Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As a player why would I invest time in something a single admin could nuke just because they get mad one day or bored or etc and don't feel like running it anymore.
This is exactly why I refuse to play emus. I invested pretty heavily into a "dad" server (almost all raids were 1 groupable), only for it to get shutdown after a few months. Realized it was really fucking stupid to be investing into something that isn't "professionally" ran.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
This is exactly why I refuse to play emus. I invested pretty heavily into a "dad" server (almost all raids were 1 groupable), only for it to get shutdown after a few months. Realized it was really fucking stupid to be investing into something that isn't "professionally" ran.
Right, the big stable emu (p99) is pretty professionally ran and clearly not going anywhere. But not everyone wants to play a Velious locked EQ. Many of the interesting alternatives only exist for a few months at a time, and are not professionally ran. That's the short of it.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Most people play MMOs to build and advance a character over time. Emus tends to fall into two categories: somewhat faithful emulations of specific eras of EQ (p99, TAK Project probably being the most famous), or ones that try to do some de novo content creation using the engine (Shards of Dalaya, Hidden Forest and EZ Server maybe the most famous of those?)

I think other than p99 and TAK Project most of the emus I mentioned have fallen off hard, I had some friends playing Shards in the last couple years who said it's gotten a bit higher population recently, but nothing like its glory days. So if you want a large community it really comes down to the p99 servers, but p99 is also a very specific type of EverQuest (a Velious-locked server with Rogean rules) that some people just may not want.

The tools are certainly there to do other creative things with EQ Emu, but how many people spin up an emu server that sounds interesting, get bored and shut it down? As a player why would I invest time in something a single admin could nuke just because they get mad one day or bored or etc and don't feel like running it anymore.

I know and It makes me sad. Im having some fun on P99 but there is limited population, of all levels, mostly soloing, and not all over. Great server though. I wish TLPs could be more like that. I tried TLP and saw people max level in 12 hours and im max level casual in 2 weeks and the DPS and Gear is out of control and shit.

There just isnt anything that fits for casuals. I would love an authentic 99 era server that actually had people grouping at all levels, there just isnt the base.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I know and It makes me sad. Im having some fun on P99 but there is limited population, of all levels, mostly soloing, and not all over. Great server though. I wish TLPs could be more like that. I tried TLP and saw people max level in 12 hours and im max level casual in 2 weeks and the DPS and Gear is out of control and shit.

There just isnt anything that fits for casuals. I would love an authentic 99 era server that actually had people grouping at all levels, there just isnt the base.
Yeah man, unfortunately p99 is the closest thing, unless you want to box 2 characters or more and then there's takp. But I don't like the idea of so many boxes, the world just feels empty. P99 has felt really good right now, at least for me personally, first time playing. There's people everywhere. I've played 3 characters so far and not once have I been alone in a zone. There's always been other people leveling, from Misty Thicket to Oasis.

I like the idea of knowing my p99 characters will likely always be there, considering it's been going for so long now. Every TLP feels empty after a month or two, for me personally.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah man, unfortunately p99 is the closest thing, unless you want to box 2 characters or more and then there's takp. But I don't like the idea of so many boxes, the world just feels empty. P99 has felt really good right now, at least for me personally, first time playing. There's people everywhere. I've played 3 characters so far and not once have I been alone in a zone. There's always been other people leveling, from Misty Thicket to Oasis.

I like the idea of knowing my p99 characters will likely always be there, considering it's been going for so long now. Every TLP feels empty after a month or two, for me personally.

YEah Im just stuck in my old ways. I wanted to live my OG character runs, Qeynos to Blackburrow to NRO to Oasis to HighHold to South Karana to Lake of Ill Omen etc

Just zones no one really plays anymore

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Take screenshots, they last longer than the characters you play in game. Any game.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gotta say i was worried about population. But right now we actually have more lon raids then before new server launched. Odd thing pis we got more new player recruits in the last month then any time before that. Maybe people who came for mischief but didnt like the ruleset? Idk.

I dunno how everyone else is doing. But even the bad guilds who are just finishing time now seem OK on numbers not explode like we figured.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
What have I done to piss in your cheerios?

Spent a quarter of my life preserving this game and allowing others to do so, and to explore their creativity in their own way. I don't understand how that gives the entire emu a negative reputation, in fact, it's the opposite.

If you're talking about how opinionated I am in comparison to others, well, guess what: that's life. You will meet people you don't agree with and some of them will be more vocal than others in expressing their opinions, and different in comfort levels of accepting opinions, and on various different subjects.

Focus on facts. Simply going up to someone and saying "An entire community has a negative reputation because of one person" is not factual or based in reality. That's like saying Zaide, Mabbu or Atabashi represents every EQLive player. If you have a problem with me, tell it to my face and back it up with facts; I have done far more benefits than harm in my time on emu.

If you have a way to beneficially contribute to the conversation, and have experience doing so, ie; "EQLive developers are exploring those mediums, and I have been a primary force in telling them as such with x documentation and review", or "I've tried improving the game through emu firsthand and didn't have a great experience because x was too complex to utilize", then maybe your opinion would be remotely based in fact and actionable. As it stands, you sound like a whiny child who is throwing a tantrum because you've heard of me, and hate me because of what you've heard, and judge and dismiss an entire collective of people because of the selective actions of one person that you decided know 'of', but not actually 'know'.
Thank you for your service.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
nbc police GIF

• 1Worf

Coka

Golden Squire
Gotta say i was worried about population. But right now we actually have more lon raids then before new server launched. Odd thing pis we got more new player recruits in the last month then any time before that. Maybe people who came for mischief but didnt like the ruleset? Idk.

I dunno how everyone else is doing. But even the bad guilds who are just finishing time now seem OK on numbers not explode like we figured.

Which guild are you with?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Guilds will begin folding soon if not already, so surviving guilds experiencing a flood of new recruits isn't necessarily indicative of good health or anything.

I think contamination have folded, each expac another guild or 2 will fold or merge with other guilds. Take a look back through Phinnyprogress, Manglerprogress etc sites.

Every new expac there is typically 1-2 less guilds

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
If you're benching people for 72 raids you might have problems when they drop to 54 in a week. 54 is more than enough to clear time at this point also

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're benching people for 72 raids you might have problems when they drop to 54 in a week. 54 is more than enough to clear time at this point also
We thought that, but then we were very unsurprised when PLENTY of people had no problems sitting out on LDoN raids. GoD raids, on the other hand, will be an issue.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guilds will begin folding soon if not already, so surviving guilds experiencing a flood of new recruits isn't necessarily indicative of good health or anything.

I think contamination have folded, each expac another guild or 2 will fold or merge with other guilds. Take a look back through Phinnyprogress, Manglerprogress etc sites.

Every new expac there is typically 1-2 less guilds
We thought that. Im sure it will be true eventually. But right now all the people joining in the last month are legit newbros. Its possible i think the very high number of real players and lack of box army will actually help Aradune,?

Contamination did break up. But we did not recruit any of them.

Ourw

Coka

Golden Squire
The US guilds who aren't too serious but still raid effectively usually last the longest. The US guilds who come in zerg the first few expansions and post a load of shit on the forums/Discord or act like pricks 99% of the time, don't.

Simple concept, slow and steady wins the race. This is why I think Altered Minds will take over server number 1 slot in the coming expansions.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Slow and steady or fast and hard, it doesn't matter. It all comes down to leadership. Atabishi can't garner respect from his own mother.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
What does number 1 really mean when content isn't even challenging?

All encounters are well known and get downed first attempt, so it really comes down to which guild's leadership wants to push their members the hardest to get it all done in a night or 2.