Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I know you can bug your char to go to POK now, but are the pok stones active? Can you use that to easily go anywhere?
Nah PoK is effectively worthless to your average player. All the stones are despawned as well as the NPCs.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I know you can bug your char to go to POK now, but are the pok stones active? Can you use that to easily go anywhere?
It’s how you get around when you use macroquest to /zone to places.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
As Zaide said its how people who use MQ2 with all the hacks enabled travel. It is an easy way to spot those folks by their achievements because their entire crew has the pok achievement minutes after their creation.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As I understand it there are things like race swaps that can potentially punt you up there if it goes funky, and GMs have summoned people up there, but that really just never happens. If a character has a pok achievement it's probably the case that either they, someone who boxes them, and/or the person they bought it from used mq2 to warp.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
dont necessarily need /zone, the /door command works - they just removed the models not the actual door entity

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems like an obvious way to catch cheaters then, but I guess botter $ spends just as well as any other.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This is why 6/10ths of the VT key (Seru, Ssra, Grey, Akehva, Acrylia, Deep) is fun and good: completing it takes you around the expansion and makes mediocre xp and mediocre raid bosses worth doing. And in general those 6 aren't painfully rare, though you can get screwed.

Or you can just go to other zones because it's fun and different.

Like i get going to the "best" zone when you're racing for server first, but it amazes me every time i play on a TLP how sweaty people get trying to maximize XP , all so they can get that sweet 4th rank of eminence at only 7 AA points for 2 Charisma.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To get to PoK via bug:

Ding 46.
Go to PoFear.
Die, so you lose XP and are now lvl 45.
Get a 0% res.
You will zone into PoK.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
dont necessarily need /zone, the /door command works - they just removed the models not the actual door entity

Interesting but not surprising if true. Doors function via index (0 -> 255) and if you send via index on a specific door, that would (technically) work. Just as easy to detect the player sending the request, though.

If that works, that also means you can get to Plane of Tranquility and any non-flagged PoP zone from PoK.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
To get to PoK via bug:

Ding 46.
Go to PoFear.
Die, so you lose XP and are now lvl 45.
Get a 0% res.
You will zone into PoK.

That's the only 100% reproducible one I'm aware of but there are some other bugs that can happen that zone you to PoK that have happened to me personally and I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce them. Both times it happened in Fear though. I crashed while zoning out of fear in Kunark at lvl 60 and logged back in to PoK. Also died while feared in Velious at lvl 60 and was released to PoK.

My question would be why do the botters use PoK as a warping point if all the stones are inactive? I know all the warpers have the PoK achievement at lvl 1 but wasn't really sure why. I assume it's because they can do something in the back end to activate the stones or the zone warping allows them to go to any zone from PoK? I know that some of the botters now days don't even have to talk to the AoC's to enter a DZ so they don't get caught with the /say ready spam all going out at the same time on 72 characters. They just run up to the AoC and enter without ever saying a word. Was thinking maybe it's something like that, that is allowing them to use the stones without them actually being there.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I was under the impression the /zone only let you warp into connecting zones so by going through PoK you can effectively fast travel around. I've never touched hard drugs so this has no factual basis.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Or you can just go to other zones because it's fun and different.
You can try but people were discussing how hard this is in practice in this group-based when you can't find a group outside of the one or two zones. VT key is one of the first instances where the game actually creates an incentive to go to different zones.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I was under the impression the /zone only let you warp into connecting zones so by going through PoK you can effectively fast travel around. I've never touched hard drugs so this has no factual basis.

This make the most sense, even if the stones are not physically there, the zone connections probably still exist in some form within the game.

yerm

As someone who's tried hard drugs in my youth I confirm this is true.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are all the vendors up in PoK if the zone is essentially barred from entry or do they only appear when PoP goes live?

yerm

They took them out on I wanna say phinny. I can't imagine they're back. You could ask basically anyone on rizlona to check for you to confirm ;)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
More epic changes:

Cleric Epic Changes
- - Blood Soaked Prismatic Priest Robe can no longer be traded.
- - Lake Rathe
- - - Only someone that has handed Lord Bergurgle's Crown to Shmendrik can loot the Damaged Goblin Crown from the spirit of flame.
- - - Once you hand the Damaged Goblin Crown to Natasha you will have to hand a new Lord Bergurgle's Crown to Shmendrik to loot the Damaged Goblin Crown again.
- - - Natasha no longer despawns.
- - - Most of the time Natasha cannot be attacked. She can only be fought when she engages with Shmendrik.
- - - Shmendrik cannot be attacked until someone hands him Lord Bergurgle's Crown.
- - Timorous Deep
- - - Only someone that has handed Blood Soaked Plasmatic Priest Robe to Omat will receive the Ornate Sea Shell II when handing Lord Gimblox's Signet Ring to Natasha.
- - - Once you hand the Lord Gimblox's Signet Ring to Natasha you will have to hand a new Blood Soaked Plasmatic Priest Robe to Omat for Natasha to accept another Signet Ring from you.
- - - Natasha no longer despawns and cannot be killed.
- - - Only someone that has handed Sceptre of Ixiblat Fer and Singed Scroll to Omat will receive the Shimmering Pearl when handing A Message to Natasha to Natasha.
- - - Once you hand A Message to Natasha to Natasha you will have to hand a new Sceptre of Ixiblat Fer and Singed Scroll to Omat for Natasha to accept another Message from you.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
New owners seem to have an interest in fixing a lot of the major complaints of TLP players after the old ones were happy to ignore them for years.

Wonder what they will work on next? Maybe some of the toxic keying bottlenecks.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
New owners seem to have an interest in fixing a lot of the major complaints of TLP players after the old ones were happy to ignore them for years.

Wonder what they will work on next? Maybe some of the toxic keying bottlenecks.

I really doubt they have any input other than keep the numbers up.

I want to warn people the company that bought DPG is leveraged to the max. If the market takes a nasty turn which is likely its very possible it will put that company into bankruptcy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users