Everspace (Space shooter)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
O wonder if there's day 1 updates to content etc or sober I own, can I sagely play now

They said you can play now at your own discretion but you will miss content and some things might mess up if you start early.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I checked. its still listed as Everspace 2 (game preview)on pc gamepass for me.

see gamerant claiming gamepass version is supposed to upgrade to release though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
ProtonDB says playable on the Deck but last comments were almost a year ago.

Anyone try it out? Seems like it'd be a great travel game if decent controls/ runs well/ can play offline.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I checked. its still listed as Everspace 2 (game preview)on pc gamepass for me.

see gamerant claiming gamepass version is supposed to upgrade to release though.
Further clarity for Gamepass!
If you have the game installed, it should update automatically at launch to an almost-full release build (this is to circumvent certification delays, so you can play as soon as possible). Our best guess ETA would be around a week when the true 1.0 goes live on Gamepass. Playing this build won't miss anything between saves, so you can freely start without the need to restart again.

Essentially there's a slight difference as we had to push it early to get it through Microsoft certification. You won't miss anything from the content, but we're constantly refining and polishing.

For the last few weeks we've been in polishing & refining phase, which is generally what happens very close to launch. All content is in so you'll see very little difference.
(That's three separate posts combined, in case you're wondering why he seems to be repeating himself a bit.)

Update wasn't available right at 1EDT, but I assume it'll show up soon.

• 1Like

Vorph

Now they're saying tomorrow:

UPDATE for Game Pass: It looks like we have to wait a day for some kind of re-certification as this is their process and it cannot be circumvented(!!!).

Ugh. I'm sorry guys. If there's anything else we can do to push this out the door, we will.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just started updating on Gamepass now, so guess they managed to push the temp 0.99? build. Update is 25.4 gigs.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
For how mediocre it looks, it certainly wants a lot of graphics card. It’s quite odd to see 100% usage and a struggle to hit 90 fps at 1440UW.

• 1Seriously?

Vorph

I think it looks quite good with everything maxed out, but I agree about the performance. It chugs at times when there's really no reason for it to do so. Generally not while actually in combat though, so it's not really a big deal. From what I've been reading elsewhere, FSR doesn't seem to be working (properly? at all?) yet either. And it definitely does hammer on my GPU (99%) while leaving the CPU damn near idle (less than 15%).

Overall the game's pretty good, but it's starting to feel repetitive and I'm only just leaving the first system. Hopefully things get more interesting once I get into blue and purple drops because doing 11 long levels with just whites and greens hasn't been very compelling. Mostly because the stats in this game aren't +1 gooder... it's more like +0.01 gooder when you look at the actual effect they have on your ship.

I did switch over to the drone ship, but the drones are really fragile and having to travel to the wrecks to repair or make new ones is rather tedious. Maybe the bomber ship will be more my style, going to try that next once I save up a pile of cash again.

Edit: Oh, and one lesson I learned the hard way -- ship passives are really important and they appear to be permanent. So make sure you don't blow ~$100k on a ship that doesn't have the correct passives, like I did on my drone ship that's missing the all-important '+1 drone' perk.

Last edited:

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Edit: Oh, and one lesson I learned the hard way -- ship passives are really important and they appear to be permanent. So make sure you don't blow ~$100k on a ship that doesn't have the correct passives, like I did on my drone ship that's missing the all-important '+1 drone' perk.
Yeah this is huge difference for something that isn't explained well.

I think fun factor really needs to be thought about in terms of the classic ARPG. There is left clicking classes, right clicking classes, spammy classes, summoner-ish class, a rogue like class, etc. I do agree the game feels repetitive but switching classes to a gameplay that you would traditionally like in an ARPG could help.

Caliane

I think starsector could learn a bit from this games distress calls.

• 1Like