Evolve - from makers of L4D

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Gets boring as shit within about 10 games. Most definitely not worth 60 but probably around 20-30.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Couple buddies and I said fuck it and got it from GMG. Will report back with my findings.

spronk

FPS noob
with majora's mask and monster hunter 4 (3ds) coming out this friday and Order 1886 coming out next week I'd only bother with Evolve if you (1) have a few friends who will play with you (2) love multiplayer FPS games.

do not try to play solo, it'll be a frustrating mess of shitty teams losing all the time and you unable to do a thing about it.

game will also be $20 and less in 2-3 months, and a full goty edition with all DLCs by fall. its very much gonna be like titanfall in that regard

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Got to level 8 tonight, and unlocked the second assault and trapper.

Definitely is a blast if you have friends or a solid group. At first as a hunter it sucked since it felt like it was impossible to catch a monster. Once we started figuring out abilities and got more comfortable with movement, it went a lot better.

I understand why they dont let parties rotate into the monster slot, but I wish they would. After playing with the same group (besides my friends) it became a lot of fun to talk after the round about how hard the monster had to work to win, or vice versa.

Graphics looked nice to me, and if you play the evacuation mode, there are enough changes between rounds to keep it interesting (if the monster wins, something in the next round will be easier for them and vice versa). There is also what appears to be a handicap mode, so if the monster/hunters are getting raped, they get a little extra help the next round.

$45 doesn't offend me for what I got (gmg...apparently g2a has it even lower but that site looks a little sketch to me). The only DLC in the store I noticed were extra skins, and I think those are a rip off anyway. The monster gets pretty fucked up with battle damage as the game goes on, and the combat is too frantic for me to notice if my buddy has a different colored armor on.

Dialogue between the characters is cool, though I did hear a fair bit of repeated lines.

The various heroes within the classes are interesting. The first trapper has a dog-lizard that will track the monster and heal you, whereas the second Trapper has motion tracker sticks he can place in the ground. The first trapper launches up to 5 auto-harpoons, whereas the second guy has a single, stronger line. Same concept, different execution.

Movement feels good, and the game is running fine for me (i5 at 3.5ghz gtx670, 16gb ram, running off an ssd, everything set to high, didnt fuck with settings much).

There are a few forced cintematics you have to watch that try to teach you how to play, which can be anoying but it's a one time thing per character (not class).

When actually playing, your mouse is visable which annoyed the crap out of me...hoping that is a bug.

Overall, happy with my purchase, glad I didnt get the pc monster race version. Pretty sure I'll get the season pass during a steam sale.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Isn't this 60$ then also a shit ton of DLC to unlock all the monsters and stuff, or did they back off of that finally?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't really enjoy the beta, but kinda like watching the streams.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Bought it without playing beta etc. pretty steep learning curve. Playing with randoms was fucken terrible. I think unless your really looking forward to getting into it probably wait for sale. Not casual friendly imo

spronk

FPS noob
it is way more fun watching a stream than probably playing, first game I can really say thats true for me

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
X X, if you will only play with your friends youll have a great time. When everyone is actually playing as a team and communicating the game is a blast. When you do play solo youll hate your life if you are a hunter, but enjoy it if you get the monster.