Fall 2016 Anime Thread

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't forget about

Shigurui
Ergo Proxy
Basilisk
Berserk (Golden Age movies + new series)
Hellsing Ultimate OVAs
Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners)
Mardock Scramble
Parasyte
Noein

It pain me to say it, but skip the new Berserk series. The original series plus the newer Golden Age OVAs are good, but the new series is a let down. Jusr read the manga instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It pain me to say it, but skip the new Berserk series. The original series plus the newer Golden Age OVAs are good, but the new series is a let down. Jusr read the manga instead.
read the manga? no, the arc that this series is covering is probably one of the better, later arcs anyway and looks great, theres no point reading the manga, unless you want to go past this tv series arc, and that whole entire shit with the kushans and whatever shit is just crap.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this a good spot for a general anime question?

I'm one of those guys that hasn't ever been into anime but watched Attack on Titan recently and really loved it. Since then, I've started Death Note, Knights of Sidonia, and Code Geass. Death Note has been awesome so far. Code Geass I'm unsure what to think of, but seems so highly regarded I feel like I should keep going. And Knights of Sidonia feels the closest to something I want to keep watching because I'm intrigued by the world like I was with AoT.

The unique world is what really hooked me from the very start with Attack on Titan. You google or reddit search this topic you'll see a thousand other people in the exact same situation I'm in. I generally trust the Rerolled hive mind. AoT hooked me from the very start and unique world building is what I loved the most about it. Given that, suggestions?

Fate:Zero + Stay Night are both pretty great. Stay Night has some of the best animation I've seen in an anime series. You could try the first season of Sword Art Online, but I would stay far far away from the rest of it though.

One show that took me by surprise and I love to death is Silver Spoon, such a fun and light hearted show.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
aaahhh fate Zero, the memories. Both fate are good anime to get into.
In hindsight, Zero is the prequel but was released after, I would watch that prior to Fate stay night if you can.

12e682a957ae6f133fddc0582757c9d9.jpg

02%2BLancer%2Bgets%2Bcut.jpg

12e682a957ae6f133fddc0582757c9d9.jpg

02%2BLancer%2Bgets%2Bcut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There was a remake of Fate/Stay Night ya know. They did the Unlimited Blade Works version. Less Shiro bullshit, more badassery like Fate/Zero. The same people who did Zero.

Skip the old version, just watch Fate/Zero then Fate/Stay UBW in my opinion.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
UBW was good, but Zero was better in my opinion. Iskander is the King of Bros.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zero had the better story, while UBW had the better animated fights (imo).

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Zero had better story and characters for sure.

Animation stepped up big time in UBW, but zero wasn't shit either.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Don't forget about

Shigurui
Ergo Proxy
Basilisk
Berserk (Golden Age movies + new series)
Hellsing Ultimate OVAs
Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners)
Mardock Scramble
Parasyte
Noein

And after you watch the Hellsing OVA's, you are required to watch Hellsing Ultimate Abridged - TeamFourStar (TFS) - YouTube. You'll thank me later.

Also IMO Fate/Zero was better in every single way than UBW except for animation. I fucking hate the kid characters in the UBW arc, the protags/servants in Zero were SO much better.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ajin season 2. And what looks like yet another season of Haikyuu, but that doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's a 1 shot.

Oh, and Iron Blooded Orphans. Win for those 3.

• 1Like

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Soma has cracked into my top 10 of all time. Fantastic, no bad episodes at all. HOFer.

• 2Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
When you feel comfortable enough with your newfound fondness of anime and you can tolerate an incredibly goofy looking kid with tiny shorts and a psychotic pedoclown, it means it is time to binge Hunter X Hunter.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Drifters is the only thing standing out to me, I took a break from Anima for a while so I may go back and watch fate:zero. Pretty much I'll be bumbed until another season of Dan Matchi

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Drifters is the only thing standing out to me, I took a break from Anima for a while so I may go back and watch fate:zero. Pretty much I'll be bumbed until another season of Dan Matchi
sorta NSFW, focus on clothed boobs, cuz Dan Matchi

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mad props for Fate/Zero. It may not have quite the same level of quality in animation during the fights, but it is easily the best of the "Fate" products out there. Which is saying something, since UBWs recent offering was top tier.

Shokugeki is easily one of my favorite animes ever, though I attribute that largely to spending over a decade slingin' pans.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its that magical time again.

The full sized schedule is down below.

The previews and season schedule aren't available yet, but will be included later.

A schedule of release times and subtitle sources is located here: Fansub Database

fall2016anime1.jpg

fall2016anime2.jpg

fall2016anime3.jpg

fall2016anime4.jpg

fall2016anime5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Iron Blooded Orphans season 2 though.
Ajin season 2
Plus whatever they're doing with Haikyuu. Says it's the sequel to season 2.

There's a new show, Sangatsu no Lion, that might be interesting. The main character (guy with glasses) looks identical to the "You Lie In April" piano player guy, so it might be a similar type of series. At least animated by the same group.

Last edited:
  • 1Like