Evolve - from makers of L4D

spronk

FPS noob
the beta e-mail says the steam key is non-transferable, dunno if its really tied to the steam account you signed up on or not (don't remember how i signed up...)

busy weekend, got TLOU PS4, Archeage beta, and now this

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Signed up, no invite. Pretty bummed. Really looking forward to this game. Played many hours of L4D.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Got an alpha invite. Pretty happy although, TBH, what I saw of actual gameplay looked a bit boring. Looking forward to going deeper.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is it still just two monsters and 1 map? Thats all ive seen shown so just going off of that - id hope there would be more of each.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Looks like the steam download for the alpha was unlocked this morning. I'm waiting on my video card replacement to give it a shot.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Game has open mics and no way to turn it off as far as I see... this is obnoxious as fuck. Ran like ass on high settings for me, will try again on low later tonight.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Performance was really good and the gameplay wasn't bad but as accordion stated, the open mic coupled with inability to mute people is obnoxious. You can certainly click on "Mute" under a person's name but the actual muting jumps around like a Towers of Hanoi puzzle.

Got a few games in with some folks that weren't mouth breathing and it was fun but short. Monsters need a bit of a boost in my opinion but that could change once folks start to learn the maps.

spronk

FPS noob
ugh went from maybe to fuck this game, felt like a shitty cod mod. beyond the awful audio shit (not just mute but just constantly bombarded by sounds) the graphics and audio stuttered for me and everything looked pretty terrible. I can't believe this game is launching in October, it feels like its a year out still

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If this game sucks I'm selling my gaming rig and building a new one when something I give a shit about is released. It's a really awful time to be a FPS and MMORPG gamer right now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If this game sucks I'm selling my gaming rig and building a new one when something I give a shit about is released. It's a really awful time to be a FPS and MMORPG gamer right now.
There is still Destiny and Call of Titanfall: Advanced Warfare.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There is still Destiny and Call of Titanfall: Advanced Warfare.
Titanfall was a massive disappointment, and from what I played of Destiny last week, it's boring as fuck
frown.png

I do have hope for the next Unreal Tournament, though.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
i got in! downloading now /jizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
Titanfall was a massive disappointment, and from what I played of Destiny last week, it's boring as fuck
frown.png

I do have hope for the next Unreal Tournament, though.
No way this game will fill that itch. Its fun-ish, but I dont see long term potential

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No way this game will fill that itch. Its fun-ish, but I dont see long term potential
This is kinda what i thought and said a while back - it would need a ton of variety to not go stale quicker than L4D. I loved L4D and i played the f out of it but then suddenly it was not, because you were just doing the same thing endlessly with no change. They would need to release with about 4-5 monsters and 3-4 of each different role along with 10 maps. On the videos i saw i only noticed 1 map, 2 monsters, and 2 of each role - i know someone mentioned they saw another but this game is very limited on variation shown thus far and that just means it will get old fast. Then again some people are quite fine with doing the same thing in and out and not get bored, but thats just not me.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Amazing game, love both monster and monster hunter. I have yet to lose as monster though doing this:

2 points into charge, 1 into leap slam at start. Run about half way across map, through water somewhere if you can, avoid birds, smell, kill wildlife/get perks(repeat), if trapped in an arena try to bunch them up and then run away using charge(through them if you can) or leap slam into as many as possible then long jump away, never engage pre level 3, evolve to level 3 and then kill everyone/detroy power gen.

fris

Vyemm Raider
my fear is that this game will be impossible to balance. one side will always win with competent players to compensate for noobs feeling like it's even.