Fall 2014 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
glad im not the only one that found the new gundam ridicolous (in a very bad way).

But on other hand, parasyte is fantastic really, and i find Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso visually stunning (and has awesome classical music too)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My wife hates Gundam, she loved the toy show, so she was open to watch the new series. Turn it, and this UGLY ass animation comes on, nope nope nope fuck that. but we're gonna give Gundam Try(toy show second season) a go soon.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
...and i find Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso visually stunning (and has awesome classical music too)
Yep, it looks like Shigatsu will turn out well. Also seems the translators have upped the gear on manga translations too. 3 chapters released this past week (seems to be monthly sized chapters too).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Unicorn was awesome and the toy one is quite enjoyable yes - Macross would be godly but lets focus on UBW - Watching the new series after Zero just brings up so many questions about Saber and why she kept quiet and let all that transpired go down - Then again the same could be said about Hero Emiya and such. That aside i cannot fuckin wait to see Berserker go all out on this new iteration of Fate.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, I'm confused by Log Horizon at this point. Given the what, 6+ months between seasons, do they -really- need to explain mmo concepts to the audience in such detail? If it is just to set up this Technique Scroll stuff, then I guess, but otherwise it is exposition that could have been summed up with a lot less technical jargon (concerning the layman) and more character building. Instead we get almost a month lapsed in an episode and "MMO Raiding For Dummies." Wat. Oh, and a villain dude who dresses like Santa Claus.

Seven Deadly Sins is great, as is Parasyte. Cross Ange, while currently completely wtf, looks like it may get good? I think it is riding the lesbian/fanservice/bdsm route a bit much though. SAO looks to be getting interesting again... sort of. I must admit, now that they aren't trapped in the game (or Kirito's friends aren't trapped in the game) there is substantially less tension in the series.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Watching the new series after Zero just brings up so many questions about Saber and why she kept quiet and let all that transpired go down - Then again the same could be said about Hero Emiya and such.
What do you mean exactly?

On a different note, Mushishi is still amazing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well Saber knows Kirei
Knows Emiya and what all went down with Kirei
She should likely know that Kirei killed Tohsaka's pop
Likewise she should know that - that is technically Shirou's sister who is in control of Berserker...

However i dont recall her ever disclosing any pertinent information on the masters and the past until much later in the Fate-Stay timeline. If there is a reason then i likely do not remember it.

Fadaar

That guy
She's like R2-D2 in Star Wars. She knows everything but because she's a cunt says nothing.

R2 COULD HAVE TOLD LUKE EVERYTHING! My friend Glen and I had a discussion that went on for far too long, and we came to the conclusion that R2-D2 is the biggest dick in movie history.

/end tangent

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought they wiped the droids' memories at the end of the 3rd movie.

Anywho, I watched the last episode of Fate/Zero yesterday, and Kirei was killed before Saber destroyed the Grail at Kiritsugu's command. After Saber did that, she was sent back to where she came from. Kirei revived after that. She may just be avoiding the place out of old fears of it.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well Saber knows Kirei
Likewise she should know that - that is technically Shirou's sister who is in control of Berserker...

However i dont recall her ever disclosing any pertinent information on the masters and the past until much later in the Fate-Stay timeline. If there is a reason then i likely do not remember it.
hmm i dont think saber met with kirei when they went to church, and i dont think they didnt get any face time untill the end of the series iirc. For what regard ilya, when saber was summoned for the grail wars in zero i dont think she ever met her? So im sure Saber havent made any connection, also cause emiya wasnt talking much to saber anyway (on zero), so its not like saber knew every relation he had, family wise.

Also bit foggy, cause passed quite a bit of time since ive watched zero, but i dont think saber knew that kirei killed tohsaka father, i mean at the time even emiya iirc didnt know who killed it right away ? may be wrong tho obv. dont remember exactly.

Fadaar

That guy
I thought they wiped the droids' memories at the end of the 3rd movie.

Anywho, I watched the last episode of Fate/Zero yesterday, and Kirei was killed before Saber destroyed the Grail at Kiritsugu's command. After Saber did that, she was sent back to where she came from. Kirei revived after that. She may just be avoiding the place out of old fears of it.
Well we all know the prequels never happened, so I don't know what you're talking about.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Well Saber knows Kirei
She never met Ilya, and has no way of knowing who killed Rin's dad.

She also has pretty good reasons not to trust Shirou any further than she can kick him after how badly his dad fucked her over last time.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
SAO seems legit again. Seems that the gun gale shit was just to pull the new chick in?

AGK was good.

I need a new Tuesday anime!

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
only good one on tuesday is trinity seven. I read the manga cause i was curious and it Really really cool. It is harem type, but the char progression is cool, and the magic side is really interesting. I also enjoy the chemistry between the chars (very comical), the graphic and animation are very well done (and the battles seem kick ass, even tho they still have to show, but on manga they really cool). Plus the story is not bad.

I prefer this one over 7 deadly sin tbh (not that i dont enjoy 7 deadly sin, i just prefer trinity seven), under story/chars/graphic and animation point of view.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SAO getting back to business, so is Log Horizon - this could really turn it around for Vanguard.

Fadaar

That guy
If it had been like 9 or 10 episodes instead of 14(.5?) it might not have been so bad, but god damn did it drag in the middle.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SAO getting back to business, so is Log Horizon - this could really turn it around for Vanguard.
While it's intriguing the level of tension is still not there from the first season. There were real tangible threats in that season while we only had a bit of tension for only short period this season. I have a feeling they'll add something along those lines in the next episode or two but I don't think it will be as good as when they were stuck in the original Sword Art Online mmo.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For those of you out there who read the manga, is SAO about the take the whole "NPCs have gained a mind of their own" sort of thing as in Log Horizon? That's what I was feeling from that last episodes interaction.