Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I've had a GM talk to me when I was using MQ2 on live, and they basically said, "Please behave and be courteous of others," and then left me alone. I was trade skilling in POK with my characters on /stick follow, which is super obvious and I should have known better than the run by the lag pile several times like that. But, I've always felt like they only care about MQ2 if you're toxic or purposefully flaunting it, simply for the fact that I think they know the socialization aspect of the game is pretty rare until you get closer to the current expansion era.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
S Secrets They shouldn't be. Correct. I play on Rizlona because I want to box without someone reporting me due to some purist memories.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
eq ae nerf.png

• 6Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 10 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
*** Progression Servers ***
- Corrected an issue where out of era AAs could be purchased on progression servers.

Wonder if this means all the AA's bought that are still there go away when pop hit since they will probably patch on that day?

Sterling

El Presidente
The chanter thing is wild. 22 year old game and now they decide that chanter stun is too strong early on lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The chanter thing is wild. 22 year old game and now they decide that chanter stun is too strong early on lol.

It makes no sense. If they were trying to target AE PLers then this is just a dumb way to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Or they have some clue and feel like enchanters are absurd in early EQ which isn't really wrong.
Nah bad players cried on the forums forever as always and they did some random nerf they think will make the problem go away. It doesn't change anything about PBAE besides the number of chanters you need. This won't fix the "problem" and it's gonna encourage people to cheat and run extra "waterbirded" enchanters.

Putting all PBAE on a single timer is a pretty big nerf to solo/duo charming. It's also a pretty big nerf to enchanters defending against trains.

Sterling

El Presidente
Nah bad players cried on the forums forever as always and they did some random nerf they think will make the problem go away. It doesn't change anything about PBAE besides the number of chanters you need. This won't fix the "problem" and it's gonna encourage people to cheat and run extra "waterbirded" enchanters.

Putting all PBAE on a single timer is a pretty big nerf to solo/duo charming. It's also a pretty big nerf to enchanters defending against trains.
I wasn't suggesting it was a good fix, just that them feeling enchanters needing a nerf isn't exactly out of left field.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I wasn't suggesting it was a good fix, just that them feeling enchanters needing a nerf isn't exactly out of left field.
The "nerf" is directed at the people PBAE powerleveling. This just means PBAE powerlevelers bring more waterbirded enchanters. This nerf fucks over normal enchanter mains and people that wanna do a normal PBAE group.

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe they feel like it's deeper than just the AE groups. Again, I wasn't advocating that it's a good fix, I'm just saying it's not some shocking thing that they decided to nerf enchanters.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pointless nerf that screws over actual players and is at best a temporary inconvenience for for-profit PL teams using automation. Thought I clicked on a WoW thread for a minute.

It's also going to have the side effect of increasing competition for camps. Luclin needs more viable lvl 60 AA spots, not less. GE gate, Chardok kennels, SSRA Mines, maybe IC/OC. If you're not in one of those groups you might as well log off.