Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I finished Fate Stay Night today. Going to start up on Fate Zero soon enough. It was definitely slow for the first 5-7 episodes, but then picked up from there. I ended up enjoying it overall, but god damn was the beginning slow. I hear that's the slowest of the 3 series, which is why I wanted to get it out of the way first. I think I'll like Zero.
You are going to notice a huge increase in production quality. Fate/Stay Night was a second tier(above average) anime with a pretty large following from the visual novels. Fate/Zero and UBW are top tier anime, some of the best production around for an anime TV series.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh yeah, Zero is far a better series, although it was like 6-7 years in between me watching night and zero.

Akame was awesome, Cross Ange is getting better than my expectations so thats good. I think Parasyte is still #1 with UBW right on its ass to me.

Vanadis or whatever is pretty good too, i liked it enough to read some of the manga. This is overall a pretty solid season for day to day anime.
Exactly how I feel with my rankings so far this season.

As far as Akame goes, haha poor Lubba.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Probably not the thread to post this in but fuck it. So, I watched Attack on Titan. I just want to know if there is more coming and when?

Also, any thing similar to it? I.e. grim setting/mystery type animes?

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm yeah second season i think is planned sometime next year? For similar anime? Hmm grim/mistery/violence? Hmm deadman wonderland and mirai nikki comes to mind, stories and settings (both are conteporany setting) are defo different from titan, but they have both lot of mystery, violence and action.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Probably not the thread to post this in but fuck it. So, I watched Attack on Titan. I just want to know if there is more coming and when?

Higurashi, Shiki, Umineko no Nako Koru(or something) - some weird shit from a few seasons ago with people having esp and killling villagers or something?

Fadaar

That guy
Knights of Sidonia is pretty similar too. It's on Netflix now, both sub and dub version. Dub is actual pretty solid. Plus you'll want to watch the Netflix version of the last episode, it's like 12 minutes longer. Season 2 of that starts sometime this month, or at least the first couple episodes are being premiered.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider

First ones that come to mind are Kurozuka and Claymore.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you want something a little lighter Strike the Blood was pretty awesome. Kill La Kill had a pretty grim setting, although it was heavy on comedy as well.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm

Summer 2015 unofficially.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
When i think of Grim and Mystery - Strike the Blood and Kill a Kill is "far" from that - hell kill a kill was mostly comedy and Strike the Blood was almost a harem action series.

Berserk and Claymore are high on grim and brutality but overall weak on Mystery -

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you ppl actually like RWBY? not shitting on roosterteeth, i've watched all RvB and workout to their podcasts, but RWBY is utter shit, I could not watch that shit the second someone spoke. (I tried for many episodes)

Sure it's a way for Monty to get all Monty on the fight scenes, but the dialogue the voices, all horrible, all produced in house. I think Miles and Kerry write the script, it's horrible and worse than most 1980's saturday morning cartoons.

If a fan made an ultimate edition of RWBY where it only included fight scenes and muted dialogue, that would be great.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I second Gantz, it was surprisingly good. Other greats in similar categories include Berserk, Elfen Lied, etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched the 45 minute episode 1 of Fate Zero last night. Nothing at all happened in it, except you get an introduction to the characters and see who they summon. To be honest, it was rather boring, but I assume the normal 22 minute episodes will be at a faster pace.