Extraction (2020)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dying laughing out loud at that scene!

-

My favorite scenes in Avengers is Thor just kicking ass and being a badass. Can Hemsworth be the next Arnold / The Rock? He's not as big, but ... ?? Arnold is a classic and I like him in basically everything he's ever done. The Rock is funnier and a better actor, and he can pull off the tough guy shit too, like his first few Fast and Furious movies. Hemsworth is hilarious, and these action scenes with him are insane. I agree about the camera feeling gimmicky some of the time, but fucking great. The scene where Hemsworth and the bad guy both fall off the roof (or off a ledge?) and the camera followed them down, damn! And it's very smooth camera work. Remember the shit from Taken where it took 14 camera cuts to get Liam Neeson over the fence, and how they do shaky camera work / cuts when actors suck dick at action work? I also love the style of fighting they did here, where he shoots them with a pistol at close range. Did John Wick start that style of shooting?

Wick centered around a lot of Center Axis Relock method that you can find any number of YouTube videos on. It was developed a while back. Some of the close up stuff, especially in Collateral, is well executed Mozambique drills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Dying laughing out loud at that scene!

-

My favorite scenes in Avengers is Thor just kicking ass and being a badass. Can Hemsworth be the next Arnold / The Rock? He's not as big, but ... ?? Arnold is a classic and I like him in basically everything he's ever done. The Rock is funnier and a better actor, and he can pull off the tough guy shit too, like his first few Fast and Furious movies. Hemsworth is hilarious, and these action scenes with him are insane. I agree about the camera feeling gimmicky some of the time, but fucking great. The scene where Hemsworth and the bad guy both fall off the roof (or off a ledge?) and the camera followed them down, damn! And it's very smooth camera work. Remember the shit from Taken where it took 14 camera cuts to get Liam Neeson over the fence, and how they do shaky camera work / cuts when actors suck dick at action work? I also love the style of fighting they did here, where he shoots them with a pistol at close range. Did John Wick start that style of shooting?

Terminator reboot starring Hemsworth plz

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Enjoyed this, pretty focused and simple movie with no extra bullshit. Definitely the location is the thing that sets it apart, while Mission Impossible had a few scenes in Mumbai I can't really think of a lot of western action movies set in India, so that was different. The second location was Dhaka which is in Bangladesh and I think its a Muslim country so was interesting to see all the gambling, women, drugs, etc there wonder what the locals think.

I like the "team lead" chick, she was capable and cool but didn't try to do be a terminator chick going hand to hand, she knew her strengths. The only weakness I guess are the bad guys, they are kinda vague and amorphous but I guess that fits the theme which is the cycle never ends, felt like a movie asian version of The Wire.

A Netflix show about drug lords and crime in India, Pakistan, etc or China or Africa would be really interesting, wonder if thats in the cards at some point. Basically Narcos worldwide.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, now I'm downloading Collateral for tonight or tomm! I saw it a LONG time ago.
The only thing that sucks about Collateral is the horrible ending. Could've been a masterpiece but fell short because of that, imo.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Caught this last night. Didn't know they had put together a 11 1/2 minute action scene using the one-shot tricks like 1917 had. Was great for just that part alone.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
40 mins in. Totes wanna bang Iranian chick. 🔥🔥🔥

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
This was alot better than I expected, hemsworth action scenes were awesome.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The recently released Chris Hemsworth-led film “Extraction” has delivered Netflix its biggest numbers to date for an original film launch according to the service itself.

Despite only launching just over a week ago, the film is reportedly on track to be watched by an estimated 90 million households over its first four weeks. That would overtake Michael Bay’s “6 Underground” (83 million), the Sandra Bullock-led “Bird Box” (80 million), the first season of “The Witcher” (76 million) and the Sandler & Aniston rom-com “Murder Mystery” (73 million).

Goatface

thought it was pretty good, Hemsworth and other heads did a live stream commentary and explained the ending, thought it was funny on the honesty.
it is up to the audience if that was him at the pool, but if they get a sequel, he is alive

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
thought it was pretty good, Hemsworth and other heads did a live stream commentary and explained the ending, thought it was funny on the honesty.
it is up to the audience if that was him at the pool, but if they get a sequel, he is alive
I mean, he's clearly alive or what's the point of the scene?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Something about this movie is not doing it for me. I got about 40-45 minutes in and turned it off. Maybe ill give it another try.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I mean, he's clearly alive or what's the point of the scene?

Apparently the director and writers and everyone involved wanted it to end with him dead but Netflix wanted to keep the possibility of sequels open, which is why they included the ambiguous ending. As it stands, it still not clear that he's alive since the blurry image is no different to Chris' memories of his son

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
He should have sold the orphan street shitter for 10 mill wtf was he thinking. Huge plot hole.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Apparently the director and writers and everyone involved wanted it to end with him dead but Netflix wanted to keep the possibility of sequels open, which is why they included the ambiguous ending. As it stands, it still not clear that he's alive since the blurry image is no different to Chris' memories of his son
I read that thing about the screening reviews changing the ending. And the sequel potential. But when it really comes down to it the whole redemption arc for not being there when his son was dying/died was closed as he did his duty to save this surrogate child. The fact that we finally saw his son clearly in the end cements this. The possibility of him being alive really ruins the whole motivation for the protagonist and is counter to the tone of the whole movie. Western society hates a dark ending - one of the reasons I started watching more foreign films is that they didn't shy away from giving you a grittier ending. It can be very cathartic. Roses and fireworks and miracle turnarounds are not.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll accept a sequel ruining the ending of the first movie if we get a sex scene with the hot chick and Thor.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just got around to watching this, really enjoyed it. I like movies like this that have a simple premise that is well executed and don’t get bogged down by unnecessary plotlines.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
When this first came out, I read an article (that I can't find now, all covered up by the new articles talking about more recent interviews with Hargrave and the Extraction 2 news, that talked about the Joe Russo talking writing this with the idea that this would be a multiple-picture franchise, and the hero survives in the original Graphic Novel this is adapted from Ciudad. Here they talk about this somewhat, although not to the original article's degree. ScreenRant article

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just finished watching. Really good!!

Good simple stripped back plot, like others have said, it feels like an 80's action film. Which is a good thing.

Side note: during the first part of the mission, his buddy providing sniper cover, is the film's director Sam Hargrave.