Factorio

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This mentions multi-player of some sort. Anyone know what kind of multi it is, and if so, if it's even implemented yet?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
It's in already, and you can play coop with others (from what I've been reading). Planning to get a server up this weekend.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It's in already, and you can play coop with others (from what I've been reading). Planning to get a server up this weekend.
Did this with 2 others, ran smooth until I connect then lags to shit making it unplayable for everyone. No idea why, forums suggest the game can't process that many calculations in triplicate smoothly.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Did this with 2 others, ran smooth until I connect then lags to shit making it unplayable for everyone. No idea why, forums suggest the game can't process that many calculations in triplicate smoothly.
I've seen videos of three people playing at the same time so if that's true it isn't universal.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I've seen videos of three people playing at the same time so if that's true it isn't universal.
Yeah it isn't we did some testing, the frame rate tanked when we added refinery liquid storage, it chugged at 10-20 FPS after that and almost playable once removed. This is while a massive assemble line was going on as well.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>

I've got a Bob's Mods server up if anyone is interested in MP. Beware: only for the masochistic.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I read the old thread on this and it had me ready to buy, but it was not until I saw it again here that I pulled the trigger.

Super fun game, I can see how deep it gets already, its not easy and I like that.

Last night I dreamt about Cogs and Conveyer belts.

Any tips for a newbie? Whats a good starter set up to get the Labs running with Red and Green automated potions.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love the idea of the game, but hated terraria because i am super non creative. Feel like designing layout of stuff efficiently would drive me nuts.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had fun with the for 1 or 2 days. I'm not super into the maker games or whatever you call them, Ark, Terraria, Minecraft, Factorio etc.

Factoria is super addicting trying to manage all your stupid little machines.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
xpost ... Should I get Rimworld or Factorio?

x-posting my reply. I would say get both as long as you enjoy their respective genres.

They are completely different games imo. If you love building massively complicated automatic machines in FTB Minecraft then you'll probably like Factorio. That game is focused around building massively complicated machinery to build things for you.

Rimworld has nothing like that and can't really compare. If you've played Dwarf Fortress or any of the derivatives and enjoyed them then you'll probably like Rimworld.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fuck,

I like the sounds of both those things, but only want to spend money on one.

gamerproblems

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Get Factorio, i am 200+ hours in and I still want to play more,

Need to get that rocket out in 8 hours....cant do it yet 9 Is my best with mild cheating (sandbox mode and multiple resets to get a good starting set up)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They're totally different games, but even buying both off sale, you're still paying less than what you would for one triple A title, and easily getting hundreds of hours of playtime between the two games if they hook you.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ended up buying Factorio. Holy shit where did my day go?

I fucked up my power setup though by not using the right ratio of boilers to steam engines. I spendtmost the day running my machines half-assed and didn't even know it.

Started a new world this evening with lessons learned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That's half the fun.. Continuous improvement.

I do 28 boilers for 20 engines,

FYI sandbox mode gets rid of your character and makes it more like sim city

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not realizing you don't have the right amount of power can really fuck up your shit!

I thought I needed a couple more automated builders for something and built a few. But then realized the issue was my power was just low. Those extra buildings were pulling too many mats off my line now and fucked up the flow.

This game.