Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally caught the 1st episode of UBW....HOLY SHIT THE LANCER/SABER FIGHT WAS BADASS!! Why can't all anime stylized so well.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's the second episode which is called one. The first one called 0 is archer v lancer. But yeah the fights are hella crazy. As one commentor noted they should have called it Ultimate Budget Works instead.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't believe Ufotable animated Attack on Titan.
Attack on Titan while amazing, was Wit Studios first production, they have yet to prove they can replicate that success in terms of an action based anime. In 2015 Wit Studios will air The Rolling Girls and the second season of Attack on Titan: Jiyu no Tsubasa. They are also working on their next action anime, Seraph of the End which will be an action/dark fantasy/horror anime. I'll have pretty high expectations for Seraph to see if they can replicate their craftsmanship from Attack on Titan.

Ufotable on the other hand has the Kara no Kyokai OVA's, God Eater Prologue/Promo, Fate/Zero, and Fate/UBW. As a studio I would give Ufotable a pretty large advantage, but Wit Studio is very promising as well.

God Eater Promo that Ufotable did in 2009 before the game released. We can probably expect the Anime production quality to be much higher.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SAO is back to awesome status.

Log horizon is doubling down on stupid drama.
SAO is good but not at season one tension yet. We are finally seeing some action though and definitely better then what came before. Log Horizon is definitely spending too much time on drama but that end scene was intriguing. If i'm not mistaken that was definitely a player/adventurer that was lying dead so that brings a whole new dimension to the anime.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Another question I guess for you SAO manga readers - does the GGO arc ever get referenced again? Or was that entire shitty arc all just to explain the introduction of a new character to their little group.

A friend of mine is behind on episodes, and honestly I thought I may just tell him to start with these last 2 episodes and just explain to him in 5 seconds who new sniper-girl is, rather than make him sit through that boring ass GGO arc.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GGO gets too much hate. Sure it was slow but it so had some great scenes and overall was worth watching. It just wasn't an A experience.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another question I guess for you SAO manga readers - does the GGO arc ever get referenced again? Or was that entire shitty arc all just to explain the introduction of a new character to their little group.

A friend of mine is behind on episodes, and honestly I thought I may just tell him to start with these last 2 episodes and just explain to him in 5 seconds who new sniper-girl is, rather than make him sit through that boring ass GGO arc.
Well, its not just the sniper girl but also the laughing coffin plot, that i guess will be used for another arc (is briefly retaken in the underworld, but only barely), since there is still a bunch of members they havent apprehended from the ggo kills (the third helper plus the leader who s mentioned, plus i guess some more?).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
SAO is good but not at season one tension yet. We are finally seeing some action though and definitely better then what came before. Log Horizon is definitely spending too much time on drama but that end scene was intriguing. If i'm not mistaken that was definitely a player/adventurer that was lying dead so that brings a whole new dimension to the anime.
I don't think she died "for real". Just in game. As in, she'll respawn at the cathedral when she really dies in game. It was more of an issue of why weren't the guardians there to protect her, and more importantly, how did that guy know they were gone?

Tonic_sl

shitlord
All caught up on Fate / Stay. If you're in this thread and not watching this show, you're doing yourself a disservice.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Caught up on everything as well and I'm trying to figure how this works. There's a prequel (Fate/Zero) and 2 alternative versions (with different endings I guess) of the sequel (Fate/Stay Night). We're watching version 2(2014), there's version one from the 2006 anime and I remember reading about a third version as well.

Malkav

French Madman
Caught up on everything as well and I'm trying to figure how this works. There's a prequel (Fate/Zero) and 2 alternative versions (with different endings I guess) of the sequel (Fate/Stay Night). We're watching version 2(2014), there's version one from the 2006 anime and I remember reading about a third version as well.
Don't remember the name for the first route (2006 F/SN). Current route is Unlimited Blade Works (which was previously animated in a way too short movie). Third route is Heaven's Feel and shoud be soon animated in a movie too.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't remember the name for the first route (2006 F/SN). Current route is Unlimited Blade Works (which was previously animated in a way too short movie). Third route is Heaven's Feel and shoud be soon animated in a movie too.
The first route is just called "Fate". Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's feel. At least the Heaven's feel movie is going to be done by the same studio.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cross Ange is quickly moving up my favorites this season. It is just so shameless and brutal.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Just watched the first few episodes of Trinity Seven. (new tuesday block anime)

I'm a fan. Reminds me of Soul Eater/Ao no Exorcist with more boob squeezing.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Great! Just queued it up. Need a Tuesday anime since HxH has completed.

"This is so difficult."

I'm enjoying it.

Parasyte is my favorite so far this season. Really neat concept and the parasite itself is rather endearing. The uncensored Terraformors was better then half your screen being black for whole episodes but it still is pretty generic and lifeless.

Does the pacing for SAO feel a little off for the last couple of episodes to anybody else? Maybe its because I spam watched the series over the last couple of weeks (didn't really catch my interest the first time I tried to watch), but it seems like they went Okay back to elfland... big problem shows up... heres the dungeon... two fights and boom. Just seems really rushed.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah some said it got better last episode,....but it had no build up for that fight so it just felt meaningless to me - The music and action was there from all of the other good fights but it felt wasted on an encounter that had no lead in to it

Also yeah Parasyte is #1 this season so far, it doesnt have the animation of UBW but it has an amazingly original story thats full of awesome.