Everything Options

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote covered calls on PLTR. $35 strike for Nov. expiry. 60 cent premium. Gonna feast on the time value and close the next downturn. It has been working great the last few cycles.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote the $7.5 strike puts on ASTR for $1 premium. November expiry. They should have the rocket launch rescheduled by then.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote the $7.5 strike puts on ASTR for $1 premium. November expiry. They should have the rocket launch rescheduled by then.
Somebody bought heavy on that strike this morning...

1630505509783.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked up some UVXY 24Sept $20C options at $2.44

Let's hope people want to risk-off tomorrow before the holiday weekend.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, good lesson in playing small while learning new trading. Options I have the least knowledge of, but have done a ton of reading over the past 6 months and dabbling with small contracts. Apparenly TOS defaults to 10 contracts and I accidentally ended up going short on UVXY calls (sold naked calls) while the SPY was still dropping. Shit my pants and wiped out my overnight gain for -$23 after closing both long and short positions.

Lesson learned. Apparenly you can change default on options orders.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well, good lesson in playing small while learning new trading. Options I have the least knowledge of, but have done a ton of reading over the past 6 months and dabbling with small contracts. Apparenly TOS defaults to 10 contracts and I accidentally ended up going short on UVXY calls (sold naked calls) while the SPY was still dropping. Shit my pants and wiped out my overnight gain for -$23 after closing both long and short positions.

Lesson learned. Apparenly you can change default on options orders.
I still do small quantities of options. If I could devote 8 hours a day to nothing but investing I would be more big ball, but running companies is still my bread and butter and this is still my hobby.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought more NCLH calls at 25, lets see if I can keep flipping this bad boy

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote some F puts Oct expiry $12 strike. 28 cent premium. If they exercise I will add to my long position.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold covered calls on my SPIR. At the money calls $10 strike Oct expiry 75 cent premium.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought more NCLH calls at 25, lets see if I can keep flipping this bad boy
Bought the OCT monthlies $25C again here at $1.54 .. I made 100% on this last play and sold when it hit $26.30. I look at this as a free trade.

Just trying to trade the range.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought the OCT monthlies $25C again here at $1.54 .. I made 100% on this last play and sold when it hit $26.30. I look at this as a free trade.

Just trying to trade the range.

I have both Sep and Oct 25 calls, but will probably sell at least the sep ones when it hits 25.50. Right now the 50 MA is acting as resistance

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote the $40 strike PLTR calls, expiry Nov 19 (after earnings). Got 30 cents. Its risky going after earnings, but if i get assigned at $40 its a 300% gain. I'll suffer through it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users