Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
I could be wrong, maybe I am... but I think the base ruleset of aradune is about the worst for making it through the 80+ game. Inability to box 3+ means that nobody could knock down a lot of the more tedious quest content on their own barring a few clutch duos. Even if YOU don't want to box 3+ it hurts that you can't get carried by someone else that does. On selo for example, where they did make it through all the expansions, a great deal of the nonraid requirements got carried by a few of the 6boxers who repeatedly grouped different people through or ran things for excess taskadds to make sure everyone was set. On aradune you have to break the rules to do that.

you know they offer free transfers from aradune to rizlona right? It's the perfect 2 server set up. We got to enjoy limited boxing during the expansions where it mattered, and then unlike phinny/coirnav/mangler, we can literally get rid of the box limit and truebox all together any time we want. I suspect as early as either during or after the 70's era you will see most if not all aradune guilds transfer to rizlona because by that point unlimited boxing doesn't even matter.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That may be true and how it plays out, but rizlona is more than just no box limits. The entire sever community is built around hacking and self sufficiency. Are people coming from a server that they chose based on the (admittedly underdelivered) promise of limited self boxing solo play and higher gm attention the type who will handle stuff like the farm tasks being permabotted and zero pug groups etc?

It could work out. In theory I agree with you that the potential is there. I think you personally would handle it fine. My doubt is that the more typical araduner would be good with rizlona and not have a meltdown, and already with refugees complaining the server community response has been FUCK OFF KARENDUNER if a transfer comes bitching in ooc or general about someone else's monopolies or hacking. Rizlona has basically no drama anymore because people never complain and just do their own shit; someone with any desire for an interactive community and/or fair access to ow spots is not gonna be so happy.

We'll see I guess!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yerm is very correct. Rizlona is drama free because the type of people who want to impose their play style on others get shuned off the server. No one who willingly plays Aradune for 2 years or more is going to find Rizlona the kind of server they will enjoy. They won't find groups outside of their guild. They will need to do so much on their own, and these people are just used to having other people to help them. That does not exist on Rizlona, and because of that every person currently playing on Rizlona just handles their own shit.

• 1Like

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Aradune might surprise people, I'm not sure yet. It has some disadvantages in long-term because of the supposed "box" limit, but they have a big advantage in launching when thousands of people were home for the pandemic. Those people invested a lot of time in their characters.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aradune might surprise people, I'm not sure yet. It has some disadvantages in long-term because of the supposed "box" limit, but they have a big advantage in launching when thousands of people were home for the pandemic. Those people invested a lot of time in their characters.
LOL

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
If it came to the point where I felt the need to transfer to Rizlona to continue progressing I'd just add a 3rd or 4th account, and figure it out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You don't think that more people played more because they were home more, and therefore might have more of an attachment to their characters?

OK.........

That's 100% based on your feelings and not facts.

It's more likely that people would get burned out and stop logging in if the scenario in your head existed. Just like how everyone drops off after doing PoP for 6-9 months

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Didn't stop a bunch of people basically abandoning Aradune (don't know about Riz) characters to roll on the new round of TLPs, sure some hit the tunnel but a lot of people, myself included just retire the old char and roll up new ones with the same account.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't stop a bunch of people basically abandoning Aradune (don't know about Riz) characters to roll on the new round of TLPs, sure some hit the tunnel but a lot of people, myself included just retire the old char and roll up new ones with the same account.

I'm not sure how many guilds on Aradune were hit in any meaningful way to the new TLP's launching. I'm sure there are guilds that were, but not any that I noticed at the top end. I know that at least guilds like TEB, Altered Minds, Triality, Victorem, Nothing But Nice (some of the largest guilds on aradune) didnt see much of any kind of meaningful raid attendance change at all immediately after Mischief/Thornblade launch. TBC launch however was a different story. I know that TEB at least had WAY more people leave to go play TBC than we did the new tlp's. A combination between TBC launch and summer break definitely hit many guilds on aradune in a meaningful way. But as always on the TLP's guilds adapt and while smaller ones collapse those members go to the big guilds reboosting their numbers. I'm not sure currently what the roster counts of the other guilds are at this time, but TEB is still sitting at a little over 100 active players. TBH my ideal roster going in to GoD would be somewhere between 54-90. I think that's a very good number for guilds going in to GoD and beyond to shoot for in terms of a very healthy guild. That's why we waited about 2 months in to PoP to start recruiting again as we expect the next 3 months to have some sort of burnout on existing players and want to end up going in to GoD somewhere between that 54-90 number.

Mischief/thornblade are free trade servers, so they aren't really TLP killer type servers. People go play on there to mess around and make some krono but most people still go play and raid on whatever server they were playing on. Think about FV...who do you think most of the guilds are on FV that clear raid content? They are mostly guilds from other live servers that go on there to clear content then sell the raid loot to the casual non-raiding audience that play on there. FV is the most popular live server because it's just a combination of players from all the live servers, but their main guilds and characters are still on the live server they play outside of FV.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rizlona saw no appreciable loss in numbers from either Mischief or TBC launch. It is a unique ruleset that serves folks who know what they want. Very little other than the natural attrition that happens over time is going to affect it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't think that more people played more because they were home more, and therefore might have more of an attachment to their characters?

OK........

After 22 years and god knows how many alts on how many accounts, no I don't get attached to a char anymore, I'm jaded.

• 1Solidarity

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
That's 100% based on your feelings and not facts.

It's more likely that people would get burned out and stop logging in if the scenario in your head existed. Just like how everyone drops off after doing PoP for 6-9 months
I love it when people use absolutes of "feelings" and "facts" to discredit one person, while trying to prop up themselves. Always entertaining.

yerm

I love it when people use absolutes of "feelings" and "facts" to discredit one person, while trying to prop up themselves. Always entertaining.

"People might be more attached to their characters because..."

...there is nothing about what you're saying that ISN'T entirely your feelings with no bearing on facts or statistics.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
"People might be more attached to their characters because..."

...there is nothing about what you're saying that ISN'T entirely your feelings with no bearing on facts or statistics.
See, the fun part about my original statement was that it was clearly posed as opinion. I didn't call it fact. Sorry you missed that part and felt the need to get involved.

Meanwhile, the person who you are backing up/defending/or whatever and yourself used a "100%" statement, even though what I said likely is true for some people (note, some, not all or most).

yerm

See, the fun part about my original statement was that it was clearly posed as opinion. I didn't call it fact. Sorry you missed that part and felt the need to get involved.

The post immediately before your silly assertion involved me, as you can notice by my name at the start of it. The post immediately after was a cheap shot burn attempt by you towards the guy I was posting back and forth with. The topic of your opinion is the very topic me and him had been talking about.

But yeah, hey, I am so sorry for feeling the need to get involved.