Eye surgery. Has anyone had it? What were your results.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I will eventually need eye surgery for Keratoconus. Here are the current treatments for it.
  • Intacs. This is a small curved device that your ophthalmologist surgically puts in your cornea. Intacs help flatten the curve of your cornea to improve vision.
  • Collagen cross-linking. Your ophthalmologist uses a special UV light and eye drops to strengthen the cornea. Doing this helps to flatten or stiffen your cornea, keeping it from bulging further.
  • Corneal transplant. When symptoms are severe, your ophthalmologist may suggest a corneal transplant. Your ophthalmologist replaces all or part of your diseased cornea with healthy donor cornea tissue.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I got Lasik at 22. First doctor at the place said I was too young and my eyes were still adjusting to where they would naturally sit. Then doctor number two called and was like "Nah man, you are good (also I want your money)." Shit really is life changing, the day afterward sucked cause my eyes were itchy and you aren't allowed to touch them (have to wear plastic things on your eyes to sleep), but after that it was like a miracle. I had been wearing glasses since I was 9. That said, Doctor #1 was correct, as my sight has deteriorated in the 9 years since. No where near as bad as it originally was, its just that I am no longer 20/20. I will probably have it redone again some day when I have the money (first time was a gift).

I am unsure if it is worth it just for reading up close, but overall the effects of the procedure are amazing.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Had Lasik few years ago. Greatest thing ever.

I would recommend calling around to see if there are any medical trials. I got on one and total cost was only $900 for both eyes.