Evil

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Evil

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2019-09-26

Creator: Robert King, Michelle King

Cast: Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Emerson, Brooklyn Shuck, Skylar Gray, Maddy Crocco, Dalya Knapp, Kurt Fuller, Christine Lahti, Marti Matulis

Overview: Skeptical female clinical psychologist Kristen Benoist joins a priest-in-training and a blue-collar contractor as they investigate supposed miracles, demonic possessions, and other extraordinary occurrences to see if there’s a scientific explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw a preview for it during football, haven't seen any episodes, looks good tho, episodes released so far all have good reception according to Google / Wiki. Intrigued.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Could have sworn we had a thread for this because a few people said they tuned out after the SJW second episode. Looking past that it is a moderately enjoyable background show. Will stick with it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Watched the first episode so far. Michael Emerson as a bad guy? Sign me up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Could have sworn we had a thread for this because a few people said they tuned out after the SJW second episode. Looking past that it is a moderately enjoyable background show. Will stick with it.

before i started the thread i searched for it, couldn't find it. if it exists it doesn't have the word "Evil" in its thread title.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I think it was brought up in another thread where people mentioned the SJW stuff (like they do with every thread on this site).

• 2Salty
  • 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
started this on Netflix. it was super tame at first. very silly with "evil" lawyer shit. still fairly captivating as it goes.
epi 7 and 8 get real bad with retarded anti-white racist shit. oh, and this incel shit.

still not sure what to make of the main protagonist cheating on her husband. who is largely portrayed as the bad guy, for taking a job that makes him leave his family for 3 months.

5 more epi to go.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
This show is C-tier X-Files for religion and none of the characters act like real humans. The horde of crotch goblins screaming over each other every time mom or dad asks a question is the most realistic part of the show.

• 3Like

Daidraco

I wouldnt say this is riveting by any means, but I enjoyed it being on as I was playing games. Take that for what its worth.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Watching with wife. Not too bad.

There's a few absolute cringe moments though randomly thrown in.

The 8chan/incel stuff. When Daily Show guy said they want him to "renounce his Muslim religion". And the sound editor "changing voices of POC". Just totally out of nowhere and so badly set-up and written.

Also not done yet but 1 pretty questionable plot hole:

Psychology lady saw the birth of a demon goblin in a corn field and never followed up?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Evil teeters a line very well of is this real or circumstantial - but that's a dangerous line, one bad episode could tank the whole thing like a mystery series that becomes lame once the mystery is revealed. I'm not done with season one and they haven't botched it yet. Just finished incel episode. Preying on them makes sense, their dialogue didn't. USA stuff was all cringe.

Also, main actress watches the lips of her coworkers waiting for her turn to say her own lines and once you see it can become distracting.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got this. Thought it was pretty good. Couple weird moments, but overall I would give it a 7/10.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally got this. Thought it was pretty good. Couple weird moments, but overall I would give it a 7/10.

Don’t remember where I stopped but do remember enjoying it quite a bit. Did it wrap up and end or are we waiting on Season 2?

Daidraco

Hopefully the show gets back to more miracles / hauntings, rather than whatever drama-oriented sitcom is was going for towards the end of season 1. The ham fisted SJW stuff was ignorable, but I may be hoping for too much if they get rid of those moments.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 got pushed onto the Paramount + streaming service. Thank god for the internet. So sick of all these streaming services now.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This show is great, skirts the line as to what is explainable and what is not.
the incel accidently shooting himself had me rolling. I may have missed something but did she just forget about the cornfield baby monster?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database