Evil Dead Remake

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
It's one of the better horror movies to come out in a long time. It's worth seeing.
It's no original, and as mentioned the lead is no Bruce Campbell but as an all out horror movie goes, it's better than most horror movies to come out within recent years.
I rank it up there with Cabin in the Woods.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
This is better than Cabin. The first half of Cabin was horror, the 2nd part wasn't. I don't know how anyone could consider it in its entirety a true horror film.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
The violence was cringe inducing and awesome. As said the lead male actor was lacking. One part of the story made the gf and I go "WTF". All in all, we both really enjoyed it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I went into this pretty excited.

I left feeling pretty disappointed, I wasn't a fan of it really. Maybe my expectations were to high.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm fine with there being no Ash per say, I mean I didn't want them to try super hard to clone the original as that would have been a recipe for disaster.

I just think I went in expecting it to be one of my favorites leaving the theater and it wasn't. It was good, I enjoyed it...just didn't deliver to me personally what I was hopeful for i guess.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea

If you go in expecting a movie to become your favorite.. you're probably going to leave a majority of movies dissapointed

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While I think the ring was terrible, does cabin in the woods count as horror because that was probably my favorite horror in the last 15 years

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Saw this with the girlfriend last night. We both really enjoyed it.

Good horror flick. Wasn't disappointed at all.

Grez

Molten Core Raider
It's a bit heavy on the gore, so for those of you who don't like gore (like my gf) you may not enjoy it as much. I think I would have done a bunch of things differently, such as more psychological horror (ie. the demons in the originals were far more communicative and what they said was disturbing, not so much this time around, they were either silent, flung childish insults, or played on emotions -- there really wasn't any back-and-fourth, but maybe an extended version will have some?). In the end, it's a great horror movie and I think it has earned its place in the Evil Dead series.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This movie was awesome. In almost every modern horror film they use cgi effects and monsters and it really sucks; in this movie they went totally old school and it paid off. This is what people want to see! This is a case of low tech being so much better than high tech. I don't know what people went into this expecting, but I went in expecting to see a demon movie with a ton of gore and that's what I got. Was not disappointed and may see it again. The ending was exactly what I had hoped it would be.

If you're squeamish I don't even know why the fuck you'd go see this.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Oh he's in there, just gotta stay for after the credits
wink.png

Yes it's a cameo but it still counts.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I really enjoyed this. Very, very, very, very few cheesy parts. Tons of gore. I jumped a few times. Fun shit. I loved it.