Everything Options

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Time to recharge my monthly CCs up and down most of my portfolio. Here is the strategy I think I am crystalizing on:

Go to each position and think to myself, at what strike would I probably want to take profits on this stock anyways?

Then I aim a bit higher and that is the strike I focus in on.

Then I go into the option chain and look at what premium I'll get for the monthly at that strike and since I got a month to go I'll set my premium way above current asking and just make it good until canceled and wait for the stock to pop sometime in the future to hit that premium.

Too much in the recent past I asked for a slightly higher premium then current market, only to see it moon way past that the very same day. How much higher to set my limit premium is the question, I'm thinking something ridiculous for now like double current market or double current ask on each contract. I've seen shit like TRIT, CCIV, and others triple like hours after i've cold CCs on it so why not?

I know I bitch about losing shares to CCs, but I think this strategy maybe best for me. I can't do puts because I don't hold cash. Holding CCs gives me guaranteed premium OR guaranteed sales of the stock at a much higher price which is beyond the price i'd be happy to sell anyways. It also takes away the stress of watching a volatile stock rise up and paper handing a too soon sale. How can I be pissed at myself for selling high strikes for double the original (start of month) premium? If they don't hit, then oh well, I still am holding the stock to fight the next battle with.

I think selling monthlies is good because as people mentioned the volume is better and also it gives time for my "good until canceled" piggish premiums to hit. I don't have time for shitty premiums cluttering up my positions screens anyways.

Does all this sound logical?

(and as far as PLTR which I've vowed to diamond hands, I am thinking...thinking maybe set them for the HIGHEST strike possible so that shit never hits- but then watch it hit. Still thinking about this one. I've held these shares since IPO and been thinking of all that premium I could of made since then. But I sure as HELL don't want to lose those shares until at least long term gains hits at the one year mark. I dunno jury is still out , but you fuck up when you don't follow the plan, and the plan was buy the shares and forget about them until they send you to the promised land).

As always, I type all this shit out for mine and your benefit. Its good to hear different thought processes.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Time to recharge my monthly CCs up and down most of my portfolio. Here is the strategy I think I am crystalizing on:

Go to each position and think to myself, at what strike would I probably want to take profits on this stock anyways?

Then I aim a bit higher and that is the strike I focus in on.

Then I go into the option chain and look at what premium I'll get for the monthly at that strike and since I got a month to go I'll set my premium way above current asking and just make it good until canceled and wait for the stock to pop sometime in the future to hit that premium.

Too much in the recent past I asked for a slightly higher premium then current market, only to see it moon way past that the very same day. How much higher to set my limit premium is the question, I'm thinking something ridiculous for now like double current market or double current ask on each contract. I've seen shit like TRIT, CCIV, and others triple like hours after i've cold CCs on it so why not?

I know I bitch about losing shares to CCs, but I think this strategy maybe best for me. I can't do puts because I don't hold cash. Holding CCs gives me guaranteed premium OR guaranteed sales of the stock at a much higher price which is beyond the price i'd be happy to sell anyways. It also takes away the stress of watching a volatile stock rise up and paper handing a too soon sale. How can I be pissed at myself for selling high strikes for double the original (start of month) premium? If they don't hit, then oh well, I still am holding the stock to fight the next battle with.

I think selling monthlies is good because as people mentioned the volume is better and also it gives time for my "good until canceled" piggish premiums to hit. I don't have time for shitty premiums cluttering up my positions screens anyways.

Does all this sound logical?

(and as far as PLTR which I've vowed to diamond hands, I am thinking...thinking maybe set them for the HIGHEST strike possible so that shit never hits- but then watch it hit. Still thinking about this one. I've held these shares since IPO and been thinking of all that premium I could of made since then. But I sure as HELL don't want to lose those shares until at least long term gains hits at the one year mark. I dunno jury is still out , but you fuck up when you don't follow the plan, and the plan was buy the shares and forget about them until they send you to the promised land).

As always, I type all this shit out for mine and your benefit. Its good to hear different thought processes.
If it is an established stock with a history then use the options strategy tool in ATP. Don't guess at strikes, use the math to give you backtested percentages.

1613999968229.png

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
If it is an established stock with a history then use the options strategy tool in ATP. Don't guess at strikes, use the math to give you backtested percentages.

