Fall 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yes same here, agree pretty much on your view, wanted to add Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, its from what ive seen some sort of romance based on musicians. Color animation and arts is really awesome. I dont generally watch those kind of show, but im positive ill follow this.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm really not into gore, but what the fuck has happened here?

rrr_img_78389.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's actually a poster of all of the people on the censorship board and those are bullet holes from target practice.

Seriously, though. I refuse to watch because of that.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
List of Shows from this season that will carry over to next season (24 episodes+)

Ai Tenchi Muyo!
Bonjour? Koiaji P?tisserie
Gundam: G no Reconguista
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Log Horizon 2
Magic Kaito 1412
Nanatsu no Taizai

Winter should be pretty strong with Aldnoah Zero, and Tokyo Ghoul returning, along with the continuation of Log Horizon, Nanatsu, and Kiseijuu. It also would appear that Durarara is getting a second season as well.

So far this season (not including second seasons or continuations) the stand outs for me would be, Amagi Brilliant Park, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, and the surprise so far this season Garo: Honoo no Kokuin.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I turned it off aswell. Like I said I don't give too shits about gore and splatter, but that is just ridiculous.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, most people are just moving on to reading the manga instead, because its supposedly good. Tempted to do that myself.

Fadaar

That guy
So, had a chance to watch some of the shows and figured I'd give my opinions:

Cross Ange - okay, somewhat satisfying to see the girl get fucked with for her bigotry. Will keep watching.

Donten ni Warau - It has a good premise, but the fighting is lame and the characters are pretty weak. The three brothers who are the focus of the show are without a doubt the biggest reason the show isn't great.

Amagi Brilliant Park - Pretty good so far, and definitely unique.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Enjoyable, I like the variety of characters.

Triniy Seven - Interesting and definitely funny, I like the main character so far.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujukai - decent RomCom I guess, will probably keep watching.

Garo - Pretty badass, will definitely keep watching. It surprising to see a father character involved in a show so much, there aren't many like that.

Parasyte - Definitely a unique premise, its weird and good so far. Uncensored, which really makes it awesome.

Log Horizon 2 - Good to see them moving right along with the story, but the animation is definitely nagging the fuck out of me.

Fate/Stay Night - Good, looking to see the more Fate/Zero approach to the series since that was really cool.

Danna ga Nani - Cute, humorous little 5 min type show.

Denki-gai no Hanyo-san - Alright, can be funny at times. Nothing major though.

Inou Battle - The idea of the show is pretty interesting, but its also damn funny. The main guy and is power is hilarious.

Hitsugi no Chaika S2 - The usual good Chaika stuff, didn't expect that one girl to be another though. Trippy.

Psycho Pass S2 - More PP is always good, and seems like Akane has come into her own. Looking forward to seeing what develops.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Hilarious. The way the two of them deal with each other is great.

World Trigger - Seems alright so far, but the animation is bugging me and the kid is kind of annoying.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - Interesting, and the main guy isn't a bitch, so will keep watching.

Ushinawareta - Okay for RomCom-ishness, but curious how it goes since they suddenly threw a twist in there.

Shingeki no Bahamut - show is cool so far and the animation is quality, but like most people have been saying, the main dude's design needs a rework. I'll cheer for the ass-kicker chick and hope every other retarded character gets killed off.

Overall, it seems like a lot to watch this season for me.
Agreed with all. The father in Garo might be my favorite character in a long time.

The ones I'm really liking so far of the new shows (leaving out sequel seasons, ie Psycho Pass, Log Horizon):

Garo: So goofy and the action is great.

Amagi Brilliant Park: Pretty obvious where this one is going to end up, just curious how it gets there. Also can totally tell it's made by the same people as Full Metal Panic.

Fate/Stay Night: Kind of a sequel and kind of not? Going to be awesome either way.

Kisejuu: Interesting premise and lack of censorship (*cough* Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul) is a plus.

Sora no Method: I have a sense that this one is gonna be heavy on the feels.

I'm watching damn near every show, there's only a few I gave up on after 1 or 2 episodes.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saber vs Lancer was the tits, even if it didn't last long. So far the battles look on par with Fate/Zero, gonna be a good series.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My thoughts:

Cross Ange - so/so, if it wasn't for the surprise sexual violence it would have been pretty generic. At least it's not in a highschool.

