Factorio

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What list? I Literally fired up the demo and said look at X and I clicked X. End of demo.
It had an option at the end of every list of things to do for me to continue on to the next mission where it would dump me into a half made world and teach me new skills from there.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just have them drop shit on the ground and pick it up like a noob. Then have them feed wood chests like a player. Then have them belt that shit right to the boilers like a boss. Then run around refueling them by hand like a scrub. Then build a clusterfuck spaghetti mess of belts and burner inserters to make them self-fueling like a mad engineer. Spend three hours making the perfect recursively self-fueling setup, then delete it all 15 minutes later when you finally realize what that electric mining drill does that you unlocked two hours ago.

If you aren't playing it like that, then you're missing the whole game.
The tutorial takes you through those basics now, I had electric mining drill running in like an hour while playing for the first time.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It had an option at the end of every list of things to do for me to continue on to the next mission where it would dump me into a half made world and teach me new skills from there.

I'm gonna redownload and see what the deal is. It starts up and says do X to Y and when I click on it the program just shuts down.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I'm gonna redownload and see what the deal is. It starts up and says do X to Y and when I click on it the program just shuts down.

They just released a huge content patch a week or two ago (0.15) and have been issuing a whole bunch of minor bug fixes since - its possible you might have encountered some kind of crash bug that was recently introduced.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yup, when .15 released you had to disable cloud saves or it would fail to launch.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I uninstalled the demo and redownloaded, same thing. It was ID'd as 0.14 when installed for the demo. Just bought the game instead and it appears to work.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
From my own part time playing and from looking at what others are doing on youtube and whatnot this game really has a circular progression. You joke about not knowing what electric mines do but after spending games optimizing all of your advanced tech you'll think "I wonder if I could do that using only burner drills and inserters." Once you've blueprinted the optimal production chains you'll start going backwards by choice and seeing how un-optimal you can make things and still have them work.

I still think the craziest is the challenge that came up earlier this week where you use your starter iron plates to make a belt and then launch a rocket without ever using WASD. It's like lazy bastard on steroids.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite games ever. Like a cross between modded Minecraft and StarCraft.

Highly recommend

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I have more hours in this game than anything else on Steam and it’s not even close. So good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
One of the few games on my wish list that never sees any kind of significant discount. I've been trained to never buy anything on Steam unless its at least 35% off.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One of the few games on my wish list that never sees any kind of significant discount. I've been trained to never buy anything on Steam unless its at least 35% off.
They have a no-sale policy.

We state it on our steam page, but people are still asking about it so I want to state it officially. We don't plan any Factorio sale. I'm aware, that the sale can make a lot of money in a short period of time, but I believe that it is not worth it in the long run, and since we are not in financial pressure we can afford to think in the long run. We don't like sales for the same reason we don't like the 9.99 prices. We want to be honest with our customers. When it costs 20, we don't want to make it feel like 10 and something. The same is with the sale, as you are basically saying, that someone who doesn't want to waste his time by searching for sales or special offers has to pay more