Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can barely get through classic on a new TLP. Doing the grind on Agnarr was enough for me. Classic is just so incredibly boring and unfun to me. imo pop is very ideal in terms of player power and what you can do.
Yeah, I'm fucking loving Mischief, but I don't think I could do another TLP that starts in classic, or even Kunark, unless we're talking super fast unlocks like Selo's.

I feel like Luclin is the bare minimum. You get BST, major QoL in spire ports/bazaar, plenty of content/leveling areas at that point, etc. People that want to jerk off to a "classic" experience honestly just need to go play P99 and quit fucking up TLPs with their Karening.

• 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Coka

Golden Squire
I have been casually playing on Thornblade and the loot pinata is great.

To be honest I don't enjoy EQ until at least Omens and even then DoN was weak for me.

I really need to do DoDH and later. Will revisit Aradune once we get that far I think.

PoP is only good for PoK. Most of the zones are shit to exp in pretty much.

GoD next and that is also a terrible expansion. Tac'vi is fine and maybe a bit of Txevu except the last boss which is a long dull as fuck encounter.

Everyone gets horny over goats though 😂

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My brother and I were talking about this just last night. I think a lot of people (myself included) is tired of the old content and starting over in general. We've done so many TLPs, that I think it has played itself out... at least for us.

I like the Mischief server's ruleset all except for a couple things; truebox and experience grind.

Truebox Must Die
Plain and simple, truebox has to go. It just isn't practical for the longevity of the game, and the simple fact is that it's widely abused by those who know how to abuse it. The only people truebox is keeping from playing multiple characters on one computer are the casual players. Those people basically get fucked by the rule that was supposed to protect them.

Truebox needs to die, and never be done again. And, by die, I mean they need to remove the rule from all TLP servers immediately. Don't create another TLP server a year from now and announce it wont have truebox. No. Fuck that. Fix the existing TLP servers.

Enough with the Experience Grind already
As for experience grind, yeah I get it. Grinding is kinda fun, but it has its limits. The level 1 to 20 range is great. You move along at a great pace. The mid levels are a little more annoying, and then you get to level 40 where everything goes to complete shit. The grind from 40 to 60 is an old outdated game design that needs to be put out to pasture. And, no. I am not saying I can't get to 60. I've done it more times on more servers than I care to admit. It's just fucking got old after the millionth time.

They need to make the experience curve after 20 feel like the 30 to 40 range all the way up to max level. I realize that some of you have absolutely no life, and love to dedicate 40+ hours a week to playing a game. Some of us actually grew up, have a job, friends, and a lot of expensive toys not related to video gaming that we would like to spend some of our free time on rather than spending every waking hour in a game just to get the most out of it.

I'm Done With Raiding
That being said, I'm done with raiding. I went hard on some of the past TLPs as well as easy on some of the other TLPs, and at this point, I'm just fucking over it. Call me a selfish lazy old bastard, but I just don't fucking see the appeal in showing up on a schedule two to three nights a week to earn virtual points that I can use to bid on gear in a future raid. It feels like a fucking job, and I already have a full time job that I love very much. I don't need another fucking job.

In the end, after you dedicate all that time in to your second job of raiding, the server eventually dies. Don't believe me, fine. Go play on any old TLP server, and let me know how populated it is now.

This is one reason I like the Mischief ruleset because I don't have to raid to get the raid gear that I want or need. I can buy it from those people that chose to take up that second career of playing a video game for a living. Good for them. I get to go cruising on Harley, hang out with friends, and do shit in the real world.

And....
Back to the point of this discussion. I will probably play VERY casually on Mischief until later expansions. Just like some of you, my brother and I are both tired of repeating the same old content. I don't see myself putting many hours per week in to the Mischief server anymore until it reaches at least Luclin at which point I will go buy all your uber raid gear in the bizarre for next to nothing. Keep up that second job yall. I'm counting on you to feed cheap gear to my alts.

• 2Brony
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My brother and I were talking about this just last night. I think a lot of people (myself included) is tired of the old content and starting over in general. We've done so many TLPs, that I think it has played itself out... at least for us.

