FAA orders stop all UPS flights

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
regardless of destination. 9/11 scare or what? Says airline computer issues but that seems odd but I admit I'm not knowleagable about how often this occurs. Just a coincidence but what could cause them to ground ALL UPS flights? Someone suggested that airline computer issues was code for a comprimised flight. Dunno

The Most Recent ATCSCC Advisory

RAW TEXT:

ATCSCC ADVZY 010 DCC 09/11/14 UPS GROUND STOP
DESTINATION AIRPORT: ALL
FACILITIES INCLUDED: ALL
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 11/0315Z - 11/0430Z
REASON: AIRLINE COMPUTER ISSUES
REMARKS: STOP ALL UPS FLIGHTS REGARDLESS OF DESTINATION

14/09/11 03:35 DCCOPS./nfs/lxstn25

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Terrorists moved on from passenger planes? Who knows, we may find out /shrug

Borzak

The time posted in that came and went. It's 6:47 Zulu now. No idea, but why just UPS planes is what seems odd.

Oldbased

> Than U
Nothing about it in the news, but I did find out 22 jump street has green lighted a 3rd movie from Sony.
Our media is on top of the important stuff as always.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was likely a specific threat made. Don't fuck around on 9/11. Not looking forward to working today, it's always a little bit more tense. On the plus side the pilots tend to listen a little bit better.

Borzak

Come and gone apparently. UPS planes in the air now if you look at the sites to track what is in the air live. Probably nothing but when you see 9/11 and grounded planes seems odd.

iannis

Musty Nester
It might have actually been for the reason they stated. Someone over at UPS Central might have fucked up but good. They do have a behemoth of a tracking system, and there may be a situation where it's easier to tell everyone "no one do fucking ANYTHING until you resort/resubmit your manifest" than it is to fix it in the morning. I mean I have no idea, but sure, maybe.

It's a strange fucking feeling to trust a government agency.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
1 crippled UPS airliner being reported, some computer problems listed as the reason and the storms hitting Louisville, Kentucky. Pretty sure their ops center is based there, if they are having communication problems in the ops they will ask the FAA to ground plans until comms are restored.

Unlikely a terrorist threat.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_75988.jpg

today of all dates! Tasteless pilot skyscraper pranks!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It might have actually been for the reason they stated. Someone over at UPS Central might have fucked up but good. They do have a behemoth of a tracking system, and there may be a situation where it's easier to tell everyone "no one do fucking ANYTHING until you resort/resubmit your manifest" than it is to fix it in the morning. I mean I have no idea, but sure, maybe.

It's a strange fucking feeling to trust a government agency.
Wow, seriously. Why can't it just be the reason they stated? This seems like quite the conspiracy theorist thread. Or just overreactionary.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, it's possible they were worried about the plane that lost some control and had an emergency landing near chicago too, but much more likely storm related. Glad it wasn't anything significant though, gave us something to talk about at work at least.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
REASON: AIRLINE COMPUTER ISSUES
Translation: "Our cargo tracking system is fucked so we actually have no idea what payload any of our planes currently have. Stay on the fucking ground until we can check nobody's over their MTOW"

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Chicago flights stopped after fire at FAA facility - CNN.com

Busy morning today. Now it's completely dead... I imagine when I come back in to work at 10pm tonight I'll be busy as shit from the backup flood of airplanes that come later tonight. Chicago center has been completely shut off for a few hours, which obviously affects a lot more than just ORD and MDW
Do you think flights will resume by Saturday morning? I got a plane to catch at 7 am.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
7am on a Saturday out of Chicago, you're probably safe probably just a delay getting out, that's a really really slow time of day anyway. They're already tunneling a "few" planes into the airports around the en route center airspace. But from what I've heard is things are going to be shut down for a while, a few days minimum, no radar, no communications equipment. They sent most of the center controllers home from the day shift. From what I read so far, this is kinda a worst case scenario of why you don't want your it guy or technicians going wacko.

Obviously the full details aren't out yet, and this is just third hand info, but basically the tl;dr is that there was arson in the server room. Or he injured himself trying to fight the fire, not sure which way this story will go.