EZ-Pass working on a pay by car GAS Program

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
a lot of us have the EZ-PASS toll transponder on our windshields.

Well there is a pilot program - Called Driven -starting- just in MA at this time where if you opt in, your ez-pass transponder will pay for your GAS when you pull up to a participating station - only 27 stations (Alltown is the station company ) at this time are participating. it will be like using google pay or apple pay at the pump i guess (i never use either so no clue how they work)

if you opt in and go to one of these stations, the station will sense your EZPASS transponder, you will get a text from the station welcoming you to the station, your reply with the pump number, it turns the pump on, you select octane and start pumping (and i am thinking they will be charging you CC price not cash price), once finished you get emailed a receipt that charges the Credit card you have linked to the "Driven" program.

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Well there is a pilot program - Called Driven -starting- just in MA at this time where if you opt in, your ez-pass transponder will pay for your GAS when you pull up to a participating station - only 27 stations (Alltown is the station company ) at this time are participating. it will be like using google pay or apple pay at the pump i guess (i never use either so no clue how they work)

if you opt in and go to one of these stations, the station will sense your EZPASS transponder, you will get a text from the station welcoming you to the station, your reply with the pump number, it turns the pump on, you select octane and start pumping (and i am thinking they will be charging you CC price not cash price), once finished you get emailed a receipt that charges the Credit card you have linked to the "Driven" program.

This sounds like a fucking dream. Texas WHEN?

Cybsled

That sounds kinda cool, especially when it is cold out. Less time fumbling with cards

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the program just started, i got an email from the MA Ezpass about signing up to try it out. so they might be expanding into a larger trial size, but if it works out, it will slowly roll out across the country- like ez pass has- 19 states are in the ezpass network

i Won't due to work paying for all my gas via the work gas card.

OH Raleigh North Carolina too is participating only 3 locations, all Circle K's.

all locations:

MASSACHUSETTS​

656 Boston Post Rd E, Marlborough, MA 01752​

453 Washington St, Wellesley, MA 02482​

130 Turnpike Rd, Westborough, MA 01581​

696 Cochituate Rd, Framingham, MA 01701​

22 Concord Turnpike, Concord, MA 01742​

906 Bedford St, Abington, MA 02351​

6 Gardner Rd, Ashburnham, MA 01430​

272 Pond St, Ashland, MA 01721​

1 Republic Rd, Billerica, MA 01862​

250 Granite St, Braintree, MA 02184​

265 Granite St, Braintree, MA 02184​

1734 Falmouth Rd, Centerville, MA 02632​

280 New Lancaster Rd, Leominster, MA 01453​

980 Chelmsford St, Lowell, MA 01851​

548 Falmouth Rd, Mashpee, MA 02649​

109 Rt 6A, Orleans, MA 02653​

1266 Broadway, Raynham, MA 02767​

85 Southampton St, Roxbury, MA 02118​

1123 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906--this would be the only one i use its ~5 miles from my house​

372 Washington St, Stoughton, MA 02072​

525 Paradise Rd, Swampscott, MA 01907​

95-97 Westford Rd, Tyngsboro, MA 01879​

1300 West Main St, Warren, MA 01083​

185 Littleton Rd, Westford, MA 01886​

710 High St, Westwood, MA 02090​

1001 South St, Wrentham, MA 02093​

511 Station Ave, Yarmouth, MA 02664​

NORTH CAROLINA​

2219 Jefferson Davis Highway, Sanford, NC​

4019 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC​

3220 Poole Road, Raleigh, NC​

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i stay in the car with the heater on and when a frozen abdul tells me how much, i just slip the cash through a slit in the window.

Fucker

Log Wizard
i stay in the car with the heater on and when a frozen abdul tells me how much, i just slip the cash through a slit in the window.
The downside of that, of course, is you are stuck in New Jersey.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

no

credit card rewards?

membership rewards?

just another way for ezpass to charge you

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don’t understand what the advantage of this is.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don’t understand what the advantage of this is.

EZ pass gets to track your driving habits as well as your purchasing habits to use analytics to fuck you harder.

Oh you meant advantage for you... yeah there are none get fucked faggot.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nope still sucks
this is you pumping gas this winter.
UP6M43736RCRTOZCFUC5KQ3LOE.JPG

this is me while Abdul does it.
driving-with-christmas-hat.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Imagine being to much of a pussy to pump your own gas, and allowing the government to regulate that you cant.
But it’s for SaFeTy. Outside of NJ millions are dying every day due to freak gasoline fight accidents

40C35ED9-5578-47C7-A649-FFBA0EA092A9.gif

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The few times it snows here in the winter we have this new invention they use. It's called a roof that keeps the rain, snow, sun etc...off of you while you get gas. Should check into it sometime.

Probably been close to 40 years since I last saw a gas station that had a pump that wasn't covered. Then it was likely one way out in the middle of nowhere and they had only 1 pump.

Texas has these things called Buc-ees. 40 covered pumps, no waiting.

bucees-845x321.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Exxon used to have a deal you could swipe at the pump or just get close to it. About the size of a pencil and about 3/4" long. Just put it on your key ring and it went on your exxon card. Seconds.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The few times it snows here in the winter we have this new invention they use. It's called a roof that keeps the rain, snow, sun etc...off of you while you get gas. Should check into it sometime.

Probably been close to 40 years since I last saw a gas station that had a pump that wasn't covered. Then it was likely one way out in the middle of nowhere and they had only 1 pump.

Texas has these things called Buc-ees. 40 covered pumps, no waiting.

bucees-845x321.jpg
i was thinking, no wait, i do remember not seeing one w/ a roof recently

yup
c9ebc3ded9ed45e5a3ac38102feebdc3.png

it's the gas station right before the city, but i haven't been here for more than 2 seconds so i have no idea if it gets busy