I like the Mischief server's ruleset all except for a couple things; truebox and experience grind.

Truebox Must Die
Plain and simple, truebox has to go. It just isn't practical for the longevity of the game, and the simple fact is that it's widely abused by those who know how to abuse it. The only people truebox is keeping from playing multiple characters on one computer are the casual players. Those people basically get fucked by the rule that was supposed to protect them.

Truebox needs to die, and never be done again. And, by die, I mean they need to remove the rule from all TLP servers immediately. Don't create another TLP server a year from now and announce it wont have truebox. No. Fuck that. Fix the existing TLP servers.

Enough with the Experience Grind already
As for experience grind, yeah I get it. Grinding is kinda fun, but it has its limits. The level 1 to 20 range is great. You move along at a great pace. The mid levels are a little more annoying, and then you get to level 40 where everything goes to complete shit. The grind from 40 to 60 is an old outdated game design that needs to be put out to pasture. And, no. I am not saying I can't get to 60. I've done it more times on more servers than I care to admit. It's just fucking got old after the millionth time.

They need to make the experience curve after 20 feel like the 30 to 40 range all the way up to max level. I realize that some of you have absolutely no life, and love to dedicate 40+ hours a week to playing a game. Some of us actually grew up, have a job, friends, and a lot of expensive toys not related to video gaming that we would like to spend some of our free time on rather than spending every waking hour in a game just to get the most out of it.

I'm Done With Raiding
That being said, I'm done with raiding. I went hard on some of the past TLPs as well as easy on some of the other TLPs, and at this point, I'm just fucking over it. Call me a selfish lazy old bastard, but I just don't fucking see the appeal in showing up on a schedule two to three nights a week to earn virtual points that I can use to bid on gear in a future raid. It feels like a fucking job, and I already have a full time job that I love very much. I don't need another fucking job.

In the end, after you dedicate all that time in to your second job of raiding, the server eventually dies. Don't believe me, fine. Go play on any old TLP server, and let me know how populated it is now.

This is one reason I like the Mischief ruleset because I don't have to raid to get the raid gear that I want or need. I can buy it from those people that chose to take up that second career of playing a video game for a living. Good for them. I get to go cruising on Harley, hang out with friends, and do shit in the real world.

And....
Back to the point of this discussion. I will probably play VERY casually on Mischief until later expansions. Just like some of you, my brother and I are both tired of repeating the same old content. I don't see myself putting many hours per week in to the Mischief server anymore until it reaches at least Luclin at which point I will go buy all your uber raid gear in the bizarre for next to nothing. Keep up that second job yall. I'm counting on you to feed cheap gear to my alts.

So, you don't want to XP grind, you don't want to raid, and you don't even want to hunt for group gear because you want to buy raid gear... why exactly do you want to play? To go to PoK and preen? Maybe EQ is no longer the game for you.

rights saudi GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, you don't want to XP grind, you don't want to raid, and you don't even want to hunt for group gear because you want to buy raid gear... why exactly do you want to play? To go to PoK and preen? Maybe EQ is no longer the game for you.

rights saudi GIF
LOL... I didn't say I didn't want to grind experience nor hunt group gear. I said that I don't want the experience grind to be too excessive and I am tired of doing raids where you have to rely on a large group of people. I'd honestly be ok with 20 man raid content. That would be fucking ideal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m with you dude. 10 hour grind sessions were super cool in middle school when I was home from school at 330 and eating pudding packs with the homies, not so much when I get home at 530 and have grown up shit to do. I just catch a stream here and there and honestly don’t feel disappointed when I’m “missing out” on reeclearing that 5th set of repops for another 4% exp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Selo's was the best TLP. And it's not even close.
Selo's would've been perfect for me NOW, problem was my job was insanely time consuming in the period Selo's released, so the 4 week unlock schedule was just brutal. Had it been 6 weeks or had Selo's release today, it'd have definitely been my favorite.

