragons and shit like that.

I find it amazing that we didn't do 90% of this chit in classic, either we didn't know it existed OR people would get banned at the drop of a hat for doing this shit.

OG we fought EMP in the room, we fought dragons in their rooms, we fought all the dragons in ToV in their Cubbies...

I feel like if we even attempted to do any of the strange shit that people are doing now we would have all been perma'd back 20ish years ago. I feel like, with the advent of instances, people do way more shady shit and nothing happens and then you have an entire server doing shady shit (compared to OG).

What are your thoughts on the shit that people do now for "Strats"?

Finding new and more efficient ways of doing raid mobs is part of the fun. I don't believe any of the current ways guilds do raid mobs would get them banned or in trouble.
Of course, people in classic wouldn't know as much as people do now, thus why there are new strats so bringing up how things were done in the "OG" days is kind of irrelevant other than for bringing up old memories. It's like the "back in my day" type people.

That being said, special strats for raid mobs especially classic through velious is also pretty irrelevant with the current knowledge of players, which has even increased significantly in just the last few years.

For example, even back on Phinny and recent prior TLP's, there was a very very small % of players who went just straight resist gear to nullify all the AE's.

In TEB we pushed very hard for everyone to just go straight resist gear, and in Kunark did not exploit any AE's on Trak or VP dragons to make anyone who couldn't resist the AE's have to dodge. In velious we never did anything special with raid mobs either, never summon kited AoW and the tov dragons are rooted anyway so not like you can re position them. Luclin we have done nothing special or any exploits with raid mobs to my knowledge either.

End of the day, let people do what they want to do in DZ's in my opinion. If they can figure out clever ways to kill raid mobs with fewer numbers, dunno why anyone should care. In the classic-velious expansions just go straight resist gear and not care about your stats and you won't have any trouble with any dragon no matter where you choose to do it. Resists = more dmg than maxing your stats.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but some of the vendors in freeport are using ugly lowres textures. Not all of them, but a lot, and it's noticeable. Did someone fuck something up and disable high res textures on some modles? Cuz I was watching Zaide's stream of him in kerra isle, and the gorrilas had really low res textures. How do you constantly fuck up the original game?

Go into the launcher options and turn off mip mapping, that fixed the blurry faces on vendors and wolves for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finding new and more efficient ways of doing raid mobs is part of the fun. I don't believe any of the current ways guilds do raid mobs would get them banned or in trouble.
Of course, people in classic wouldn't know as much as people do now, thus why there are new strats so bringing up how things were done in the "OG" days is kind of irrelevant other than for bringing up old memories. It's like the "back in my day" type people.

That being said, special strats for raid mobs especially classic through velious is also pretty irrelevant with the current knowledge of players, which has even increased significantly in just the last few years.

For example, even back on Phinny and recent prior TLP's, there was a very very small % of players who went just straight resist gear to nullify all the AE's.

In TEB we pushed very hard for everyone to just go straight resist gear, and in Kunark did not exploit any AE's on Trak or VP dragons to make anyone who couldn't resist the AE's have to dodge. In velious we never did anything special with raid mobs either, never summon kited AoW and the tov dragons are rooted anyway so not like you can re position them. Luclin we have done nothing special or any exploits with raid mobs to my knowledge either.

End of the day, let people do what they want to do in DZ's in my opinion. If they can figure out clever ways to kill raid mobs with fewer numbers, dunno why anyone should care. In the classic-velious expansions just go straight resist gear and not care about your stats and you won't have any trouble with any dragon no matter where you choose to do it. Resists = more dmg than maxing your stats.
It was a long 36 hours, but it was some of the most fun I've ever had ON EQ. Thanks for coordinating a massive frenzy of cokes up monsters during a highly contested race.

Everyone did exceptionally well.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
It was a long 36 hours, but it was some of the most fun I've ever had ON EQ. Thanks for coordinating a massive frenzy of cokes up monsters during a highly contested race.

Everyone did exceptionally well.

Who raced you guys?