But I don't want a easily predicted and/or "fundamental" based premium. I want INSANE premium... I don't have the will to compete with mathematically sound big money, I'm here to ride irrational waves.

Think of it as positive emotional exuberance strategy. "oh NIVIDIA has not moved much in forever, premium sucks. Who cares, I'm setting a super high strike and super high premium in hopes a surprise merger with ARM gets green lighted out the blue" Otherwise hold and wait.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But I don't want a easily predicted and/or "fundamental" based premium. I want INSANE premium... I don't have the will to compete with mathematically sound big money, I'm here to ride irrational waves.
Oh. In that case here is all the analysis you need...

mike tyson darts GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rolled the dice on SNDL puts - 2/26 1.5$ strike, was able to get .20 which is over 10% ROR for just 1 week. Also sold covered calls on WWR 15$ and VLDR 25$ for about 5% ROR each. I still want to get some FUBO puts but need to free up some cash.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my PSTH $30 strike puts. I had bought them on the hope for a merger announcement last week at the shareholder meeting. Alas there was none. Out with 35% profit for a couple of weeks hold. I will wait for a significant dip to write more. I still have the 22.5 strikes that might close for a nickle today or tomorrow.

I am looking at the puts I have written that are 50% + in profit already and might start closing to prep for a possible market correction.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Took profits off the board an a good number of my riskier put positions. What felt safe a week ago doesnt feel so safe today.

• 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Probably going to get assigned VLDR unless a miracle happens. Mar 19 25 calls are selling for 1.75, not too bad really. Also going to be adding FUBO to my weekly puts, has been trading over 42 for almost a month and you can sell the 39 put and still pick up over 2% ROR for one week.
Looks like I may be joining you in the VLDR long club. They will haven't said what the CEO and his old lady did to get removed.

• 1Worf

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold puts on LOW, DOCU, LMT, VZ and CRM today. I'm done selling 3/19 puts. The complete list for the month.

Capture.JPG

Will update at expiration if any closed in the money.

Final premium collected $8,686

• 2Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold puts on LOW, DOCU, LMT, VZ and CRM today. I'm done selling 3/19 puts. The complete list for the month.

View attachment 336981

You wrote the XLU, huh? That would never have occurred to me.

Odd as it sounds, AAPL is the one I would feel has a good chance of assignment. Or.. scratch that. I think there is a good chance AAPL dips below $120, but yeah it should recover by 3/19 I would hope.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You wrote the XLU, huh? That would never have occurred to me.

Odd as it sounds, AAPL is the one I would feel has a good chance of assignment. Or.. scratch that. I think there is a good chance AAPL dips below $120, but yeah it should recover by 3/19 I would hope.

XLU was just one contract sometimes when I have a smaller sum left over in an account I find something to fill it. I was hoping to get some of them at least, but right now timing looks not on my side as even if we get the full correction to hit my strikes it may happen too fast for me to flip to buying the equity near expiration before they bounce. Too early to tell yet if we are entering a corrective period like Late Aug thru Oct or if this is just another quick check of the 50d ma. Should have a better feel after this week. I'm hoping we just hang out in this range for awhile.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

View attachment 336981

Made a lot of changes this morning. Reasoning is that the tech sell off is the a better near term opportunity than the low beta trades (which right now are working). I closed the following positions this morning to free up capital:

ABBV
T
DLR
JNJ
LMT
PEP
XLU
KO
PG
VZ
WMT
These where all closed at even or for small gains, exception strong gain in LMT and $5 loss in JNJ.

Total Premium for the month is now lowered to $7,885

I'm confident I can make up that decline of $801 in premium by reinvesting the cash in the more beat up names.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought AMZN, MSFT, and AAPL
Sold puts on QQQ $310strike 3/19 @ $6.00

Total Premium collected now $9,139

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was able to buy out my VLDR 25$ calls for .40 yesterday on the dip. Have order in to try to get .80 for 22.5$, if it hits that'll be a total of 1.80 premium gained on the mar 19 expiry

• 1Tendies

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was able to snag the VLDR 22.5 at .80 when it kissed 17.00 earlier.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just wrote some CCIV $20 April puts. Got $1.20. Any type of move up past 40 and these should be bottom out close to zero. Doubled the contracts just now on the retest of the low. Got $1.60 on these. $1.40 average.

Last edited: