Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who thinks skill doesn't exist or matter in EQ needs to raid with someone like Sazzabi sometime. You'll change your mind night one. And if you don't you are so bad you are incapable of seeing skill when it is right in front of you.
Everquest is a 22 year old program designed to be played on dial-up, i'm pretty sure the meta was descovered...oh....20 years ago when all the raids had been beat for the first time and people held 3 camps in low guk. Are you all really praising someone for being able to play Everquest well?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Until you play with one of those guys like bling that are just wildly talented and you realize there's more you could milk from your characters if you're willing. It's not that everyone else is bad... it's that they're mediocre. Or just ignorant of their potential. Having a nec or dru charm with haste then handing it to the enc instead of using enc haste. Pulling with taunt to split an otherwise impossible pack, possibly using cloudies or a cos. These tricks are not hard at all and don't require skill, anyone could do it, but mostly people don't. A while ago most people didn't even try to charm at all for example.
Nah, not saying there aren't good players in the game, or at least players who know more tricks at performing better than others. Just referencing that everyone on the forums are EQ experts that make beating up 3 seals at once seem like child's play with how good their EQing is.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Also, who the hell told Atabishi to let things go and ignore what is being said? He apparently listened and this thread isn't as fun, now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Jack Sparrow

Silver Squire
TEB is literally rotting from the inside out jesus. Even Modest Man survived longer when Phinny was announced, and they had plans to move! You should have heard voice comms last night, what a joke.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Until you play with one of those guys like bling that are just wildly talented and you realize there's more you could milk from your characters if you're willing. It's not that everyone else is bad... it's that they're mediocre. Or just ignorant of their potential. Having a nec or dru charm with haste then handing it to the enc instead of using enc haste. Pulling with taunt to split an otherwise impossible pack, possibly using cloudies or a cos. These tricks are not hard at all and don't require skill, anyone could do it, but mostly people don't. A while ago most people didn't even try to charm at all for example.
One issue with EQ tryharding is there's often no real benefit to doing it. Especially in the context of a guild. I last raided in WoW during Legion up through the 3rd content patch, and even beating the raids on Heroic (the 2nd Tier difficulty) meant that most everyone in the raid needed to be paying attention, doing "decent" DPS etc. To beat content on Mythic required a higher level of execution from everyone, even 1-2 bad people in the raid were usually too many to carry, at least for the early kills before you started to out gear it. On top of that there's a whole other e-peen meta around getting ranked DPS parses and how quickly your guild beats the content for overall guild rankings.

In EQ you can literally be the best guild on the server and have multiple raiders comatose during raids, several smoking crack while watching Netflix etc. I think it's hard developing the motivation to play well when the game simply doesn't require it.

One thing we have kind of enjoyed as we became a live guild is a lot of the raids in the current and previous expansion benefit a lot from really min/maxing DPS. A few months back we went through and did major revamps of our aDPS coordination, we had lots of people start to really step it up and push hard on developing their DPS. It's been kind of nice seeing people step up and actually care, and it was driven because they actually needed to care to beat the content. I don't know what it says about EQ that such effort frankly hadn't been necessary until like expansion 25 out of 27.

Coka

Golden Squire
TEB is literally rotting from the inside out jesus. Even Modest Man survived longer when Phinny was announced, and they had plans to move! You should have heard voice comms last night, what a joke.

I mean we've seen the chat posted in here from previous discussions, pretty standard.

One issue with EQ tryharding is there's often no real benefit to doing it.

Try telling that to King of EverQuest Atabishi first of his name. According to him, he should be made a Lord and written into the game credits above Brad.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's definitely things you can be skilled at in EQ but it's mostly not a skill game the way other games that require more twitchy inputs are. Pulling takes some effort. The thing is though that particularly in early raiding, the threshold for passably mediocre is real, real low, to the point you have to almost actively try to sabotage raids to be a legit problem outside of a couple of roles. The main thing with early EQ is just being attentive and active. That's like 90 percent of it. You can definitely be a tryhard and max out with consumables and all that though for sure if you want to. getting that extra 10 percent can be fun even if it doesn't likely make much difference in the mob falling over or not.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would Atabishi give up and realize once he doesn't have a zerg to help him and try to get other guilds to merge or will he go down with the TEB ship as it is now? I can't see him rerolling on the new servers and being #2 on a server doesn't seem like him either.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Tellmemore.gif

Nec or dru handing it off to the enc is particularly interesting. I'm not familiar with dru at all, but are you talking about necro using Augment/Intensify on a charm pet? I thought that only worked on skeleton pets, not charm pets.

One of the things I like about EQ is how many crazy nuances it has. When I find a useless ability (like the DoTs Berserkers get) my first thought isn't that it's useless...it's "what am I missing here that would make this super-useful"

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any guild leader from a major TLP guild that isnt hated though? lol. Dima might be the only one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Pulling is one of the only fun things about raiding.

Speaking of difficult. Out of everything I've done on these TLPs, kiting the adds during Xegony might be one of the most difficult. I'm not really sure what other events to compare it to since i am not familiar with later on mechanics. Having to balance not aggroing the center mobs and not getting hit and being able to tag the new adds if they spawn on your side. All while you have a pack of nasty mobs that will kill you if they catch you. Very exciting game play compared to 99.99% of what goes on in Everquest. It was refreshing to get a few moments of real danger.

I don't think any guilds really do the kiting strategy anymore. Not that I blame them, it's not really worth doing because killing the adds isn't difficult and if your kiters die, things can go really bad. I just remember on phinny we kited most of the time... Probably only because it never ended up wiping us so we just kept doing it.

As others here are saying, most of the other things we talk about here aren't "difficult". They just require knowledge and effort. Doing things like pulling Vex Thal bosses to the zone in was not difficult. It just took knowledge. I could have taught the worst EQ player in the world how to pull VT in a minute.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Tellmemore.gif

Nec or dru handing it off to the enc is particularly interesting. I'm not familiar with dru at all, but are you talking about necro using Augment/Intensify on a charm pet? I thought that only worked on skeleton pets, not charm pets.

One of the things I like about EQ is how many crazy nuances it has. When I find a useless ability (like the DoTs Berserkers get) my first thought isn't that it's useless...it's "what am I missing here that would make this super-useful"

Look at this shit -

savage.png

• 1Mother of God

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm coming in to a place where im hated. It's the same as when zaide would try to talk in general chat in the TEB discord prior to Aradune/Rizlona launch and Grisvok and others would just shit on him every single day and no one would come to his defense. He was in a place where he was hated. Pretty easy logic.

Calling bullshit.

Zaide's more liked in TEB's discord than you ever were

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
I think its the ones who brag the most about how bad ass they are that get shit on the most, when everyone knows its old content and most of being the "elite" guild is just being the one to get the numbers first.

• 1Like