Amagi Brilliant Park - I liked this one, main character reminds me a bit of 'no game, no life'. Was a good blend of 'nice' and funny.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Ok, kind of generic.

Trinity Seven - Liked this one, although the premise of the setting is kind of ludicrous

Garo - Nice action, a plot that shows signs of some complexity, only downside is the blending of CG/animation doesn't work very well. At least they have an excuse for the CG objects having actual lightning and looking nothing like anything around them.

Parasyte - I really liked this, though I can't say articulate why exactly.

Fate/Stay Night - The lame slice of life stuff is pretty dull, this may be because I have seen it all before though. The action though, is some of the most amazing animation I've seen, I'd watch it for that alone.

Inou Battle - The poor guy can't win - you legitimately give all your friends awesome superpowers and manifest the darkness of your tortured soul in physical form, and still can't get no respect ;p

Psycho Pass S2 - Didn't blow me away, but good first ep, it's got s1 legacy cred to keep watching though.

World Trigger - Eh, unconvinced, I'll give it a few more I guess.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - 'Who called a stripper ? Today's not my birthday' heh.

Ushinawareta - unconvinced

Shingeki no Bahamut - the main guy seems fun, and it has potential for whacky hijinks, didn't really grab me though

Sora No Method - like this one.

Fennin

The action scenes in Unlimited Blade Works are a thing of beauty. Ufotable has become the pinnacle studio for action scenes. They also did both Fate/Zero's and the Kara no Kyoukai series. The anime they are currently working on "God Eater" will be another action anime.

Unlimited Blade Works will be 2 seasons probably, the Fate/Stay Night (2015) I mentioned earlier in this thread is most likely season 2 of Unlimited Blade Works, done by the same studio. It looks like it will be one series divided into 2 13 episode seasons.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, considering they are remaking it and the last incarnation was a movie they had to keep it above normal shows. One thing I don't get is they've animated the "Stay" and "Unlimited bladeworks routes already and are remaking this one. But what about the final route, Heaven's Feel? Hopefully they animate that one too.

Fennin

Heaven's Feel will be a movie, and Ufotable is the studio behind it as well. It should be done similar to Zero and Unlimited Blade Works. Ufotable has Unlimited Blade Works, a new God Eater anime series, and the Heaven's feel movie in the works.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unlimited Blade works is not a remake. It will be a completely different story, with the same characters but different plot. Episode one was the prologue or episode 0, everything after this point is a different route. One could argue that it is a remake of the movie of the same name though. The Fate Stay/Night remake for spring of 2015 could be a pure remake of the 2006 show, or it could be the third and final arc. They are making a movie of the third arc/route as well. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel all take place after the events of the Prologue that aired last week, the only unchanging part in the story is Fate/Zero through the Prologue, and the characters themselves.

Edit: Looks like Fate/Stay Night (2015) is a continuation of the current Unlimited Blade Works.
Maybe is as you say, but so far ubw seem exatcly as fate stay night story wise, at least for the first 2 episode i do not remember anything different story wise.

Fennin

Maybe is as you say, but so far ubw seem exatcly as fate stay night story wise, at least for the first 2 episode i do not remember anything different story wise.
The first difference happened at the end of Episode 1. If you have watched through the end of episode 1 the spoiler below is safe to click.
At the end of Episode 1 Emiya Shirou uses one of his 3 command seals to stop Saber immediately after engaging Archer, in the Fate route (original Stay/Night) Rin is the one to use a command seal to save archer after he is gravely injured by Saber, Emiya then verbally stops Saber from attacking and killing Rin without ever using one of his command seals.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crunchyroll announced they worked out a deal with Warner Japan to get an uncensored version of Terraformars at some point in the future. I'll just wait for that to come around.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah i did. Ok, i see that, but what i meant by ''different'' story was like some major plot changes, differents route on the fights (who face who etc) and so on. So far most of what ive seen its mostly stay night. Not that i mind dont get me wrong, i love fate series no matter what, its just to me it seem more a remake of stay with some minor differences, than a totally new story with new plots and so on. Maybe i m wrong.

Anyway, the quality is top notch soo... On the other hand im on the verge of dropping world trigger, i mean watching it after fate, the difference in character drawning/animation and overall style its sooo extreme. Story seem ok but, its hard to watch..(maybe im getting spoiled by fate/garo/bahamut)