That said, Truebox absolutely needs to die. The Karens are mad because "multiboxers" totally ruin their experience, when those people are going to find a way to circumvent any rule you instate. And like was said, the longevity of the game basically requires truebox elimination, because there are very few people left on the server after PoP, but especially around the time OoW is going to end.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Selo unlocks with normal DZ unlocks but extra loot in DZs would be amazing. The half dz lockouts made raiding endless though. that shit was too much.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, you are mad at the buffet, because you kept going back till you ate yourself to death?

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think its probably stemming from the fact that Kunark is getting way to long in the tooth and it still has what, 2 and a half weeks left? I havent played in a few days because Im just bored to f'n tears with Kunark and Im not alone in that regard. People were already clocking out till Velious 2-3 weeks ago. With as much loot thats dropping, you complete your main characters BIS rather quickly. Which is probably another reason to change the True Box ruleset. SoV and SoL at 8 weeks is going to be a bit much, but not by a huge margin since there is arguably way more shit to do in those expansions. But I am not looking forward to LOY/LDON time frames at f'n all...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think its probably stemming from the fact that Kunark is getting way to long in the tooth and it still has what, 2 and a half weeks left? I havent played in a few days because Im just bored to f'n tears with Kunark and Im not alone in that regard. People were already clocking out till Velious 2-3 weeks ago. With as much loot thats dropping, you complete your main characters BIS rather quickly. Which is probably another reason to change the True Box ruleset. SoV and SoL at 8 weeks is going to be a bit much, but not by a huge margin since there is arguably way more shit to do in those expansions. But I am not looking forward to LOY/LDON time frames at f'n all...
I think SoL at 8 weeks is mostly fine because of BST and AA. SoV at 8 weeks is going to be fucking rough. I'm already contemplating skipping SoV completely. I might work on a few epics and some alts, but that's about the extent of it, I think.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It seems strange to skip SOV unless you don't plan on raiding. Pretty massive power boost over kunark. If you have a tank class I don't think you're going to get better group gear upgrades in sol than the various armor options in SOV.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It seems strange to skip SOV unless you don't plan on raiding. Pretty massive power boost over kunark. If you have a tank class I don't think you're going to get better group gear upgrades in sol than the various armor options in SOV.
I'll probably farm some plate house upgrades and call it good, honestly. I doubt I'll do any heavy raiding in ToV. With the way loot works on this server, raiding isn't really an absolute necessity.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
selos wasnt fun for a casual dad. i played until dodh and then it was just too much work trying to do expansion quests, grind, raid (keys/flags)... the 1 month unlock was just too short imo - make it 2 and we got a deal

i take it back - it WAS fun and it gave me a great dose of EQ every time logging in cause there was always new shit to do... but it came to a point where i just got too behind - and then it also felt like a lot of the shit i did was meaningless cause in 1 month there'd be something better to do.

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The half lockouts really burned out way too many friends on Selo.

People feel compelled to raid or they think they are missing out.

I think it would nice to set it to 6 week expansions, double loot, normal lockouts to help curb burnout.

Luclin launch was amazing. Luclin raids with the guild, fun older content raids for gdkp on the weekends.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Last half of Kunark is always insane for attrition. Velious will probably suck too because you beat it in one day and it is the most boring raiding in EQ.

• 1Rustled

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The reason Selo's was the best, was the Luclin launch. The fact that you could level and immediately AA meant you could progress to your hearts content and not be artificially stuck waiting for months for the new expansion launches.

It is pretty simple. If the game is fun you will play it till you hit the progression wall where your only option is to create alts or stop logging in. Selo's didn't have this problem and it was incredible. There was always something to do and the quick content releases meant it never got stale.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The half lockouts really burned out way too many friends on Selo.

People feel compelled to raid or they think they are missing out.

I think it would nice to set it to 6 week expansions, double loot, normal lockouts to help curb burnout.

Luclin launch was amazing. Luclin raids with the guild, fun older content raids for gdkp on the weekends.
Maybe people shouldn’t be cucks.

• 2Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
1 month was perfect for the 1/2 LO timer. By the time the month was up you were getting bored of current content but it wasnt an issue as new one was right around the corner.

1 month could still work with double loot.

I think 2 months would just have you bored after a month and then wait another month for new stuff.