Fall 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those of you out there who read the manga, is SAO about the take the whole "NPCs have gained a mind of their own" sort of thing as in Log Horizon? That's what I was feeling from that last episodes interaction.
No idea bout the manga, but ive read all the lightnovels out there atm. Basically yeah its a start, that will become more evidently in the underworld arc (biggest one afaik 5 o 6 books), going on the AIs route.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
With all the sequels this season I just took the opportunity to look back a few seasons. Watched Blade and Soul over the weekend. Surprisingly good for what would ordinarily have been 99% cheesecake and hentai junk given it's based off some MMO.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
With all the sequels this season I just took the opportunity to look back a few seasons. Watched Blade and Soul over the weekend. Surprisingly good for what would ordinarily have been 99% cheesecake and hentai junk given it's based off some MMO.
Blade and Soul was garbage...Who thought a main character that says nothing was a great idea needs to be shot.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A silent protagonist can work if done right. Vampire Hunter D barely said a word across two movies, but he was a strong character. Aska on the other hand, was a retard when she wasn't killing people, and they made her a bigger retard over time.

Blade and Soul suffered from a really terrible supporting cast. If not for jiggle physics (fun term), the show wouldn't have existed at all.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's been far too long since we had a good fight like that on SAO. I missed hearing that song.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The erections caused by the fight animations in UBW are top notch!

On the other hand that LH episode was zzZZ but next week seems to have potential -

We need to raise 5m to have a animation of The Breaker and Tower of God done.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well that last episode of Unlimited Blade Works left no doubt for me, Ufotable are the best in the business for action scenes. There isn't even a close second in my eyes.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah, no doubt bout that, cant wait to see their next project, called God eater if im not mistaken. The name sure sound promising.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
SAO is back to awesome status.

Log horizon is doubling down on stupid drama.
SAO did a great job creating tension without their lives being on the line.

Ok, I may have missed something, did they dumb down the animation in LH? The shit looks horrible.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Ok, I may have missed something, did they dumb down the animation in LH? The shit looks horrible.
Yeah, LH switched their animation to studio Deen, which is notoriously bad. Deen did the animation for the first Fate/Stay night anime a few years back and yeah, you can see the difference between them and ufotable heh.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

Different studio is doing it. DEEN. I don't mind it personally, story is still good to me and I look forward to seeing it every week.

Fate is awesome nuff said.

Finally SAO is getting good again. The slowness of the first part of the season is finally over (hopefully.) Getting back to some good battles and all the regulars are back involved.